Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dr. Netterville is Truly One-Of-A-Kind show details Dr. Netterville is Truly One-Of-A-Kind
by Lawrence J. Verley on May 7th, 2015

A great Doctor, person and now friend. Dr. Netterville performed a total Laryngectomy on me. I live in Knoxville, Tennessee and after a trip to my local ER, the Doctors in Knoxville said I needed to see Dr. Netterville in Nashville. He is the man "who wrote the book" on Laryngectomies and should be the only Doctor I consult. He saw me right away and thoroughly informed me of what needed to be done and the process involved. He and his staff were/are remarkable. His bedside manner is one-of a-kind. He is extremely competent, caring and fully deserving of all the praise bestowed on him. Here in Knoxville, I have encountered many who have forsaken local Doctors for his services. I now know why. I am 66 years old, have encountered many Doctors, including US Army Surgeons and VA specialists and I can state with no hesitation that Dr. Netterville is by far the BEST Doctor I have ever met. The Medical profession is fortunate to have such a man among their ranks.

Apr 24th, 2015

What a caring physician Dr. Netterville is. Also he has such a great staff. He spends as much time with you as needed and you feel you are the only patient he has.

by RDB,RN,BS on Mar 2nd, 2015

Great bedside manner, excellent surgeon. respectful/ caring. goes above and beyond. Thank you. RDB,RN,BS

Jan 14th, 2015

great doctor!!! very long wait time to see doctor on some occasions; 2-3 hours on some appointments

Ms show details Ms
by Sue Olinger on Dec 21st, 2014

Dr. Netterville is an angel in my eyes. He performed surgery on my 84 year old Mother and removed a tumor from her thyroid that had been growing for over 50 years and had not been "noticed" by all the specialists that she had seen over the years. It was closing off her trachea and she could barely breathe. Numerous CT scans, chest x-rays, and MRIs had been performed. By Gods grace we were sent to Dr. Netterville and he removed the tumor. My Mom can breathe again and is home recovering. What a wonderful Christmas gift he has given our family. I have NEVER experienced such care and compassion from a Dr. and his complete staff. They made my Mother feel like she was their main concern and took time to explain what was going to happen. I cannot explain what this Dr. and his team mean to our family. I trusted him with my Mother's life and cannot say enough about his compassion and his skill. He has a great gift and it shows with everyone who meets him. A wonderful man and surgeon!

LOVE THIS DOCTOR show details LOVE THIS DOCTOR
Sep 15th, 2014

Dr. Netterville is the most competent, compassionate doctor I have ever met. He removed a very difficult tumor from my parotid gland. He staff, residents and especially Dr. Kelly Groom (doing her fellowship) took excellent care of me. I traveled from Atlanta to see him and would recommend him to any and everyone! The wait time to see him is long but well worth it. He spends as much time with each of his patients as needed.

Patient show details Patient
by Mary Jo gannon on Jan 20th, 2014

Dr Netterville is a wonderful doctor, he is very genuinely compassionate to his patients. Dr Netterville was my throat surgeon and I feel VERY BLESSED that I was referred to him by THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH in Bethesda, Maryland. He loves what he does and it shows dramatically to his patients- I traveled from Mesa, Az. for this procedure and later flew out for yearly follow ups for several years. Dr. Netterville and his staff are awesome, caring people and I would personally recommend him for any procedure he could help you with. I am looking forward to return soon for another follow up check up- hoping the information Dr Netterville gets from my visits will help someone else in their time of need. You couldn't be in better hands if you chose Dr. Netterville ... Thankful to Dr Netterville (5 star) Mary Jo Gannon arizangels@yahoo.com

Review of a wonderful surgeon show details Review of a wonderful surgeon
by Edith B. Mullen on Oct 10th, 2013

Dr. Netterville removed a tumor from my paratoid gland on October 8, 2013. It was about a 3.5 hour surgery and it turned out just as he said it would. I had heard and read so many good things about him. They were all true! He is kind, humble and a wonderful surgeon. Another patient made a comment to me while in the waiitng room a couple of months ago that he was an "Angel". There was never a truer statement. I feel so blessed that God lead me to him!

