A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Muldowney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Muldowney, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Muldowney graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia.
Dr. Muldowney has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Vanderbilt University Hospital
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Nashville
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Muldowney accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Bluegrass Family Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans