Dr. James Madsen MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Temple, TX

2.3

November 23rd, 2016
Dr Madsen is passionate about what he does. I trust his judgement and recommend him to all. He followed up with a phone call about my blood tests which is evidence of his caring.

June 30th, 2016
Do Not Visit This Doctor!
This doctor is horrendous! He treats his staff like they are beneath him. He does NOT listen to his patients and he considers referrals beneath him because this would question his professional opinion. Never mind the fact that this doctor is an Occupational Health doctor, not a specialist, so in reality he can only provide an opinion and not a professional one.

September 2nd, 2015
Stay as far away from this doctor as you can.
Have you ever been to a RUDE doctor? Well, I hadn't either until I went to this guy. He's a workers' comp doctor and works for the insurance company. He misdiagnoses you, refuses to listen to the patient, refuses to run necessary tests, and LIES on the medical reports. I have been unable to work for over 10 years due to an injury that this man simply REFUSED to even look at. If you are over 50 he will tell you you have arthritis and that's all that's wrong and to get back to work. (I later found out he had done this to someone else too, so it wasn't just my case! FYI I had a torn labrum in my hip; the other patient had a torn rotator cuff.) It's a LONG story but I have the medical records to back up my claim. This man should not be seeing patients at all. He's a QUACK.

December 28th, 2011
Find another doctor
I had the unfortunate experience of a workplace injury and was assigned to this doctor. If this happens to you, RUN (don't walk) away and get a lawyer immediately. The other post here is very accurate. When I obtained a copy of my medical record from the insurance company I could not believe the stuff that was in it. Most of the complaints that I had described to him were not even in the records. He was ready to release me on about my third visit (at this point he had done nothing). I finally brought a 'witness' to my appointment with me because I was describing hip pain and I saw in the records he wrote that even though I said it was my hip he thought it was my back! My blood pressure would rise every time I had an appointment at this facility. Go to Waco; go to Austin ... go anywhere except Scott and White ... They are not to be trusted. They are insurance company doctors ... looking out for the interests of the insurance company and don't care about the employees. Patients beware!!!

March 3rd, 2009
Dishonest and Harmful
Dr. Madsen sees workers comp patients and is a "company doctor." Multiple patients have stated that he walked into the examination room the first time they saw him telling them he was going to "fully release" them without any treatment for their injuries. He may allow a small amount of conservative treatment if the patient objects, but he will then state in the records that the patient is recovered and is to return to work without any restrictions, even when they are seriously injured, in serious pain, and unable to do their jobs. He also is known to falsify medical records, stating that the patient made statements that they never made and stating that maximum medical improvement was discussed when it was not. Dr. Madsen is prone to raising his voice and leaving the room if he does not want to answer questions. He will not document symptoms for injuries he doesn't want to have in the records. He will not order diagnostic tests for injuries he does not want in the records. His office destroys patient-generated (hand-written) records routinely. He will justify a claim of full recovery by stating that the insurance company doesn't want to pay for treatment and that he is therefore forced to release an injured patient without restrictions.Do not go to this doctor. You do not have to see Dr. Madsen or any Scott & White doctor. You can pick your own doctor under Texas law for work-related injuries and do not have to pay anything for it. To find a doctor who will actually treat your injuries, call an attorney to find out which attorneys take workers comp cases for patients. Then call one of those attorneys and ask which doctor they trust to take appropriate care of a patient. Then, go to that doctor. Even then, you will probably not get good treatment because the insurance company will deny treatments and deny your injured body parts. Even though you may not like attorneys, you are better off getting an attorney from the beginning to force the insurance company to pay for appropriate treatment so you can recover while you still can and be able to work again.