Dr. James Maccarone DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 27th, 2015
So Very Sad
The things that go on are down right illegal and neglectful. After reading all of the reviews and yes they are ALL true at one time or another, there has to come first patient care and this practice has LOST that. I was there for a long while and it was very hard to work most days. Once it became pain mgmt then came the problems. I wouldn't even give this one star because I know what has gone on and it is a shame.

January 10th, 2015
The staff treat you like crap because Dr. Maccarone treat his staff like crap. And thrn you have to sit in there for about 6 to 8 hours praying that want rescheduled you. And if you have insurance they will call and reschedule you at least twice a month. And on top of that sometime you don't even get to see the dr.

March 20th, 2013
My husband and I sat the the waiting room for 4 hours!!! Throughout the wait, I observed an eldery couple sitting in the corner, already waiting when we arrived. I went to ask them how long have they been waiting to see Dr Mac, their response was 8 hours!! I went to the receptionist window to inform her that an elderly couple has been waiting to see Dr Mac, since 8:30am, it was now 4:30pm. The receptionist stated she could not speak to me about another client due to HIPPA law. The eldery couple went to the receptionist window and was informed that their appointment was canceled the day before. NO ONE from Dr Mac's office notified them of the cancellation. ???

March 2nd, 2012
Never will go again
I took my elderly mother to see this doctor. She has had a stroke and is in a wheelchair. She wears a diaper due to unable to control her bladder. We waited for 6 hours to see the doctor. I went to the staff and explained that my mother could not wait for so long due to her condition-no rush was provided. In addition, when she was seen by the doctor, I explained the wait was horrible-he said it was not normal and the average time was about an hour. However, when I returned to the lobby, I was told by other patients that was a lie, the average time is 4+ hours... crazy!!! Also, I had to call repeatly to get the referrals. This was a one time visit, I will take my mom to another doctor.

October 7th, 2011
this dr is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

June 15th, 2011
dont go here
Wait time is extremely long. The staff here will tell you nothing but excuses.. the staff at the front desk is very rude and will not tell you anything. Phone calls are never returned. This place can not keep employees. Do not go here,you will be very unsatisfied

May 9th, 2011
Worst doctor on the planet
My wife appointment was a 9:30 am she got all the paper work and blood work completed in 1 1/2 hours. We waited until 12:30 pm to find out that the doctor had went to lunch. The nurse came in and said we should go do the same. We came back at 1:15 pm and the doctor was not back. We waited untill 2:30 pm to find out he was with other people and said we would be next. My wife got up crying and went to sit in our vehical. 3:30 came around and I went in the the doctor office and let him have it. This is the most untought full doctor we have evere incounted. Please save your self and stay away from him. I will not even go to Gate way anymore because they allow him to continue to work their.

April 26th, 2011
BLock off 3+ hours for an appt
I have been there multiple times in the last few years and never once has a visit taken less than 3 hours. Dr. Maccarone is very nice but seems more interested in the money he's getting from the pharmaceutical companies for dispensing meds than in the quality of care he is giving.

January 30th, 2011
A very caring and considerate Doctor who sincerely cares for and my health, as a PERSON not just a PATIENT!
I am an educated person intelligent enough to know that I am willing to wait to see a doctor who sincerly cares for me and my health! He has provided me with his personal numbers so I can contact him at anytime, not to mention that he takes ti,e out of his busy schedule to check Im on me! I love him dearly and I am gonna miss him dearly when we PCS to FL! I will miss him dearly!

January 16th, 2011
Most disrespectful rude unprofessional provider!!!
Wait time is never under 11/2 to see Dr. Mac!!! he could care less about his patient after waiting for 3 hours of waiting i had to leave and he still charged me a no show...i have been in his office numerous times when he has not shown up!! Have heard him cursing at his employees and his wife!!! I would not go back to him even if he was the last Dr. on earth!!

January 13th, 2011
I never see Dr. Maccrone because I figured out years ago that it takes about two weeks to be able to get an appointment to see him. I always ask for a nurse practicner appoint. Even then it takes about an hour or so before you are called to the back. Plus this office never calls me with test results, I usually just wait until my next appointment to find out my test results from the previous appointment. Not good, when you have hypothyroidism. I usually go months before my medicine is adjusted. So, so, inconvient. They also want give test results over the phone. You must make another appointment.

December 15th, 2010
I will never return
Unreal lack of professionalism this man has