Dr. James Major Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. James Major?

Posted on October 19th, 2017

I’ve seen him 3 times in the past month and a half. He is my new PCP. My Annual Wellness Exam was the most perfunctory and cursive I’ve ever had. It’s like he just going through the motions. He’s also a germaphobe who listened to my heart with my shirt on, didn’t do a prostrate Exam, didn’t discuss my blood work at all, did a very clumsy and uncomfortable “Exam” of my lymph glands, never checked my feet(I’m diabetic.) Every time I’ve left his office it’s been with a great sense that something was amiss. I’m not going back.

This MD was very rude to me had previously given me enough pain meds yo last 30 days and I had made them last 100 days way over the 30 days he gave them to me for .....then when I showed up St his office in excruching. Pain after he had decreased my medication he accused me of being a drug addict. Keeping in mind I was in a motor vehicle accident over twenty years ago and had to have neck and back surgery. I have never been spoken to or treated in this manner.

Posted on April 14th, 2017

Would not recommend.

Posted on April 22nd, 2016

Dr. Major is by far the best doctor I've ever used. He is very down to earth, makes you feel completely at ease and genuinely cares and listens. I recently moved to Glendale AZ and was going to keep him as my doctor but he's no longer with Northwest Allied. The letter I received led me to believe he was no longer going to be practicing but it looks like he relocated to the east side so I don't know what he's doing now.

Posted on March 16th, 2016

Can't believe some of the other reviews are about the same Doctor we are seeing. We've been with Dr. Major for years and he has always taken the time to answer our questions and 100% accurate on diagnosis. Very caring. His assistant is great also.

Rude, crude, demeaning

Posted on February 25th, 2016

He is so rude and demeaning that I suspect he has a mental disorder and would never trust his professional judgment.

Posted on June 4th, 2015

The doctor and his assistant are rushed and overworked. His assistant returns calls several days later if at all. You can't get an appointment for months out. It seems our family physician is Urgent care. Don't think insurance appreciates that. Time to find a new doctor.

Poor Service

Posted on May 21st, 2015

The doctor is rushed and overworked. Told me he was taking mental health time off thought that would help but instead he has been rude and short and doesn't return calls. HIs staff doesn't return calls. I had to contact the Practice Manager Donna to get him to talk to me/my wife about my medications and refills.

doctor views

Posted on November 7th, 2014

I feel Dr Major does not really treat his patients with the respect they deserve. He seems preoccupied with too many issues than yours. Getting prescriptions refilled is always a problem. He often makes changes to your meds without notifying the patient. Wait times are too long and I have been forgotten at least once in the waiting room. Watch out as he tends to over medicate and then does not have a clue about why your conditions change. It's the combined meds, in my opinion. I have changed to another doctor.

terrible front office staff

Posted on February 7th, 2013

A great talker but useless as a doctor.

Posted on January 23rd, 2013

Very nice doctor. He talks to you more like a friend than a doctor . Unfortunately he seems to revert to prescribing narcotics and benzo's when he can't find out what's wrong during your 10 minute visit .

Concerned, attentive, professional

Posted on September 25th, 2012

I have been with Dr. Major for 10 + years. He is a first class family doctor with excellent cardiac and respiratory skills. This man knows his stuff, I want to give him the highest consideration in this review.

A great doctor

Posted on June 28th, 2011

Dr. Major spent enough time with me to find out my family history, my past medical problems, lab reports, etc. Then recommended a test based on these findings that resulted in finding a heart blockage, which was corrected by a couple of stents. Neither my wife or I have ever felt rushed or given incomplete care.