Dr. James Mckenna III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Mckenna III?

ALWAYS AVAILABLE

Posted on October 4th, 2017

Dr. McKenna is always available to his patients with urgent cases and is very good with returning phone calls. When a patient has been very ill or has had surgery, he always calls to check on them. He is very thorough and makes time to answer your questions even though Geisinger only allows 15 minutes per appointment. This is probably why his wait time is so long.

Posted on December 18th, 2015

I have seen Dr mckenna for 2 years wait an hour to see him the 2 to 5 minute exam

One of the worst doctor's ever

Posted on March 28th, 2015

I was admitted to the hospital and unfortunately my regular MD was not available so I was stuck with seeing Dr. McKenna (although I am not sure he deserves the Doctor part). He stood in my room about 15-20 feet away from me. I was admitted for a possible stroke. He would not come anywhere near me. He stood in the doorway asking me if I still had pain. His medical student told McKenna to wait a minute and she examined me. I was having severe pain in my head to the point where I thought it was going to explode, he wanted to give me Motrin for pain. Meanwhile when I came through the Emergency Room I was given Morphine to help with the pain. I had to BEG McKenna for my regular medications that I normally take. He put up a fight. Then he took me off medications that I needed. I suffer from Migraines and he takes me off my migraine medications and the nausea medication for when I get the migraines. Not a smart man, but if you are smart you will stay FAR FAR AWAY from him....He is an arrogant moron.

Took forever

Posted on March 28th, 2015

Waited over 40 minutes to see this guy. His nurse wasn't even nice! Shop around people.

Posted on January 18th, 2015

Wonderful Doctor !!! Very caring and smart

run away

Posted on August 9th, 2014

horrible, blah, boring, spends no time, no eye contact, shows no concern, waited over a hour past my appointment, stay far far away from this jerk

Posted on July 18th, 2012

I have had Dr.McKenna as my family doctor for about 20 yrs. and I think he is a mighty fine doctor.He has helped my wife through a battle with lung cancer,myself through type 2 diabetes and my childrens aches and pains of growing up.I would not change my doctor for any other in this world. In my mind there is no finer doctor in NE penna.

Very caring, has been with me thru a LONG journey

Posted on July 18th, 2012

Dr. McKenna has been my doctor for a very long time. I have become very ill over the last few years, and I have been in a steady decline. He, along with my specialists, have worked to make me more comfortable. He has also written narratives for Social Security and made the proper diagnoses to help me with my disability case as I am no longer able to work. He always makes time to see me when a problem arises, and he always gets right back to me when I email or call him. I love Dr. McKenna!

My family doctor for over 20 years

Posted on July 7th, 2011

Dr. McKenna has been our family physician for over 20 years and during that time, he has seen us through the birth of our last child, diagnosis of juvenile diabetes in our middle child, diagnosis and treatment for my uterine cancer, my husband's type 2 diabetes and the death of our oldest child. Granted, it may be difficult to understand what he's saying at times since he has a tendency to mumble and one may mistake his serious, matter of fact nature for not caring, however I have never found him to be anything other than a highly professional, intelligent, sincerely caring person. It is my hope that I will be able to retain him as our primary health care provider for the rest of my life.

Posted on March 3rd, 2011

Dr. McKenna and his staff have been my doctor for many years, I find the entire staff very helpful with every problem we have ever had.

Worst doctor ever

Posted on January 25th, 2010

Dr. McKenna treated my father, a diabetic, with an IV solution of dextrose and antibiotics that may cause kidney failure. Sure enough, my fathers kidneys failed after 9 days under McKenna'a care. Thank God McKenna went on vacation and my fathers Nephrologist was able to save him. I would not recommend McKenna to my worst enemy.

Dr. McKenna did not accurately diagnose my mother' fatal illness.

Posted on December 7th, 2009

Dr. McKenna was medical director for the nursing home in which my mother was a resident as well as my mother's family doctor. He misdiagnosed and did not treat her dehydration, skin bed sores, and abdominal pain which turned out to be a perforating bowel that my mother died as a result of. And he was most jaded and gruff with me saying, "she's old, she wasn't going to live forever."