A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James McSweeney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James McSweeney is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. McSweeney
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. McSweeney Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James McSweeney, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Wrist Injury
Education & Awards
Dr. McSweeney graduated from St. George's University, Bay Shore.
Dr. McSweeney has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James McSweeney MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 31 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James McSweeney practice?
- Dr. James McSweeney has 1 office location.
Dr. James McSweeney practices Orthopaedic Surgery near San Diego, CA.
See San Diego Surgeons.