Dr. James Maisel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Maisel?

Horrible support staff

Posted on September 26th, 2017

I cannot speak to the actual level of care that this doctors group provides, but I can say that the customer service from the support staff is totally lacking. I recently took my 78 year old father, who has been a patient for several years for an appointment at 9 am. He was turned away promptly due to his medicare supplemental insurance, not being accepted. When he offered to pay cash, he was also denied. Now, its not that he was denied or that his insurance wasn't taken that bothers me. It was the cold, unfeeling and uncaring manner that the receptionist treated him that upsets me. When they called the day before to confirm the appointment they didn't bother asking if there was a change of insurance or ever brought it up. When he was told he would have to see another specialist there was no apology for the inconvenience or even slight thought that he was a human being. When he asked who he should see, there was no attempt to give a recommendation or referral or suggestion. He was simply told to consult his insurance directory. So now my father has to seek out a new specialist to examine the growing blind spot in his vision with no help or remorse from this medical group

Retnal Tears

Posted on April 27th, 2017

Dr. Maisel was incredible ! He explained everything in great detail and was extremely compassionate towards my feelings. I would highly recommend him !

Posted on February 24th, 2015

a highly competent caring doctor with a great friendly staff simply the best

Posted on August 29th, 2011

I had a big problem with my cataract surgery and he reoperated and got rid of my floaters and restored my vision.

Miracle Worker

Posted on June 13th, 2011

The wait is abysmal, and his bed-side manner leaves a lot to be desired - HOWEVER. This is not important in the scheme of things.He is incredibly talented and professional. At the age of 21 years old I was diagnosed with severe retinal detachments in both eyes. The problem was simply too involved and complicated to be corrected with laser - instead, they manually went in and performed a scleral buckle surgery. In both eyes, weeks apart.He not only addressed the source of the problem, but prevented further problems with this preventative method. My peripheral vision was regained in both eyes, and they work in concert beautifully.He is a miracle worker this doctor.

Very Good Doctor

Posted on July 25th, 2010

I've been going to Dr. Maisel for over 4 years due to an eye condition that requires monitioring. From the beginning, he has answered all my questions, explained my condition in terms I can understand and recently when the condition changed and may require surgery, he has put me at ease. He always sends the results of my visit to my primary doctor.As for wait times, I'm usually taken within 15 minutes of arriving (this last time I barely sat down whe they called me) to have pre-tests and drops put in my eyes. The wait from pre-tests to seeing the doctor was 30 minutes, which isn't bad considering wait times I experience at other doctor offices.

Worst Doctor Ever...

Posted on July 16th, 2010

He doesn't listen is more concern about talking in his little device about my diagnose rather than talking to me directly. He gets annoyed if you ask more questions. He makes you wait forever to see him. His staff sit around and talk about him while he in the room with other patients. So that makes you see what type of employer he is. I will never go back. If you are referred to him, find another doctor who is willing to listen to your concerns.

Posted on October 10th, 2017