Dr. James Mckinnie MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 11th, 2017
Excellence
My better-half (patient) and I just recently met Dr. McKinnie and was impressed with the information received when we informed him of us taking a 6 1/2 hr trip. He was concerned of leg swelling due to sitting for along time. He quickly told us to take breaks often to exercise the legs by walking. The trip went well thanks to his concern and information. Highly recommended for irregular heart rythum which was back to normal on the trip.

February 8th, 2017
Couldn't ask for better.
I was one of Dr. McKinnie's early ablations back in the mid 80's. He was recommended to me by my cardiologist with whom I had entrusted with my care and who eventually took over from my primary care physician.Dr. McKinnie explained everything in detail to alieve my fears. Dr. McKinnie, then introduced me to his staff which made me feel even more comfortable. He was compassionate, answered all my questions, and made sure that I was being attended to during the night since I had to remain overnight, as was the practice at that time. Over the years I have recommended numerous friends and people who had come to ask me about the results of my procedure. None were disappointed. Dr. McKinnie was attentive and the follow up was most assuring.

November 6th, 2016
Terrible Heart Ablation
As a result of random high peaks of heart rates, a heart ablation was necessary. In and out of surgery was only 45 minutes. After surgery Doctor KcKinnie was in a rush speaking with us because he had 5 other surgeries that same day. He finally came back (only briefly) to discuss the medication changes that were totally changed in next doctor visit. His body language indicated he didn't even care. Later find out Doctor Mckinnie couldn't complete the operation (which cost me thousands of dollars). Later go to ANOTHER doctor do repeat the heart ablation (since McKinnie didn't even try) and the surgery took 7.5 hours. The OTHER doctor said Doctor Mckinnie should NEVER schedule other operations in the same day as an ablation. The OTHER Doctor successfully performed the operation bit Doctor McKinnie did NOT. The OTHER Doctor even noted the ablation should at LEAST take 2 to 4 hours AND NO LESS. Doctor was too worried about the other operations going on that day rather than concentrating on one major heart ablation!!!! NEVER GO TO DOCTOR KCKINNIE!!!!

July 31st, 2016
Excellent Doctor
Excellent and very busy doctor. Despite how busy he is you may have to wait the day of appointment but you don't wait weeks and months like other places.

January 27th, 2015
Excellent doctor
Dr. McKinnie was excellent, from the first visit till I was released, after a successful ablation. I even recommended him to my cousin's husband, who had been having horrible problems and he was treated successfully, also.

August 25th, 2014
BEWARE OF BILLING
Nice person but my visit was a billing NIGHTMARE!!!! I paid after my visit and randomly received bills for 2 YEARS!! You can call his office but the right hand never knows what the left hand is doing. I will never be seen by Dr. McKinnie again because of this.

November 6th, 2013
No pace maker!!
Five years ago Dr. McKinnie was referred to me because they thought I needed a pace maker. After assessing my AFIB Dr. McKinnie suggested I try medication first. It worked! He continues to monitor my meds. He also precribes I wear a heart monitor periodically and adjusts my meds as needed. Spends time answering my questions. Very likeable person. I have never had trouble with appointments. Never had long waits. The staff is very friendly and professional.

February 2nd, 2012
My husband was diagnosed with Afib by another physician. We were told that Dr. Mckinnie was the expert in that field. Dr. Mckinnie performed a cardioversion, with no complications. My husband had confidence in Dr. Mckinnie and we would recommend him to family and friends, should the need arise.

March 4th, 2010
you and your staff
so very unprofessional and treat you as a number. Stacy, I would hope you have a better attitude in your life than you do in your profession.

November 4th, 2008
This was mhy first visit with Dr. McKinnie and I was very pleased.

June 23rd, 2017