Dr. James Mamone MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 1st, 2016
Excellent at diagnosis, presentation of options and completion of procedures.

April 30th, 2016
Janice Y.
Great doctor! Had left hip replacement surgery, and right knee torn minisicus. Recovered beautifully on both occasions, and would recommend him highly!

December 29th, 2015
patient
Had both knees replaced over a two year period.Dr Mamone showed absolute professionalism and personal investment in me as his patient.He followed up after the surgery and gave me a lot of very good advise as to my recovery.I would recommend him to anyone who needs this kind of surgery.

August 5th, 2015
Dr. Mamone is an excellent surgeon who cares about each patient. He explains everything very well and makes sure you understand before he proceeds with surgery. I can't say enough about him and recommend him to everyone who needs orthopedic surgery

June 27th, 2015
See both sides...
I can understand each review posted here as I have been a patient of his for a number of months now. Yes - he can come across as self absorbed. Yes - he does seem to genuinely care. He is incredibly talented at his specialty.

April 29th, 2015
Good Experience
My appointment was later than scheduled but I was kept informed of the delay. After meeting with him I understood. He spends as much time with a client as necessary to answer questions etc. It was appreciated.

March 16th, 2015
Total Disappointment
Dr. Mamone was verbally combative in his interaction with me, curt, rude and seemed angry at someone or something. His office assistant was not much better. From Dr. Mamone's discussions with me it was obvious he had not read my medical chart. I am still puzzled by his interaction with me. I did not know him or met him before this appointment. The discussion was basically one way, his. Asked me what is your problem, and I told him that I was referred to him by my primary care physician for a second opinion before a recommended third surgery by an Orthopedic Surgeon. It went downhill from there. Waited six months to see him -what a waste for him and me. One of the worst, if not worst medical visits I have ever experienced.

October 12th, 2012
Great Doctor
Dr. Mamone is an awesome doctor. He performed a meniscus repair and chondroplasty to my knee which was previously injury playing sports. I don't really understand the negative reviews on here, I think he is very professional and treated me very well. I had been to 3 other orthopedic surgeons before I found him and he is the only one that I trusted to touch my knee! Before the procedure, he drew an illustration of my knee and explained in detail what the problem was. My husband injured his knee a year ago running sprints and is now a patient of Dr. Mamone and will have surgery at the end of this month. We both have complete trust in his ability!

October 11th, 2012
You've got to be kidding!
I was referred this this office by Roseville Urgent Care for a fractured right foot. The office Receptionist declined to give me an appointment saying the doctors in the office do NOT treat this kind of injury. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!!! I was referred by Sutter Urgent Care... Someone doesn't know their job! Front office staff reflect the doctors who hired them!

August 17th, 2011
The BEST bedside manner
I've never met a more caring doctor. He goes to every length to fix whatever is wrong & has a great sense of humor

March 19th, 2009
Dr. Mamone is a specialist and a professional. His experience qualifies him for the most difficult procedures. I would highly recommend Dr. Mamone to anyone in need of excellent surgical care.