Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Jennifer on Aug 12th, 2016

My experience at the Norman Parathyroid Center was outstanding! Dr. Norman removed my diseased parathyroid gland competently through minimally invasive surgery. My body began recovering from hyperparathyroidism immediately. Even if you live far from Tampa as I do, it is definitely worth a trip there to get your health back!

Parathyroid Guru show details Parathyroid Guru
by Trayt, Mission Viejo, CA on Aug 10th, 2016

Dr. Norman and his exemplary team at Norman Parathyroid Center are without peer. For more than three years my calcium readings had been higher than 10, but just above the "acceptable range." My vitamin D was at the low end of the acceptable range, but would not improve. Based on my research, I felt I had hyperparathyroidism but my local doctors disagreed. Instead, they felt that my readings were just barely out of the normal range and could not be the cause of my symptoms. I deferred to those doctors until mid 2016. By then my health had further deteriorated. After a battery of tests my medical professionals had no answers and no solutions. When I restarted my research into high calcium and low vitamin D, I found the Calcium Pro app on Parathyoid.com. The app confirmed and substantiated that my high calcium readings and resultant symptoms were caused by hyperparathyroidism, which could be cured only by surgery. I immediately contacted Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa, Florida and arranged for the complex, but quick, parathyroid surgery. Within 3 1⁄2 hours of its start on August 2, 2016, my surgery was complete, I was through recovery and I was released. Immediately after surgery, the severe pain in my feet and legs was gone. I understand that it will take several weeks for my body to properly function with the normal calcium levels. The decision to fly 3,000 miles to enable Norman Parathyroid Center to resolve my health issues was a home run. After my extensive research there was not even a close runner-up to perform my parathyroid surgery. The reality of my experience at Norman Parathyroid Center was at least as good as the promises implied. Thank you Norman Parathyroid Center for your expertise, your care, your professionalism, your Calcium Pro app and, last not least, your amazingly informative web site at Parathyoid.com.

by Lisa on Jun 1st, 2016

Dr. Norman and his staff are extremely professional, knowledgeable and friendly. He found my parathyroid after I had already had a 4 1/2 hr surgery by another surgeon. He did a 14 minute surgery, got out the bad parathyroid and cured me! My family and I will be forever grateful for his expertise and knowledge! Thank you Dr. Norman and staff!

Wonderful experience! show details Wonderful experience!
Apr 27th, 2016

I am also from the Memphis area and had my surgery 4/5/16. My highest Ca was 10.7. I couldn't have asked for better care. Everyone was so nice and made me feel like I was the only patient. I'm a retired RN and I knew this was the only place to go. Each day I feel better. Looking forward to the rest of my life!

Great expereince show details Great expereince
by Diane on Apr 20th, 2016

I had a wonderful experience with the Norman Parathyroid Center. Each person I dealt with was wonderful and all my medical records and information was processed quickly. My consultation was brief but informative. Once I arrived at the hospital until I left, I was well taken care of. Dr. Norman was a pleasant surprise. He was humble and funny and put me at ease before my surgery and was very encouraging afterwards. He spent a lot of time with me before and after the surgery. He called me the night of the procedure exactly when he promised.

The ONLY place to go for parathyroid disease show details The ONLY place to go for parathyroid disease
by TF in Memphis, TN on Apr 5th, 2016

In May my primary care doctor advised my blood calcium was elevated and additional tests would reconfirm this, along with a high PTH (parathyroid hormone). I have learned in the months since, that this is the classic presentation of parathyroid disease or hyperparathyroidism. After much research I discovered that there are no parathyroid experts in Memphis and that the best Dr. in the country is Dr. Norman in Tampa. I am 1 week post-op and feeling better already. I am SO glad that I made the trip to Tampa. As it turns out, I had 2 tumors and I am 100% sure that if I had a "great local surgeon" perform the operation, I wouldn't be cured! Dr. Norman and his awesome team are the absolute best.

Great results show details Great results
by Joseph on Feb 22nd, 2016

Not inexpensive but you get what you pay for. This group is the best in the US at what they do.

by alice on Feb 20th, 2016

this is the place to go, if your insurance doen's cover , dig up the money and go any way---excellent place

Dr. Norman a world class endocrine surgeon show details Dr. Norman a world class endocrine surgeon
by DR DAVID LEVIEN on Feb 18th, 2016

world class surgeon. most experienced parathyroid surgeon. i am a retired surgeon myself and i came from California for my surgery.

