A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Macho:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Macho is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Macho, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Breast Diseases
- Critical Care
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Macho graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Macho has 10 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- California Pacific Medical Center - Davies Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Macho accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 90 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 18 plans
- Humana - 7 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans