A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James McDowell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James McDowell is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James McDowell, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. McDowell graduated from The University of Texas at San Antonio. He has 2 awards.
Dr. McDowell has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Centennial Medical Center Of Ashland Cit
- Baptist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James G McDowell MD is a male Surgeon, has 13 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James G. McDowell practice?
- Dr. James McDowell has 4 office locations.
Dr. James McDowell practices Surgery near Nashville, TN.
See Nashville Surgeons.