Dr Netterville saved my life show details Dr Netterville saved my life
Oct 12th, 2012

Dr Netterville removed a tumor from the base of my skull 13 years ago. He meticulously removed the tumor that was wrapped around a bunch of cranial nerves as to save as many nerves as he could. I can't say enough good things about this man as he saved my life and took the time (10 hour surgery) to remove the tumor with precision so I could have the best quality of life. If you considering him as your ENT, look no further.

Sep 17th, 2012

I am truly impressed with Dr. Netterville's skill as well as his interest in me. He is informative and goes out of his way to put his patient at ease - really wonderful.

Excellent Surgeon & Compassionate Man show details Excellent Surgeon & Compassionate Man
Mar 21st, 2012

In 2006 had vocal cord surgery performed by Dr. Netterville. I was totally comfortable from our first meeting. I knew immediately that I had come to the right place, and I was in the right hands of the surgeon who could make my voice better. I praise God for guiding me to him!

Shirley Canady show details Shirley Canady
Mar 10th, 2012

Dr. Netterville performed my surgery on April 12th 2004. He actually closed his clinic that Monday to perform the surgery. No Doctor in Knoxville had even heard of my case but Dr. Netterville worked with my insurance & did so. He has the BEST beside manner ever. I have been going back to see him for follow-up appts ever since & still he is so kind & such a humble man. When my husband thank him for bringing me thru the surgery the way he did Dr. Nettervile replied "God works thru my hands"I was blessed to find this man back in 2004 n I still feeled blessed to have him as a friend too. Vanderbilt is a great hospital & he is an asset to this place. I have become a "regular" with this hospital & actually part of the "family " now & a "famliy" to be proud of.

The Most Amazing Doctor Ever! show details The Most Amazing Doctor Ever!
Nov 6th, 2011

The reason the wait time was so long is that Dr. Netterville takes a lot of time with a patient. I would have waited twice as long. The man is the most caring and knowledgeable doctor I have ever met in my life. His bedside manner is superior, he is the most humble man I have ever met, considering his amazing achievements. Had total thyroidectomy and was never afraid. He answered every question patiently. The man is a credit to his profession!

Osteosarcoma show details Osteosarcoma
Apr 16th, 2011

Dr. Netterville removed a tumor(along with her right cheek bone) from my 12 year old daughters right cheek bone in 2009. I was afraid that she was going to having scars on her face and that she would look abnormal after the surgery. He did an excellent job!!!!! When you look at her you can't tell that she ever had surgery. This is Ashya thank u very much u are one of the greatest surgeon and also u did a great job on my face.

This Man Changed my Life. show details This Man Changed my Life.
by -Robert Gordon on Dec 24th, 2010

So i had a vocal coed problem. I was always whispering. Just two days ago Dr. Netterville moved one vocal cord over. A risky procedue, however this professional knew exactly what he was doing. I now have a louder speaking voice all thanks to Dr. Netterville and his wonderful staff.

amazing doctor and wonderfully caring human being show details amazing doctor and wonderfully caring human being
Nov 23rd, 2010

in 1998 dr. netterville excised a granuloma that was close to totally closing my airway. he reconstructed my airway saving both my life and my voice. he's a brilliant physician and a truly compassionate person. vanderbilt is fortunate to have him at the hospital.

Very pleased former patient show details Very pleased former patient
by Leigh R. Hanratty on Oct 24th, 2009

Dr. Netterville, in my opinion, is the best. He exceeds in professionalism and caring. He cared for me in 1997 when I was 18 years old. He performed surgery to remove a tumor from my mouth and sinuses. He is wonderful. I never minded the 4 hour drive to see him. I would recommend him to anyone!

Greatest Dr. there is!!! show details Greatest Dr. there is!!!
Aug 14th, 2009

Dr. Netterville removed a tumor from my carotoid artery 3 years ago. My sister has the same type of tumors in her neck as I did plus a problem with her thyroid, and I took her recently for her first visit to him. He was the best doctor I had ever seen but when I took my sister to him, I was even more impressed... if that was possible. She is petrified of doctors and he made her very comfortable. He told her that he is going to make her better and I know that he is. I could see it in his eyes. The way in which he handled my sister was even more important than how he treated me as his patient. I only wish every doctor was like him!!!