James Mccaughan MD Patient Reviews

2.8

• Good
  • Bad

October 22nd, 2015
His attitude was weird. He also had snuff in his mouth and I thought i smelled alcohol on his breath. I wouldn't trust him to do surgery on me or a family member.

September 7th, 2013
My husband visited Dr M. for pressure on the chest and dizziness when he raised his arms. Dr M told him not to raise his arms. The end... When I asked what can be done he said, "Well, we can run some test if you want." Really!!! I had to call 3 times to get the nurse to get the test pre-approved . It took 2 weeks. When we went to have the test run the radiologist told us they were the wrong tests. (Which was confirmed by the next Dr.) We immediately made an apt with a different Thoracic Surgeon who immediately referred us to a cardiologist. That week tests were run. A week later my husband had a QUADRUPLE BYPASS with all 4 90 - 95% blocked. "Be your own advocate."

August 29th, 2010
Dr Mccaughan is kind and very professional and he's gifted in his area of specialization. All his patients have direct access and can reach him at any time of the day which is very important to me. I don't ever want to have surgery again but if i need to, i'll definitely go back to him!

June 2nd, 2010
Dr. McCaughan's bedside manner seemed a bit flighty. He operated on a family member, the surgery was successful, but the follow-up was lacking.

April 24th, 2010
Registered Nurse
Dr mccaughn was recommended by a fellow Dr. He performed ct surgery on my husband and successfully diagnosed and removed a cancer from his lung. He was professional, kind and in the short time I was in his presence and spoke to him, I feel he is a very gifted and talented man on many levels. Thank God for his intuition, diagnosis and surgical expertise...Very impressive

October 27th, 2008
Bedside manner leaves a great deal to be desired
Dr. performed a procedure on our father and never came out to let us know how he was doing. Family sat for five hours (surgery only took one hour)without knowing what the result was. Later he said he had an emergency, but the hospital staff said there was plenty of time to talk to us in between the surgery and the so called emergency. Father needed another surgery the next day because the lead to the pacemaker detached.

July 7th, 2017