Parathyroid tumor show details Parathyroid tumor
by Brenda M. on Feb 3rd, 2016

Recently traveled to Florida for surgery with Dr. Norman. Best decision I ever made. The Parathyroid Center at Tampa General along with ALL the Doctors are a class act. Nobody was finding out what was wrong with me or even listening to what I was telling them. I sent my records to Dr. Norman and in no time received a call stating they could help me! I would highly recommend all the Doctors at The Norman Parathyroid Center.

Worth the long trip for a cure!! show details Worth the long trip for a cure!!
by Jaydee Poulson on Jan 25th, 2016

After ten years of suffering with parathyroid disease, I found Dr. Norman. He made it so easy to have the surgery even though I had to travel from California to Florida for the surgery. Results were amazing. I am cured. I would gladly make the long trip for him any day. I wish all doctors were like him and his group. Thank you doctor!!!

Jan 18th, 2016

I was so sick I wanted to die. To make a long story short I was told I had Parathyroid problems and my surgeon in Alaska told me that so few doctors had experience with it that I should consider going outside (to the lower states) to somewhere that specialized in it. Web research turned up the Norman Parathyroid Center and I was skeptical. I wasted two months researching them (as well as other doctors and locations) before deciding they were legit. I have been on prescription pain killers for years and had had enough so I bit the bullet and flew down to Tampa from Alaska and in a few minutes the next day had a tumor removed. The day following I felt pretty darned good and quit the medications but wondered if it was mental. The afternoon of surgery I went on a long walk and 4 days later drove a jet ski around the island of Key West. Now, two and a half months later, I feel fabulous. I had forgotten what Normal felt like, its made me feel 15 years younger, I can do anything I want to do, and I'm taking advantage of that fact. My scar is nearly invisible and life is fun again. My one regret is that I wasted the two months doing the research...but it did give me confidence. If your blood calcium is high just forget about doing the tests at your hospital and save yourself the expense. Head to Tampa, they take care of the necessary tests the morning you go in. You won't believe how much better you feel the very next day and it keeps getting better, so just do it. As for price, I checked around and the cost is just about half of what it would have been here in Alaska or in Portland. I am on Medicare and have not been billed for for even one thin dime of additional expense. I did grumble about the consultation fee, but I don't now....I just feel too darned good to complain, and even with the fee considered the total cost is still just about half of elsewhere. Have I mentioned that the facility is excellent and the people are professional and friendly. They aren't going to follow up with Christmas presents and birthday cards like family I don't suppose, but they are positive, professional, efficient, and friendly. Since I've gotten home two others from my town have scheduled surgery. One gal is back and is thrilled with her results. The other goes in 3 weeks. I wouldn't send my family anywhere else. Be really skeptical about anyone who is complaining, my guess is that they are chronic complainers about anything or that they never actually went to Tampa for the surgery. Read their web page www.parathyroid.com You may find it a bit funky and find a few typos, but I found everything to be true and I am thrilled with having my life back. By the way, I put 3 stars in Follow Up, simply because it doesn't really apply...there is no follow up needed, so don't expect someone to hold your hand.

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Dec 31st, 2015

This is the place to go if you need a parathyroidectomy. It's all they do and they do over 50 a week. This means that not only is Dr. Norman and his surgical team the best at what they do, but so are the staff, from admitting to recovery. Everyone was efficient, competent, friendly and helpful. Surgery is never fun, but this was a great experience.

Best service every for a medical office. show details Best service every for a medical office.
by J.Newel on Dec 20th, 2015

Everybody is courteous and helpful. The operation was simple and everybody took care of us like family. Be confident in your choice to travel to Tampa. Best choice we ever made.

Dr. Norman is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! show details Dr. Norman is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by Amy Blevins on Nov 16th, 2015

Dr. Norman and all of his staff are simply OFF THE CHARTS!!!!!!!!! I know this is going to sound like I am being excessively positive, but Dr. Norman is a medical genius!! He is on the top of his game, and has this surgery and his procedures down to a science. He does not rush you, but he is extremely organized, and he clearly has years of experience in knowing the "best practices" for the patient and for the patient flow in and out of the hospital. Everything with my father went perfectly. My father is 81, so I was scared that something would go wrong, but Dr. Norman has got it together, and he took excellent care of my father. I would not want anyone else touching my parathyroid other than Dr. Norman and his staff........THUMBS UP. Do not let anyone else "mess around" with your neck. Go to the best!

