Dr. James Nguyen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

December 16th, 2015
Staggeringly bad
I went to AdvantageCare flatiron after seeing another doctor for years because my employer health plan changed. What I encountered at AdvantageCare Flatiron was a beautifully decorated office and staggeringly, stupidly bad care. Dr. James Nguyen never did anything to address a single issue I brought to his attention for the year and a half that I was his patient. He either dismissed my concerns or told me he would have to refer to problem to another doctor. My health problems, bladder spasms and carpal tunnel, are completely normal for someone my age, and there are a range of treatments for both. All this practice did was refer and refer and refer. They wasted my time and did NOTHING to help me. James Nguyen and the entire AdvantageCare Flatiron Practice are a bunch of incompetents. Stay away.

February 6th, 2013
Confused
Dr. James Nguyen lacks attentiveness. Last year, I went to him to obtain health forms for school and he never sent them. This year I call for an RX refill and he sends them to the wrong pharmacy. Also, he once schedules a 2week follow-up for one of my prescriptions, and when I came for the follow-up it was pretty much: "So no problem? Ok you're good, bye." How much money did my insurance paid you on top of my 30$ copay for you to tell me that? Disappointing :(

May 8th, 2012
Poor Care
This doctor is more concerned with seeing 25 patients per day (the minimum MPG ask of each doctor) than treating you with proper care and accuracy. He can have a bad attitude when you request referrals for specialist.

January 30th, 2012
NOT THE DOCTOR you want to see
Ironic but he pulled the same exact thing on me: "Saw the doctor for a minor injury. As soon as he walked in, he recited the office hours even before introducing himself as if he was making a sales pitch. He spent 2 minutes looking at me and then billed for a full physical. TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!"I went in for a new pt appointment and physical. AS HE ENTERED THE ROOM, HE STARTED BY RECITING THE OFFICE HOURS AND EXPLAIN HOW MUCH HE LOVES THIS PRACTICE. wow. very poor quality.

September 22nd, 2011
He barely looked at me
this guy is hardly a doctor. I went for a physical and he barely even looked at me . Wont be going back....

May 16th, 2011
If you want to be a # and a hassle then see him
I have worked with doctors for 20 years and he is the 2nd worst I have ever known.Doctors like this are the reason we are #37th in the world in healthcare.I asked him to be my PCP and he never once asked me about my family history, my personal history, my lifestyle, or my day to day routine.

February 11th, 2011
I hate going to the doctor and Dr. Nguyen made the entire thing actually pleasant (which is a hard thing to do when you have the flu) and easy. The office is very nice - almost spa-like, his assistants were actually hilarious and so friendly and Dr. Nguyen was straight to the point and thought about my state, offering to find me the closest pharmacy so I didn't have to travel. Very much appreciated.

December 15th, 2010
Never seeing him again

July 26th, 2009
Horrific experience time in and time out
Truly one of the worst MD's I have ever the displeasure of encountering. Provides no useful medical advice, doesn't listen and project absolutely shoddy bedside manner during the visit. I was so happy the day I changed my PCP.