Dr. James Maisel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 5 reviews

February 23rd, 2015
a highly competent caring doctor with a great friendly staff simply the best

August 29th, 2011
I had a big problem with my cataract surgery and he reoperated and got rid of my floaters and restored my vision.

June 13th, 2011
Miracle Worker
The wait is abysmal, and his bed-side manner leaves a lot to be desired - HOWEVER. This is not important in the scheme of things.He is incredibly talented and professional. At the age of 21 years old I was diagnosed with severe retinal detachments in both eyes. The problem was simply too involved and complicated to be corrected with laser - instead, they manually went in and performed a scleral buckle surgery. In both eyes, weeks apart.He not only addressed the source of the problem, but prevented further problems with this preventative method. My peripheral vision was regained in both eyes, and they work in concert beautifully.He is a miracle worker this doctor.

July 25th, 2010
Very Good Doctor
I've been going to Dr. Maisel for over 4 years due to an eye condition that requires monitioring. From the beginning, he has answered all my questions, explained my condition in terms I can understand and recently when the condition changed and may require surgery, he has put me at ease. He always sends the results of my visit to my primary doctor.As for wait times, I'm usually taken within 15 minutes of arriving (this last time I barely sat down whe they called me) to have pre-tests and drops put in my eyes. The wait from pre-tests to seeing the doctor was 30 minutes, which isn't bad considering wait times I experience at other doctor offices.

July 16th, 2010
Worst Doctor Ever...
He doesn't listen is more concern about talking in his little device about my diagnose rather than talking to me directly. He gets annoyed if you ask more questions. He makes you wait forever to see him. His staff sit around and talk about him while he in the room with other patients. So that makes you see what type of employer he is. I will never go back. If you are referred to him, find another doctor who is willing to listen to your concerns.