Dr. James Marion MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology New York, NY

September 5th, 2016
Out to lunch
Strange man. Sometimes he was genuinely warm and caring, other times he was sadistically cruel to both myself and my parent, and other times he was out of his mind. One time in particular, his speech was slurred and he was oddly mispronouncing both common words as well as medical terms. He was normal-ish again the next time I saw him, but I'm very thankful that he had his associate perform my colonoscopy!

August 22nd, 2016
UC Patient 15yrs
Methodical. Informative. Very personable, extremely kind & genuinely nice person

November 4th, 2015
Very unprofessional and rude
Dr. Marion has proven himself to be very poor in dealing with patients. Some of the other (negative) reviews make perfect sense to me. He has a serious attitude problem, and there is no excuse for treating patients badly. He has made inappropriate comments ("I'm surprised you're still alive...", "Don't waste my time."), was quite rude to my mother, and doesn't like being questioned. There are so many qualified doctors in the city, that there is no reason to even consider going to him. Seriously...if you're looking for a good doctor and considering a visit to Marion, you should reconsider. Although I think he's a relatively high-profile GI specialist with competent skills as a clinician, I don't have any personal proof that he's anything special. He may have helped many patients with his advice, but that doesn't negate anything I've said. If I could file a complaint against him and have him reprimanded, I would do it. I didn't have a problem with his staff or wait times, etc...they were adequate. But this particular doctor should be avoided

September 10th, 2015
Nurse/patent
Very knowledgeable. Kind,caring

August 5th, 2015
Hard to reach
The office seems impossible to reach. Calls go unanswered. No useful information is forthcoming. Are patients still being seen? I have had great service in the past, but I am becoming concerned. Also, for a colonoscopy the out of pocket costs have become outrageous. What the heck is going on ?

June 11th, 2015
Very unprofessional
Dealing with Dr. Marion was like dealing with Jekyll & Hyde. One minute he was friendly and reassuring, the next he was insulting and abusive - not only to myself but towards my family. He was wrong a lot, but never apologized or took responsibility. If I questioned his reasoning, he'd throw a temper tantrum. Outside of administering Remicade, he really didn't know all that much about medicine, nor about dealing with people. His partners were way more competent and emotionally stable.

May 26th, 2015
Crohn's patient.
Dr. Marion diagnosed me correctly so that I could get on the proper course of medications and have relief of pain.

May 24th, 2015
I just feel bad because I cannot afford to pay privately For Dr. Marion any longer. And, the cost to have regular office visits or tests like colonoscopies and endoscopes is way out of the ballpark!! I will need to see a local Long Island physician. I feel real bad because I saw him for years.

June 3rd, 2012
INTELLIGENT AND CARING DOCTOR
DOCTOR MARION IS VERY CARING AND PROFESSIONAL. HE HAS ALOT OF EXPERIENCE IN TREATING CROHNS PATIENTS AND COLITIS PATIENTS LIKE MYSELF.THESE ILLNESSES ARE FRUSTRATING TO TREAT.GOAL FOR DR. MARION AND PATIENT IS REMISSION. SOMETIMES THIS IS DIFFICULT FOR BOTH DR. MARION AND THE PATIENT.

May 20th, 2012
He was very nasty.
I have no idea what went wrong. Perhaps he had a bad day, but he is number one on my list of worst doctor experiences ever! The whole thing was a nightmare. He was nasty and we had hardly said hello, before he was yelling. We were just stunned. The office staff is just as nasty. I was desperate for a more expert opinion. I think this doctor has bad days... and so watch out. He's smart, but I felt like one of his medical students he was yelling at. I was too stunned to walk out. I never got my questions answered. Literally, we had just shaken hands, he asked one question and blew up in my face when he didn't like the answer. He accused me of not stating a fact, but an opinion. I finally made him realize with a test result that I brought with me, that I was stating a fact. He never apologized.

April 25th, 2012
Kind and excelled gastroenterologist
As a physician myself and I can tell you that my Crohn's disease was not manageable untilI met dr. Marion.He is the best in his field!

April 17th, 2012
Don't look any more...
He instills confidence and knows what he is talking about. Detailed oriented, listens, spends time thinking about the problem, great bedside manner.