Overall Review

3.1

December 18th, 2015
I have seen Dr mckenna for 2 years wait an hour to see him the 2 to 5 minute exam

March 28th, 2015
One of the worst doctor's ever
I was admitted to the hospital and unfortunately my regular MD was not available so I was stuck with seeing Dr. McKenna (although I am not sure he deserves the Doctor part). He stood in my room about 15-20 feet away from me. I was admitted for a possible stroke. He would not come anywhere near me. He stood in the doorway asking me if I still had pain. His medical student told McKenna to wait a minute and she examined me. I was having severe pain in my head to the point where I thought it was going to explode, he wanted to give me Motrin for pain. Meanwhile when I came through the Emergency Room I was given Morphine to help with the pain. I had to BEG McKenna for my regular medications that I normally take. He put up a fight. Then he took me off medications that I needed. I suffer from Migraines and he takes me off my migraine medications and the nausea medication for when I get the migraines. Not a smart man, but if you are smart you will stay FAR FAR AWAY from him....He is an arrogant moron.

March 27th, 2015
Took forever
Waited over 40 minutes to see this guy. His nurse wasn't even nice! Shop around people.

January 18th, 2015
Wonderful Doctor !!! Very caring and smart

August 9th, 2014
run away
horrible, blah, boring, spends no time, no eye contact, shows no concern, waited over a hour past my appointment, stay far far away from this jerk

July 18th, 2012
I have had Dr.McKenna as my family doctor for about 20 yrs. and I think he is a mighty fine doctor.He has helped my wife through a battle with lung cancer,myself through type 2 diabetes and my childrens aches and pains of growing up.I would not change my doctor for any other in this world. In my mind there is no finer doctor in NE penna.

July 18th, 2012
Very caring, has been with me thru a LONG journey
Dr. McKenna has been my doctor for a very long time. I have become very ill over the last few years, and I have been in a steady decline. He, along with my specialists, have worked to make me more comfortable. He has also written narratives for Social Security and made the proper diagnoses to help me with my disability case as I am no longer able to work. He always makes time to see me when a problem arises, and he always gets right back to me when I email or call him. I love Dr. McKenna!

July 7th, 2011
My family doctor for over 20 years
Dr. McKenna has been our family physician for over 20 years and during that time, he has seen us through the birth of our last child, diagnosis of juvenile diabetes in our middle child, diagnosis and treatment for my uterine cancer, my husband's type 2 diabetes and the death of our oldest child. Granted, it may be difficult to understand what he's saying at times since he has a tendency to mumble and one may mistake his serious, matter of fact nature for not caring, however I have never found him to be anything other than a highly professional, intelligent, sincerely caring person. It is my hope that I will be able to retain him as our primary health care provider for the rest of my life.

March 3rd, 2011
Dr. McKenna and his staff have been my doctor for many years, I find the entire staff very helpful with every problem we have ever had.

January 24th, 2010
Worst doctor ever
Dr. McKenna treated my father, a diabetic, with an IV solution of dextrose and antibiotics that may cause kidney failure. Sure enough, my fathers kidneys failed after 9 days under McKenna'a care. Thank God McKenna went on vacation and my fathers Nephrologist was able to save him. I would not recommend McKenna to my worst enemy.

December 7th, 2009
Dr. McKenna did not accurately diagnose my mother' fatal illness.
Dr. McKenna was medical director for the nursing home in which my mother was a resident as well as my mother's family doctor. He misdiagnosed and did not treat her dehydration, skin bed sores, and abdominal pain which turned out to be a perforating bowel that my mother died as a result of. And he was most jaded and gruff with me saying, "she's old, she wasn't going to live forever."

July 30th, 2009
Not one good thing to say
My family member was a terminally ill patient of the doctor. I have to say that, in those final days of life, we received the absolute worst bedside manner I have EVER experienced. My loved one was left to suffer, while countless calls to the office by the hospital staff were left unanswered. My loved one was in pain and in respiratory distress and needed medication (particularly morphine, which could not be administered without this doctor's consent), yet the receptionist couldn't possibly care less and this doctor was no where to be found (after hours of paging). And this was during regular office hours, not the middle of the night. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone, not even your worst enemy, much less someone that you care about. This was only one of countless incidents with this particular doctor.