A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Markmann:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Markmann is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Markmann, MD, PHD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Gene Therapy
- Heart Transplantation
- Hepatitis C
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Failure
- Liver Transplantation
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Organ Transplantation
- Pancreas Transplantation
- Skin Transplantation (Dermatoplasty)
Education & Awards
Dr. Markmann graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Markmann has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Massachusetts General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Markmann accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 21 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James F. Markmann practice?
Dr. James Markmann practices Surgery near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA.
See Boston Surgeons.