Dr. James Neuenschwander MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 5 reviews

April 26th, 2016
I appreciated the Doc's thoroughness and how he explained everything. i wish he lived in Florida...we moved away

June 7th, 2012
I only seen Dr. Neu one time, but I honestly thouught he was very thorough and new his stuff,however, I'm sure he gave me an option to see him for my follow up visits. Instead he referred me to the Nurse Practitioner (NP) that works in collaberation with him. Wich is fine with me because I happen to love NP's because they are usually very thorough as well and are very concerned with the overall well being of their patients. I haven't seen the NP yet so I dont know for sure what type of care she will provide, but I heard great things. Tne only thing negative I experienced, and the reason I can not give him/his office a 4 star rate is due to the fact that I was not provided correct information about what I would be charged for my visit when I maid my appointment, and I had to pay wa-a-a-a-y more than I expected, so make sure you know what you will be required to pay before you go so you will not get a big cha cheng $$$ suprise at the end of your visit. Make sure you ask about the cost of lab work which is very expensive for most of us, but in my opinion may be very well worth it. I think you should give him a try and then decide for yourself. I have recommended his services to friends and family members, and was very impressed with with his level of medical knowledge. Hope this help someone.

September 15th, 2011
Horrible doctor!
We did not see Dr. Neuenschwander at his office but at Gratiot Medical Center in Alma. We had taken our daughter in for emergency services and was never told a diagnosis, he was VERY uncaring towards our daughter (and now she freaks out whenever a male doctor comes near her), and actually told us and I quote "I do not have any "magical" medicine to give you to make her better". How rude, and then he also told us that he did not understand what we were concerned about. The reason we brought our daughter in is because she would stop breathing while she was sleeping. He was the worst doctor I have ever dealt with. Not to mention that he put the wrong type of diagnosis codes down on our file and now the insurance company will not cover the services he rendered. Oh well, I guess he doesn't get paid then.

October 18th, 2010
I went to this doctor for several y ears. Looking back, in the beginning he was a better doctor. Now, he's very hands off even though he will spend time with you. And it took too long for a diagnosis of a recent health problem. I'm not sure if there was a real plan for dealing with it either. And his lack of response during an emergency situation that resulted was extremely stressful.

July 26th, 2010
Dr. Neu's staff is rude and if you need his staff to ask Dr. Neu a question good luck with getting an answer. He really doesnt care about his patients. Its all about the money. I had an appointment with him and I called ahead stating I was going to be late because my Father was gravely ill. When I arrived ( 12 minutes late) his staff member told me Dr. Neu couldnt see me, but its ok for him to be late. In addition, I have been going to him since I was 8 years old. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.