Dr. James Palmer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 24th, 2016
ENT
He is top notch on "everything" he does. He has awesome bedside manners. For me and my family, Dr. Palmer was a God send. Thanks Dr. Palmer! :0)

October 29th, 2015
I'd struggled with sinus infection and had surgery locally in bucks county. No improvement. Local ent recommend dr palmer at penn. Problem solved.

January 16th, 2015
Probably the best ENT physician / surgeon in the world. I an extremely pleased and grateful i was able to see Dr Palmer. The wait times are long, but it's only because he is in such high demand and he takes time with each patient.

August 23rd, 2014
Compassionate, Kind Doctor
Dr. Palmer is a great Otolaryngologist. I have been driving hours to see him for ten years. He is a truely gifted surgeon. I have had no problems since he did my surgery and gave me back my life. I was getting a sinus infection about every two months. I would finish the antibiotics and get sick almost as soon as the drugs were finished. He did the surgery and I have been infection free now for a very long time. I recommend him to all.

August 15th, 2013
Excellent
Dr. Palmer is very kind and he listens to my parents concerns and questions without making them feel stupid. He is relaxed and jovial, yet professional. My parents and I would recommend him to any of our friends and family.

April 8th, 2013
Look elseware
Dr. Palmer treated me for a sinus condition with office visits, medication and eventually surgery. If you want a doctor who respects your time, is compassionate, not full of himself, and has a good bedside manner - THEN DO NOT GO TO DR. PALMER. I had at least 8 office visits and I had to wait a minimum of an hour each time (one time almost 2 hours) before being seen. His visit with you is very brief and he doesn't make you feel comfortable asking questions. He comes off as a nice guy, but he's really only interested in getting done with you and moving on to the next patient. Dr. Palmer displayed a very conceded personality - he talks to his underlings about his personal life while he's examining you. The guy may be a good surgeon, but there's other very good Otorhinolarengologly surgeons in Phila. who treat patients with respect, give their full attention and actually show concern for your problem. And if you are heavy or large person, he told me before surgery that "It's the fat people who always complain" when they can't eat prior to the surgery. What kind of Doctor talks that way to a patient!

May 6th, 2012
I would highly recommend Dr. Palmer. After years of mis-diagnoses and in sufficient surgeries he got it right the first time. (Severe Nasal Polyps)

March 9th, 2012
I had a very unpleasing experience with Dr. Palmer. He saw me after a long wait, and wasn't very nice. Wouldn't recommend him.

January 13th, 2012
He saved my life, is worth every minute waiting for and deserves to be paid much more than athletes. Dr. Palmer had the courage to work on me when no one else would even consider. He is a real life hero.

November 22nd, 2011
I am very happy with the care I receive from Dr. Palmer and every last staff member in his office. I have recommended him to quite a few people over the past year. I wanted a second opinion and he was very gracious about my choice to do this and was very willing to work w/ the Doctor's at Johns' Hopkins to cooperatively treat my condition. One change that occurred in the office was there used to be a board that allowed patients to know what the wait time was, it was taken down and so several of us patients went up several times to find out how long the wait was.

January 21st, 2010
I highly reccommend him!
I saw Dr. Palmer about 2 years ago as an inpatient, after I was admitted to the hospital with a severe bilateral tonsilitis. Dr. Palmer was absolutely amazing to work with. He answered all of my questions in detail, had a great sense of humor, and was very upbeat and friendly. All of this in addition to his immense knowledge and experience in the field really makes a complete package. I ended up having a tonsillectomy.. and I honestly wouldnt have any other doc... i'm a nurse here, and I've seen all sides of many different docs.. he is truly a talented and dependable one!I would reccommend him to eceryone who is seeking out care from and ENT specialist, or someone who may need head and neck surgery.