A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James McKiernan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James McKiernan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James McKiernan, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Germ Cell Cancer (Germ Cell and Embryonal Neoplasm)
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma)
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Neoplasm Invasiveness
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Testis Cancer (Testicular Neoplasm)
- Thyroid Gland Tumor (Oxyphilic Adenoma)
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Urinary Bladder Cancer (Transitional Cell Carcinoma)
- Urologic Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. McKiernan graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 8 awards.
Dr. McKiernan has 6 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / The Allen Pavilion
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. McKiernan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 14 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James M. McKiernan practice?
Dr. James McKiernan practices Urology near New York, NY.
See New York Urologists.