Dr. James Macho Is this you?

4.7

Emergency Gall Bladder surgery

Posted on November 23rd, 2015

I needed an emergency gall bladder removal. I was very lucky that Dr. Macho was on call at St. Francis Hospital. He did the keyhole surgery 10 Oct. and was a pleasure to deal with. I highly recommend him.

Posted on March 19th, 2012

I went to see Dr. Macho in 2011. I offered to pay my copay in cash or check at the time of service but the receptionist told me it was not necessary. I receive a statement in the mail around 3 1/2 months after I was seen by Dr. Macho to collect my copayment that I offered to pay at the time of service. I have called and left messages three times with current phone numbers and email addresses for the past 4 weeks, to try to talk to the Billing Manger, but no one has gotten back with me. I don't feel that I should be responsible to pay this copayment now as I offered to pay for it when I was seen by Dr. Macho, and now the level of service that I have received has already and the amount of time I have taken to try to resolve this issue with them.

Posted on March 30th, 2011

I saw Dr. Macho after being admitted to St. Francis through the emergency room because of what was diagnosed to be diverticulitis. I do share the opinions below that Dr. Macho has a thorough approach and caring manner that inspires confidence. Mostly, I was so impressed that Dr. Macho recommended that I NOT have surgery, when other doctors in the hospital thought surgery likely would be needed. He predicted accurately that my symptoms would resolve. Although I was under the care of the hospitalist, and Dr. Macho could easily have given his opinion and walked away, he followed my case closely for 4 days and came to see me twice a day. His care was MUCH appreciated.

Posted on January 16th, 2015