A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Nickerson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Nickerson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Education & Awards
Dr. Nickerson graduated from Louisiana State University at Shreveport.
Dr. Nickerson has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital
- Cheshire Medical Center,The
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nickerson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Cigna - 31 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Anthem - 13 plans