A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Neifeld:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Neifeld is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Neifeld
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Neifeld Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Neifeld, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 23 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Hypopharyngeal Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Lung Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Retroperitoneal Cancer
- Skeletal Muscle Cancer (Rhabdomyosarcoma)
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Transplantation (Dermatoplasty)
- Smooth Muscle Cancer (Leiomyosarcoma)
- Soft Tissue Cancer
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Neifeld graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Neifeld has 7 hospital affiliations:
- VCU Health System
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Richmond
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James P Neifeld MD is a male Surgeon, has 40 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James P. Neifeld practice?
- Dr. James Neifeld has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Neifeld practices Surgery near Richmond, VA.
See Richmond Surgeons.