Dr. James Netterville MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 24th, 2016
He did an excellent job removing a benign schwannoma from a nerve sheath in my neck. He cut behind my ear so there is no visible scar and enucleated the tumor from the nerve resulting in minimal damage-- practically none. I would recommend him to others with the same rare condition. Other doctors would of just cut the tumor out sacrificing the nerve and I would of lost function of the nerve. His techniques enabled me to have a much better outcome.

July 5th, 2016
Visited Dr. Netterville for swollen thyroid which was present for 20+ yrs. affecting breathing. He discovered cancerous nodule and completed total thyroidectomy. The procedure was completely explained, as well as post-surgery care. His bedside manner and concern for patient are second to none. My energy level is over the charts. Highly recommend Dr. Netterville. He saved my life!

September 25th, 2015
He saved my life, what more can be said.

May 7th, 2015
Dr. Netterville is Truly One-Of-A-Kind
A great Doctor, person and now friend. Dr. Netterville performed a total Laryngectomy on me. I live in Knoxville, Tennessee and after a trip to my local ER, the Doctors in Knoxville said I needed to see Dr. Netterville in Nashville. He is the man "who wrote the book" on Laryngectomies and should be the only Doctor I consult. He saw me right away and thoroughly informed me of what needed to be done and the process involved. He and his staff were/are remarkable. His bedside manner is one-of a-kind. He is extremely competent, caring and fully deserving of all the praise bestowed on him. Here in Knoxville, I have encountered many who have forsaken local Doctors for his services. I now know why. I am 66 years old, have encountered many Doctors, including US Army Surgeons and VA specialists and I can state with no hesitation that Dr. Netterville is by far the BEST Doctor I have ever met. The Medical profession is fortunate to have such a man among their ranks.

April 24th, 2015
What a caring physician Dr. Netterville is. Also he has such a great staff. He spends as much time with you as needed and you feel you are the only patient he has.

January 14th, 2015
great doctor!!! very long wait time to see doctor on some occasions; 2-3 hours on some appointments

December 21st, 2014
Ms
Dr. Netterville is an angel in my eyes. He performed surgery on my 84 year old Mother and removed a tumor from her thyroid that had been growing for over 50 years and had not been "noticed" by all the specialists that she had seen over the years. It was closing off her trachea and she could barely breathe. Numerous CT scans, chest x-rays, and MRIs had been performed. By Gods grace we were sent to Dr. Netterville and he removed the tumor. My Mom can breathe again and is home recovering. What a wonderful Christmas gift he has given our family. I have NEVER experienced such care and compassion from a Dr. and his complete staff. They made my Mother feel like she was their main concern and took time to explain what was going to happen. I cannot explain what this Dr. and his team mean to our family. I trusted him with my Mother's life and cannot say enough about his compassion and his skill. He has a great gift and it shows with everyone who meets him. A wonderful man and surgeon!

September 15th, 2014
LOVE THIS DOCTOR
Dr. Netterville is the most competent, compassionate doctor I have ever met. He removed a very difficult tumor from my parotid gland. He staff, residents and especially Dr. Kelly Groom (doing her fellowship) took excellent care of me. I traveled from Atlanta to see him and would recommend him to any and everyone! The wait time to see him is long but well worth it. He spends as much time with each of his patients as needed.

October 12th, 2012
Dr Netterville saved my life
Dr Netterville removed a tumor from the base of my skull 13 years ago. He meticulously removed the tumor that was wrapped around a bunch of cranial nerves as to save as many nerves as he could. I can't say enough good things about this man as he saved my life and took the time (10 hour surgery) to remove the tumor with precision so I could have the best quality of life. If you considering him as your ENT, look no further.

September 17th, 2012
I am truly impressed with Dr. Netterville's skill as well as his interest in me. He is informative and goes out of his way to put his patient at ease - really wonderful.

March 21st, 2012
Excellent Surgeon & Compassionate Man
In 2006 had vocal cord surgery performed by Dr. Netterville. I was totally comfortable from our first meeting. I knew immediately that I had come to the right place, and I was in the right hands of the surgeon who could make my voice better. I praise God for guiding me to him!

November 6th, 2011
The Most Amazing Doctor Ever!
The reason the wait time was so long is that Dr. Netterville takes a lot of time with a patient. I would have waited twice as long. The man is the most caring and knowledgeable doctor I have ever met in my life. His bedside manner is superior, he is the most humble man I have ever met, considering his amazing achievements. Had total thyroidectomy and was never afraid. He answered every question patiently. The man is a credit to his profession!