Dr. James Mamone Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Mamone?

Talented Physician

Posted on September 27th, 2017

I give Dr. Mamone 5 stars only due to his talent as a surgeon. He did a TKR on my knee and am relieved to have ZERO knee pain for the first time in 20 years. That being said, expect a high level of arrogance from him. Perhaps he feels he has earned it. Also, after the surgery (which was completed at about 8:00 p.m.) he didn't feel the need to come out and visit my wife to give her a status update. She went up to the counter to as my status and was informed "oh - he is just leaving recovery now and on the way to his hospital room".

Posted on May 1st, 2016

Excellent at diagnosis, presentation of options and completion of procedures.

Janice Y.

Posted on April 30th, 2016

Great doctor! Had left hip replacement surgery, and right knee torn minisicus. Recovered beautifully on both occasions, and would recommend him highly!

Posted on August 5th, 2015

Dr. Mamone is an excellent surgeon who cares about each patient. He explains everything very well and makes sure you understand before he proceeds with surgery. I can't say enough about him and recommend him to everyone who needs orthopedic surgery

See both sides...

Posted on June 27th, 2015

I can understand each review posted here as I have been a patient of his for a number of months now. Yes - he can come across as self absorbed. Yes - he does seem to genuinely care. He is incredibly talented at his specialty.

Good Experience

Posted on April 29th, 2015

My appointment was later than scheduled but I was kept informed of the delay. After meeting with him I understood. He spends as much time with a client as necessary to answer questions etc. It was appreciated .

Total Disappointment

Posted on March 16th, 2015

Dr. Mamone was verbally combative in his interaction with me, curt, rude and seemed angry at someone or something. His office assistant was not much better. From Dr. Mamone's discussions with me it was obvious he had not read my medical chart. I am still puzzled by his interaction with me. I did not know him or met him before this appointment. The discussion was basically one way, his. Asked me what is your problem, and I told him that I was referred to him by my primary care physician for a second opinion before a recommended third surgery by an Orthopedic Surgeon. It went downhill from there. Waited six months to see him -what a waste for him and me. One of the worst, if not worst medical visits I have ever experienced.

Great Doctor

Posted on October 13th, 2012

Dr. Mamone is an awesome doctor. He performed a meniscus repair and chondroplasty to my knee which was previously injury playing sports. I don't really understand the negative reviews on here, I think he is very professional and treated me very well. I had been to 3 other orthopedic surgeons before I found him and he is the only one that I trusted to touch my knee! Before the procedure, he drew an illustration of my knee and explained in detail what the problem was. My husband injured his knee a year ago running sprints and is now a patient of Dr. Mamone and will have surgery at the end of this month. We both have complete trust in his ability!

You've got to be kidding!

Posted on October 11th, 2012

I was referred this this office by Roseville Urgent Care for a fractured right foot. The office Receptionist declined to give me an appointment saying the doctors in the office do NOT treat this kind of injury. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!!! I was referred by Sutter Urgent Care... Someone doesn't know their job! Front office staff reflect the doctors who hired them!

The BEST bedside manner

Posted on August 17th, 2011

I've never met a more caring doctor. He goes to every length to fix whatever is wrong & has a great sense of humor

Posted on March 19th, 2009

Dr. Mamone is a specialist and a professional. His experience qualifies him for the most difficult procedures. I would highly recommend Dr. Mamone to anyone in need of excellent surgical care.

Posted on September 24th, 2017