A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Nicholson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Nicholson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nicholson
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Nicholson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Nicholson, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Nicholson graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Nicholson has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- Gurwin Jewish Geriatric Ctr.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Lee Nicholson MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 13 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. James L. Nicholson practice?
- Dr. James Nicholson has 1 office location.
Dr. James Nicholson practices Orthopaedic Surgery near East Setauket, NY.
See East Setauket Orthopedic Surgeons.