Dr. James Maxwell MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 9th, 2017
Totally happy
Back surgery was successful and results have been long lasting

July 7th, 2016
Fantastic
I have been a patient of Dr. Maxwell's for years. He is one of those people in life that you feel better for having the privilege to know him. He and his staff have treated me with kindness and compassion over the years. I'm appalled by the comments on here. He is very conservative and he's not going to cut you open if you don't need it! And to those who really think he's arrogant, you obviously don't understand humor. He's one of the most humble people I've ever met.

April 30th, 2015
Cervical Laminoplasty
Excellent surgeon ..Had laminoplasty with good outcome. very satisfied

December 8th, 2014
Dr James Maxwell might have practiced medicine for 34 years. He might have all the degrees he needs. But in my opinion Dr Maxwell is not a dr I would recommend. I tried for three weeks to get a call back from Dr Maxwell. Some days I was calling three times. My husband even went there in person hoping to talk to him. Nothing, no call back. no response. We were trying to get results for my mother - in-law. She had an x-ray done of her whole body. She has been suffering going on a year now. My mother-in-law was getting frustrated. her pain was getting worse. Each time I called he wasn't in the office. I felt bad for the secretaries because of the amount of times I tried to get a call back. We didn't know what we should do. Finally I called and asked to make an apt to have my mother in law see the dr. I was put on hold longer than I thought since they knew I had been trying to get a hold of the Dr. The apt was made. The response the Dr gave when asked why he didn't return any of the phone calls was HE WAS BUSY. Really you are a professional. That is not the answer I thought we would get from some one that has been in this field. Uncalled for. The test was done on Nov 19.The apt at the office was Dec 5. Then he says well if it was something serious I would have called. So if someone is in a great deal of pain, or wants answers they don't get a call back because it isn't serious. My advise Dr Maxwell call your patients back in a timing fashion. They deserve it. They pay your bills

October 7th, 2012
Bad back surgery
He did a surgery on my back and boy was I in for a surprise of my life Before you get a surgery do your research this doctor don't even bather call me ever to see how my surgery went. Until this day and forever am going to take pain pills for the rest of my life do to the failure on his part

February 3rd, 2012
Dr. Maxwell has operated on my cervical spine 3 times and he is an awesome doctor. He is very honest and up front about my diagnosis and easy to talk to. He is a good listener and explains things very clearly. If I ever have to have another operation of my spine or head I would not hesitate to see him.

March 14th, 2011
Was monitoring my brain tumor with MRI at 3 month intervals, but neglected to read the MRI resulting in the growth of my tumor which led to surgery. It had grown so much that they weren't able to remove it all.

August 19th, 2009
i believe God guides his hands
I have been a patient of this fine man since doing major nerve damage to my neck. I have had two surgeries, and both worked out better than could possibly be hoped for. I thought I was going to be at least crippled for the rest of my life. If you can get this man to do what you need to have done, or would like a second opinion, I highly recommend him. You will be glad you did.

August 13th, 2009
review of Dr. Maxwell
Dr. Maxwell is very knowledgable and explains your condition, what is wrong or not wrong with you, and your options in a very matter-of-fact manner. I would recommend him to anyone having back problems. I left the office feeling informed (and relieved) about my condition.

May 16th, 2017