Dr. James Maccarone DO Patient Reviews

2.3
  • 20 reviews

August 10th, 2015
Dr. Mac has had 18 years of experience in learning how to ruin peoples lives. For sure, he has perfected this aspect of his expertice. He is not to be trusted. I am so glad I found myself a doctor more suitable for my needs. Believe me, there are some good doctors in Clarksville and I am sure they would love to hear from you.

April 27th, 2015
So Very Sad
The things that go on are down right illegal and neglectful. After reading all of the reviews and yes they are ALL true at one time or another, there has to come first patient care and this practice has LOST that. I was there for a long while and it was very hard to work most days. Once it became pain mgmt then came the problems. I wouldn't even give this one star because I know what has gone on and it is a shame.

March 11th, 2015
At one time I thought highly of Dr. Mac. now I wouldn't even recommend him to my worst enemy.

January 10th, 2015
The staff treat you like crap because Dr. Maccarone treat his staff like crap. And thrn you have to sit in there for about 6 to 8 hours praying that want rescheduled you. And if you have insurance they will call and reschedule you at least twice a month. And on top of that sometime you don't even get to see the dr.

August 12th, 2013
Did you ever wonder why there is so many Nurse practitioners and Physician assistance
I see him a couple of times, and was afraid to be in the waiting room. The first time I had an appointment I gave him the benefit of the doubt but the next time it was the same story with long wait and was told to reschedule after sitting there for hours. The stories I heard while in the waiting area made me want to never return, so I did not. I was told by several people, there as been many Nurse practitioners and Physician assistance and I should schedule seeing one of them but, they never stay long enough to really get to know you. I wonder why. I think maybe its just not a good place to be.

March 20th, 2013
My husband and I sat the the waiting room for 4 hours!!! Throughout the wait, I observed an eldery couple sitting in the corner, already waiting when we arrived. I went to ask them how long have they been waiting to see Dr Mac, their response was 8 hours!! I went to the receptionist window to inform her that an elderly couple has been waiting to see Dr Mac, since 8:30am, it was now 4:30pm. The receptionist stated she could not speak to me about another client due to HIPPA law. The eldery couple went to the receptionist window and was informed that their appointment was canceled the day before. NO ONE from Dr Mac's office notified them of the cancellation. ???

March 7th, 2012
Dr. Maccarone
I think Dr. Maccarone is a very knowledgable and caring doctor; the problem is that he has too many patients so instead of treating all of his patients in an excellent manner, he treats them all with what feels like disrespect and as if their time is not important. I have high blood pressure and there have been times when I had to wait so long, it was causing my blood pressure to rise. The total time in that office for me and my family is never less than 2 hours and if it is 2 hours, you are thankful it was not 4 or 5. One thing that really bothers me about him is that he kind of half listens to you and then tells you the rest of the story, as if he knows what you were going to say. Then he prescribes pills.... lots of pills. There must be compensation for prescribing so many drugs because he is quick to give them to you. Like a quick fix instead of taking the time to examine you and coming up with a better solution than just drugs. I would much rather do something well for a small group of people than do a terrible job with a large number of people. I know this is all about money so I have decided to go to another doctor. Thank God I was able to get in with them because I would rather go to the emergency room than to his office. It is beyond ridiculous.

March 2nd, 2012
Never will go again
I took my elderly mother to see this doctor. She has had a stroke and is in a wheelchair. She wears a diaper due to unable to control her bladder. We waited for 6 hours to see the doctor. I went to the staff and explained that my mother could not wait for so long due to her condition-no rush was provided. In addition, when she was seen by the doctor, I explained the wait was horrible-he said it was not normal and the average time was about an hour. However, when I returned to the lobby, I was told by other patients that was a lie, the average time is 4+ hours... crazy!!! Also, I had to call repeatly to get the referrals. This was a one time visit, I will take my mom to another doctor.

October 7th, 2011
this dr is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

June 15th, 2011
dont go here
Wait time is extremely long. The staff here will tell you nothing but excuses.. the staff at the front desk is very rude and will not tell you anything. Phone calls are never returned. This place can not keep employees. Do not go here,you will be very unsatisfied

May 9th, 2011
Worst doctor on the planet
My wife appointment was a 9:30 am she got all the paper work and blood work completed in 1 1/2 hours. We waited until 12:30 pm to find out that the doctor had went to lunch. The nurse came in and said we should go do the same. We came back at 1:15 pm and the doctor was not back. We waited untill 2:30 pm to find out he was with other people and said we would be next. My wife got up crying and went to sit in our vehical. 3:30 came around and I went in the the doctor office and let him have it. This is the most untought full doctor we have evere incounted. Please save your self and stay away from him. I will not even go to Gate way anymore because they allow him to continue to work their.

April 26th, 2011
BLock off 3+ hours for an appt
I have been there multiple times in the last few years and never once has a visit taken less than 3 hours. Dr. Maccarone is very nice but seems more interested in the money he's getting from the pharmaceutical companies for dispensing meds than in the quality of care he is giving.