Rheumatologist
660 Cooper Rd
Ste 300
Westerville, OH 43081
614-389-3536
Locations and availability (2)

by JEFF R. on Jan 5th, 2014

I was having so much pain and stiffness I could hardly stand it. My Dr. made a referral to Dr.McNeilis and I had no idea how I was going to make it to the appointment. When they called to make my appointment, they informed me that an appointment just opened up as another new patient was just hospitalized and had to cancel. I later found out it is usually 3 months!! I believe it. Dr. knew what was wrong with me at my first visit and I started treament THAT day. I feel so much better I can hardly believe it.

|  Worth the Wait  |  show details
by Anna on Oct 29th, 2013

I did have to wait a couple months to get in to see Dr.McNeilis but it was worth the wait. I have had symptoms for several months now but my doctor couldn't figure out what was wrong. Dr.McNeilis knew what was wrong at the first visit and started treatment right away. I improved immediately and now we are working on additional treatment. I would highly recommend this Dr.

|  Awesome  |  show details
by Karen B. on Oct 9th, 2013

#1 They are respectful of my time. Dr. McNeilis is very serious and that can seem a bit standoffish, but only at first. He really wants to help and that's obvious. He really knows what he is doing and that's obvious.

|  I'm SO much better  |  show details
by Laura M. on Jul 15th, 2013

I've had symptoms for awhile but recently things got a lot worse. I went to see Dr.McNeilis. He knew I had an inflammatory arthritis after he examined me. He explained to me how we were going to start therapy but didn't want to go a whole lot further than that at this visit. I told him I had much more pain recently. He explained that the proper treatment will control the pain and that narcotic pain medication isn't even effective. You have to treat the underlying condition. Well, he was right. I guess that's why he is the Dr. I'm feeling so much better.

|  Easy.  |  show details
by Jeff P. on Jul 10th, 2013

I got referred to Dr. McNeilis, initially lucked out with someone elses cancellation. He was strict, seemed a little guarded from narcotics which is no problem with me, I would bet he has to deal with a lot of people wanting pain killers. Ive been back for 3 visits and have been following his instructions to the t. My arthritis has got much better, and the pain from it is mostly gone. All things considered I had a good experience.

by Kim R on Mar 20th, 2013

Dr.McNeilis takes CARE of his patients.

|  Worth the wait  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2013

I did have to wait several weeks to get in but it was worth the wait. Having to wait usually tells me the Dr. is in high demand because he is very good. I found that to be true.

|  Very Good DR.  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2012

I have had symptoms for a long time and as soon as I saw Dr.McNeilis he diagnosed me soon after and started treatment that I agreed to right away. He did have a talk with me that he expected me to be as committed to treatment as he was which included medication compliance and appointment compliance. I am fine with that and feeling great!

|  Great Rheumatology care  |  show details
by Ann N. on Sep 2nd, 2012

I LOVE this office. In addition to getting great care the office environment is special.

Jun 12th, 2012

AFTER SIX WEEK WAIT FOR APPOINTMENT,DISMISSED CURTLY AND WITH NO COMPASSION OR HELP AFTER 15 MINUTES. NOT RECOMMENDED

Apr 3rd, 2012

Although Dr. McNeilis can be blunt sometimes, I've never had an issue with his care. After seeing him for the fifth time last month my rheumatoid arthritis is finally under control. I had seen four other rheumatologists in columbus prior to Dr. McNeilis and none of them could get a handle on it.

Apr 2nd, 2012

If you want the proper diagnosis this is the Dr. to go to. I have been ill for a little more than a year and my Dr. and another Rheumatologist were not able to diagnose me. Now that I have been properly diagnosed and treated, I feel better than I have in a long time. I read some of the other comments and I can only say that it must be the people and not the Dr./office that have the problem. The Dr's office is awesome!

Mar 26th, 2012

Dr. McNeilis is kind, professional and really knows his stuff about arthritis. I enjoy spending time in his office for infusions as his staff is friendly, and efficient. Great Guy!

Jan 23rd, 2012

As a current patient and one who has been going to Dr. Mcneilis for years, I feel compelled to comment on the kind of service and medical attention I receive at his office. His staff is very friendly, and pretty darn efficient. They give the kind of personal service that a larger office doesnt have time to care about, and in a timely manner. My requests for records or notes are answered in the same day. My wait is always minimal, and I dont feel like a stranger. As far as the Dr. is concerned, he diagnosed my condition at my first visit, something my primary care Dr. has been trying to do for years. As a matter of fact, I have referred several family members as well. All of our experiences have been wonderful. Our common response has been "feel like a new person". The Dr. is very good at what he does and his staff is a representation of him.

Jul 21st, 2011

Very nice office staff. Excellent Dr. They are respectful of patient's time and I only have to wait a couple minutes.

Jun 26th, 2010

AWESOME DOCTOR. NO COMPLAINTS.

Apr 25th, 2010

Overall Great experience. Very insightful about everything concerning things that had to do with my condition as well as other aspects of medicine that may be affecting me.