Dr. James Maxey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

June 12th, 2015
I went to Dr. Maxey many years ago for back pain. I was only 24 at the time, now I am in my 30's. When he was asking me when my back felt best and I explained when I was lying flat he replied, "well Morgan we all feel better lying down." When my parents came into the room to discuss what he thought was the trouble my mother, being concerned, asked a question and he sighed and said that "I feel like I have just wasted my time". I couldn't believe it and I thought my father was going to hit him. He disregarded my back pain but did recommend an MRI. The results of that showed Degenerative Disc Disease and scoliosis. I went to physical therapy but not with him. I have interest in dealing with his unprofessionalism again.

March 19th, 2015
doctor was mean to me, telling me I was a bad doctor because the e r report said I had a rotator cuff injury and he didn't think I did. released without any restrictions and am having so much difficulty.

February 21st, 2015
surgery
dr maxey is one odd duck. if you can get past that he was very good to me after a significant injury. i am grateful for the excellent care i received

July 18th, 2013
Joe
Very little patient interaction. Never once asked my input on pain or comfort. Less than 2 minutes in room. "Putting a boot on you, come back in 4 weeks for x-rays. Good bye"