A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Maxwell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Maxwell, Neurological Surgeon, Thoracic Surgeon, Neurologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Maxwell, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Back Injuries
- Back Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Spinal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Maxwell graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Maxwell has 9 hospital affiliations:
- F F Thompson Hospital
- Highland Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Maxwell accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HealthNow New York - 5 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independent Health - 15 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 4 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James T. Maxwell practice?
Dr. James Maxwell practices Neurological Surgery near Rochester, NY.
See Rochester Neurological Surgeons.