Dr. James Nicholson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

October 27th, 2016
I was so blessed to find Dr. Nicholson
When I came to see Dr. Nicholson, my hip had already broken. I was walking and working full time on a broken hip. He had x-rays taken and saw that this hip had to be totally replaced as soon as possible. I was scheduled for surgery in the very near future. I remember him saying to me "I will get you totally back to you if you do exactly what I tell you to do". That stuck w/me. I did everything Dr. Nicholson told me to do. I went to see him yesterday for my post surgery appointment and I am walking without a cane and returning to work full time; one month after my surgery. God Bless this amazing person. He has changed my life. I never thought I would be able to walk regular or on my own again. He turned my world and life around. We are both so happy with the results of my hip replacement. I did exactly what I was suppose to do; had home PT until today; wonderful experience and incredibly helpful and supportive...superb asset to the healing process; did all my exercises and all the things I should and should not do during the healing process...Dr. Nicholson is wonderful. He is so down to earth...not a BS artist and truly cares about me as a patient and person and listens to everything I have to say and I wanted to listen to everything he had to say. He's an angel...I have issues with my left hip as well and will have to have it replaced probably within the next year or two. Gosh, I can not imagine going to anyone else to care for me than Dr. Nicholson. He has changed my life. I think he truly sees and knows this by what my hip was like during the first visit and when he went in to do the surgery. I so needed a "superman" to take care of this terrible situation. Thank you Dr. Nicholson. I never thought I would be "me" again; walking and doing things the way I always was able to. I feel like I'm dreaming; for I have not been able to do things or feel the way I am now in so long. I just can't say enough about how wonderful I think you are. I am blessed that you chose this profession...I will tell anyone who is in the situation I was in to not hesitate in your hands. Such a blessing. Thank you, thank you...And I adore that you, yourself, are so thrilled when I came in so beyond excited and happy...I guess I'm rambling on now...trying to explain to anyone reading this that I find you a hero in changing my quality of life and am trying to articulate that...I hope, in some way, I was able to state that fact comprehensively...Have a beautiful evening and again, God Bless You and I Thank You so very, very much.

January 12th, 2016
Best orthopedic Doctor I ever dealt with. I had 3 hip revisions and last 2 were fractured. He fixed it. I thing God is using his hands to do miracles.

September 29th, 2015
I came to meet Dr. Nicholson after he had taken care of my nephew and also sister is a clerk at Stonybrook, when she saw how I was limping after seeing several doctors she suggested I go see Dr. Nicholson, the courteous staff and bedside manner of the Dr. put my mind at ease and thanks to him I am now on my way to being back to 100%, I have and will continue to recommend family and friends to him. May he continue to be blessed.

September 23rd, 2014
Wonderful Surgeon
Dr. Nicholson did a revision on my left knee. He did a wonderful job by correcting the knee replacement damage caused by another surgeon. He is #1 surgeon and I would recommend him very highly.

June 26th, 2013
Hospital Administration
Who says you have to inconvenience yourself by traveling to the Hospital for Special Surgery for a top notch Orthopedist who specializes in joint replacement and Hip revision. You Don't! Dr. Nicholson is head of the joint replacement department at Stony Brook and is surely one of only a few skilled orthopedic surgeons on Long Island who is up to the task of taking on those extremely difficult and complicated cases. I already had a total hip arthroplasty performed at HSS. It was never done correctly and after 10 years of suffering, fate bought me to Dr. Nicholson, a terrific hip surgeon who performed a complex revision to my hip and pelvis. If you are looking for a diamond in the roughin terms of a great hip surgeon, I strongly suggest you iconsider Dr. Nicholson.

August 7th, 2012
thank you!
When I met with Dr. Nicholson he was just so down to earth and friendly. I have been dealing with my hip pain for my entire life. I came to him when my own ortho was unable to assist me anymore. He was able to explain it all to me and get me ready for a total hip replacement. The surgery went well and recovery was just as easy. I would highly recommend Dr. Nicholson so everyone and anyone who needs him!

February 20th, 2011
i am so happy that i found dr nicholson..i had him do my surgery about a week and a half ago and i couldn't be happier....He is a true professional