Dr. James Mcdowell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

September 4th, 2016
Amazing surgeon
Dr McDowell has such an air of confidence that it is impossible to become nervous about the surgery. His bedside manner and quick wit immediately put you at ease.

February 7th, 2016
daugher of patient
Mom went in for Gallbladder surgery ,never came home , it was horrible what she went though,! As for me i have no trust in Dr anymore.!I l learned if you are not happy with the Dr go see another one because it your life ...

May 12th, 2015
Amazing Surgeon
Dr. McDowell is an amazing surgeon. Great bedside manner and straightforward. Tells it like it is and doesn't candy-coat it, but makes you feel like you can accomplish anything you put you mind to. If I had to do my surgery over again I would only do it if he were my surgeon again.

January 24th, 2015
NEVER AGAIN!!
Beware!!!

April 21st, 2014
Don't use him
I was so happy after he fixed me after he messed up on my surgery, then a month later I realized a $2600 surgery was now costing me $9000 and a lot of pain. He sucks and I will tell anyone who asks. Aweful job!

December 13th, 2013
Gallbladder
I thought dr McDowell was a great doctor. Like with any surgery there are risks and if anything happens he is quick to help and do whatever he can to fix the situation. He has a great bed side manner and is very compassionate. Thanks dr mcdowell

October 13th, 2013
wierd
Just a wierd dude.

May 1st, 2011
Not the one to use!!!
After a year now and two botched hernia surgeries by James McDowell, I am facing a third by another surgeon, in addition the removal of a testical because it was damaged by Mcdowell. After the first, I explained to him just a few weeks afterwards that there were issues, his arrogance blew me off, then he was proven to be wrong, his work failed. I trusted him to conduct the second surgery. This was wrong to do and again, just a few weeks after the surgery, it failed again. He did not believe me, actually, he did not want to admit. He put me off for 6 months after the fact. He was only buying time to keep a malpractices suit from taking place. I can not even begin to tell you the number of issues that took place, but they all are real and documented. Please, do not use him.... do yourself a huge favor.. my life and quality of life has greatly diminished due to his lack of skills.I could write pages and detail every second of it.... If necessary.... Again, do not use him.....

April 25th, 2010
super surgeon,wonderful person
DR.MCDOWELL SAVED MY 26 YEAR OLD SONS LIFE,IN 2005.HE REPAIRED A BOTCHED HERNIA FOR ME IN 2009.HE IS OUTSTANDING,I OWE HIM BIG TIME AND WOULD NOT HESITATE TO USE HIM.I WILL BE FOREVER GREATFUL TO HIM FOR WHAT HE DID FOR US.

April 27th, 2009
Great Surgeon
Dr. McDowell fixed a botched hernia for me and did a fabulous job. I highly recommend him. Great bedside manner and humor. Great office staff.