Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  LOVE THIS DOCTOR  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2014

Dr. Netterville is the most competent, compassionate doctor I have ever met. He removed a very difficult tumor from my parotid gland. He staff, residents and especially Dr. Kelly Groom (doing her fellowship) took excellent care of me. I traveled from Atlanta to see him and would recommend him to any and everyone! The wait time to see him is long but well worth it. He spends as much time with each of his patients as needed.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Mary Jo gannon on Jan 20th, 2014

Dr Netterville is a wonderful doctor, he is very genuinely compassionate to his patients. Dr Netterville was my throat surgeon and I feel VERY BLESSED that I was referred to him by THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH in Bethesda, Maryland. He loves what he does and it shows dramatically to his patients- I traveled from Mesa, Az. for this procedure and later flew out for yearly follow ups for several years. Dr. Netterville and his staff are awesome, caring people and I would personally recommend him for any procedure he could help you with. I am looking forward to return soon for another follow up check up- hoping the information Dr Netterville gets from my visits will help someone else in their time of need. You couldn't be in better hands if you chose Dr. Netterville ... Thankful to Dr Netterville (5 star) Mary Jo Gannon arizangels@yahoo.com

|  Review of a wonderful surgeon  |  show details
by Edith B. Mullen on Oct 10th, 2013

Dr. Netterville removed a tumor from my paratoid gland on October 8, 2013. It was about a 3.5 hour surgery and it turned out just as he said it would. I had heard and read so many good things about him. They were all true! He is kind, humble and a wonderful surgeon. Another patient made a comment to me while in the waiitng room a couple of months ago that he was an "Angel". There was never a truer statement. I feel so blessed that God lead me to him!

|  Dr Netterville saved my life  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2012

Dr Netterville removed a tumor from the base of my skull 13 years ago. He meticulously removed the tumor that was wrapped around a bunch of cranial nerves as to save as many nerves as he could. I can't say enough good things about this man as he saved my life and took the time (10 hour surgery) to remove the tumor with precision so I could have the best quality of life. If you considering him as your ENT, look no further.

|  show details
Sep 17th, 2012

I am truly impressed with Dr. Netterville's skill as well as his interest in me. He is informative and goes out of his way to put his patient at ease - really wonderful.

|  Excellent Surgeon & Compassionate Man  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2012

In 2006 had vocal cord surgery performed by Dr. Netterville. I was totally comfortable from our first meeting. I knew immediately that I had come to the right place, and I was in the right hands of the surgeon who could make my voice better. I praise God for guiding me to him!

|  Shirley Canady  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2012

Dr. Netterville performed my surgery on April 12th 2004. He actually closed his clinic that Monday to perform the surgery. No Doctor in Knoxville had even heard of my case but Dr. Netterville worked with my insurance & did so. He has the BEST beside manner ever. I have been going back to see him for follow-up appts ever since & still he is so kind & such a humble man. When my husband thank him for bringing me thru the surgery the way he did Dr. Nettervile replied "God works thru my hands"I was blessed to find this man back in 2004 n I still feeled blessed to have him as a friend too. Vanderbilt is a great hospital & he is an asset to this place. I have become a "regular" with this hospital & actually part of the "family " now & a "famliy" to be proud of.

|  The Most Amazing Doctor Ever!  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2011

The reason the wait time was so long is that Dr. Netterville takes a lot of time with a patient. I would have waited twice as long. The man is the most caring and knowledgeable doctor I have ever met in my life. His bedside manner is superior, he is the most humble man I have ever met, considering his amazing achievements. Had total thyroidectomy and was never afraid. He answered every question patiently. The man is a credit to his profession!

|  Osteosarcoma  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2011

Dr. Netterville removed a tumor(along with her right cheek bone) from my 12 year old daughters right cheek bone in 2009. I was afraid that she was going to having scars on her face and that she would look abnormal after the surgery. He did an excellent job!!!!! When you look at her you can't tell that she ever had surgery. This is Ashya thank u very much u are one of the greatest surgeon and also u did a great job on my face.

|  This Man Changed my Life.  |  show details
by -Robert Gordon on Dec 24th, 2010

So i had a vocal coed problem. I was always whispering. Just two days ago Dr. Netterville moved one vocal cord over. A risky procedue, however this professional knew exactly what he was doing. I now have a louder speaking voice all thanks to Dr. Netterville and his wonderful staff.

|  amazing doctor and wonderfully caring human being  |  show details
Nov 23rd, 2010

in 1998 dr. netterville excised a granuloma that was close to totally closing my airway. he reconstructed my airway saving both my life and my voice. he's a brilliant physician and a truly compassionate person. vanderbilt is fortunate to have him at the hospital.

|  Very pleased former patient  |  show details
by Leigh R. Hanratty on Oct 24th, 2009

Dr. Netterville, in my opinion, is the best. He exceeds in professionalism and caring. He cared for me in 1997 when I was 18 years old. He performed surgery to remove a tumor from my mouth and sinuses. He is wonderful. I never minded the 4 hour drive to see him. I would recommend him to anyone!

|  Greatest Dr. there is!!!  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2009

Dr. Netterville removed a tumor from my carotoid artery 3 years ago. My sister has the same type of tumors in her neck as I did plus a problem with her thyroid, and I took her recently for her first visit to him. He was the best doctor I had ever seen but when I took my sister to him, I was even more impressed... if that was possible. She is petrified of doctors and he made her very comfortable. He told her that he is going to make her better and I know that he is. I could see it in his eyes. The way in which he handled my sister was even more important than how he treated me as his patient. I only wish every doctor was like him!!!