Dr. James Mark MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 31st, 2016
The Best
Dr Mark gives you the unvarnished truth be it good, bad or ugly but he does so with great empathy for his patients. He found and fixed a major mistake made by another hospital group on my daughters knee from a dancing injury with amazing results. He has repaired both knees I sustained and will be repairing a shoulder injury soon. I wouldn't go to anyone else. He is simply the best.

October 2nd, 2011
Very Unprofessional
I have been experiencing pain around my elbow and forearm for four months. I have gone through multiple treatments and therapy for tennis elbbow and tricep tendonitis. Dr. Mark is not my normal ortho.(I have been seeing another doctor in the same practice) but got to experience his lack of kindness when i called on a saturday because I was begining to have a burning sensation near my elbow that traveled down to my fingers. I began to go over with him what had been going on to get him up to speed on the past couple of months. I no sooner started speaking before I got cut off and reminded that it was SATURDAY and there was nothing he could do and continued to tell me that it was a waste of time to go to the ER. I can only assume he was given some history by the receptionist. For him to tell me not to go to the ER would be fine if he knew why I was calling. I was only concerned that something else was going on. I have an appointment with my normal ortho on wednesday to go over the MRI to discuss if there is an option for surgey, you can bet I will be putting a formal complaint in. All I have to say is , IF YOU CANT HANDLE BEING CALLED ON A SATURDAY BY A PATIENT YOU ARE IN THE WRONG FIELD.

September 6th, 2011
Not Happy!
I was seen several times before and after a laproscopic knee surgery to correct damage from a car accident. After the surgery I developed a frozen knee and it was stuck almost fully extended for a month. I could not bend it. Dr. Mark told me I was a drama queen and did not think that I really had a problem! He sent me to physical therapy. In therapy they determined that I did in fact have a frozen knee and sent me back to Dr. Mark who put me back under to perform a manipulation and gave me a shot of cortisone. After several more months of therapy I was able to finally bend the knee. I also was subjected to many hours of waiting and at one appointment I had been waiting for over an hour when I realized that other patients were being called in to see Dr. Mark. I asked when I would be seen and they had "forgotten" to check me in. Furious with this office and Dr. Mark for the way I was treated. I would NEVER go back there. I am 24 years old and have permanent scarring in my knee that will probably never go away.