A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Markmann:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Markmann is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Markmann, MD, PHD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Gene Therapy
- Heart Transplantation
- Hepatitis C
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Failure
- Liver Transplantation
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Organ Transplantation
- Pancreas Transplantation
- Skin Transplantation (Dermatoplasty)
Education & Awards
Dr. Markmann graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Markmann has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Hospital of the University of PA
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James F Markmann MD and PHD is a male Surgeon, has 21 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James F. Markmann practice?
- Dr. James Markmann has 4 office locations.
Dr. James Markmann practices Surgery near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA.
See Boston Surgeons.