Dr. James McClurg MD Patient Reviews

December 27th, 2015
One of the best doctors in San Diego

June 13th, 2012
a very tentative patient
My first visit to the office - I was there over 3 hours. When I made my 2nd appointment, I told them I had to be out of there by a certain time and they promised I would be. However, I was there almost an hour without being seen. When I spoke to the office manager about it, he said "that's the way the doctor wants it." And when I emailed the doctor about the delays, his only answer was "your expectations are too high." He may be a good doctor but he has no respect for his patients' time.

April 17th, 2012
Dr. McClurg is a great man and a GREAT doctor!!
I'll make it short and sweet- Dr. McClurg won me over just minutes after walking in the room. He took his time, he heard me out, and I had a LOT to say. My pain was constant and draining me emotionally and when he asked me how it was affecting my life, the look on his face was one of TRUE caring and sympathy. He has seen countless patients worse than me, but he made me feel like I was the only patient on his list. I wont go in to detail, but he performed a small procedure on me and that instantly relieved 99% of the pain. I almost had tears in my eyes and I could see that he was JUST AS HAPPY about it- not because of him having another success, but because I was so over joyed. I consider myself extremely lucky to have found him and I suggest you go for yourself.Thank you Dr. McClurg!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 26th, 2009
A very pleased early patient of Dr James McClurg
Dr McClurg treated me for Hallux Rigidus around 1993 when he was in Escondido. The weight of a sheet would literally make me scream at night prior to surgery. I cannot begin to describe how painful this condition was.I now have a 3/8" shorter RH big toe. It is bone-to-bone as Dr McClurg removed the entire toe joint. I have full movement and have had no issues whatsoever, even on 10 mile hikes.The procedure was so successful that I walk without limping and have had no pain since the incision healed years ago.This is an outstanding Surgeon. I recommend him without reservation. You can trust him and I somehow felt like family after a few visits--and I still do over 15 years later! I cannot speak highly enough of Dr McClurg. He made a huge difference in my life.His name somehow popped up on an unrelated search a few minutes ago, soI did another search to find someplace to comment.I will never forget how kind and skillful this man is. He has my eternal gratitude and respect.Thank you, Doctor!

January 12th, 2016