A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Nepola:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Nepola is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Nepola, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Ankle Injuries
- Bone Transplantation
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Femoral Fractures
- Fracture Fixation
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Ununited Fractures
Education & Awards
Dr. Nepola graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Nepola has 1 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinic
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nepola accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 6 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James V. Nepola practice?
Dr. James Nepola practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Iowa City, IA.
See Iowa City Surgeons.