Very Grateful Patient show details Very Grateful Patient
Jul 23rd, 2015

I had 3 failed parathyroid surgeries before contacting the Norman Parathyroid Center. I lost half of my thyroid and suffered vocal cord damage. I had many many scans elsewhere (MRI, ct,ultrasounds, sestamibis, venous sampling, etc.) and no one could find my bad parathyroid gland. I felt horrible my calcium level was as high as 11.5 and pth 167. I saw a surgeon at Vanderbilt University, Emory University and a "parathyroid expert" in California. Nobody was able to help me. My primary care doctor put me on Sensipar. I am only in my early 30s with small children and was basically bed bound. Reasons I had not contaced NPC previously was bad advice from Facebook, endo not recommending and I was afraid all the good reviews were not real. I thought I was going to die with hyperparathyroidism and my quality of life was not good. I finally contacted NPC not expecting they could even help me but thought I should at least try. I came down for a scan and to my surprise the scan was POSITIVE!! In 5 minutes Dr Norman was able to find the tumor in my chest. How did all the other doctors miss that! I just had a sestimabi scan 5 months previously elsewhere that was "negative". I had robotic chest surgery and my gland was implanted in my arm thanks to the other surgeons taking all of my good glands. It has been 7 weeks and I feel great! I can not believe I did not contact them initially. When you have a specialized problem like this you really need an expert. No one has as much experience in parathyroid surgery as Dr Norman and his staff. I get teary eyed thinking about it. He literally saved my life! I highly recommend NPC. God bless Dr Jim Norman and Dr Deva Boone. <3

Mark as Helpful  | 26 people found this helpful Report Abuse
by CheryG on Jun 11th, 2015

After seven yrs of high calcium test results, kidney stones, aches, fatigue, and osteopenia I found Dr Norman's parathyroid website and discovered what was wrong with me. I had had a complete thyroidectomy 15 yrs prior where the surgeon "mistakenly" removed two parathyroids so when I realized that I had at least one tumor on the remaining parathyroids, causing high calcium, I was very nervous about losing both glands and becoming hypo. It took me a good year of research to validate all of the great things I read online about Dr Norman and his clinic and to get the nerve to make the apptmt. It was a breeze from that point forward. Dr Norman and his people are the very best in skill and organization abilities. I traveled to Florida, met with Dr Norman, had my pre surgery tests, had a 25 mt surgery and was at Universal Studios that very evening, enjoying dinner with my family. Dr Norman is THE best when it comes to parathyroid surgery and diagnosis. There is no question,,,go to the best...go see HIM!

by Zaida L. Garcia on Mar 31st, 2015

Wonderful person and the best and friendly person you ever met in a operation room, very friendly and open to talk to you and explain every detail you want to know before your surgery and during your recovery time. Just a great doctor.

The Best of the best show details The Best of the best
by Mary Anderson on Mar 19th, 2015

I have met and had the honor of being operated on by in my opinion the best Parathyroid surgeon in the world. When he told me "I'm not going to treat you, I'm going to cure you" was music to my ears. I was misdiagnosed with FHH by 2 endocrine specialists in Illinois and dealt with numerous severe health issues because of it. I truly know my life was saved by Dr Norman and Dr Boone. My only regret was not finding him 5 years ago. Immediately after my surgery my bone pain was almost gone, headaches stopped, my Sjrogrens symptoms are gone, mental fogginess has cleared, vision has improved. PTH levels have returned to normal. I went from taking a dozen prescription down meds to one prescription med, just a calcium supplement and a multi vitamin. Thank you so much Dr Norman and everyone at Tampa General.

by Janet R Baker on Feb 27th, 2015

Dr. Norman made me feel as though I was his only patient. It was very easy talking to him. He was very excited about how my life would change for the better after the surgery.

Excellent Experience and Totally Compassionate show details Excellent Experience and Totally Compassionate
by Lisa O'Laughlin on Feb 9th, 2015

My expectations were met and then some, this doctor and his team were so full of information and made this trip from New Jersey to Tampa very pleasurable. It was so easy just like they said it would be, Dr. Norman and his staff were accessible throughout the visit and even before the visit they responded politely to ALL the questions I had! He is totally a Parathyroid God! This was so simple and I was so fearful, but his highly trained staff made this so easy. I would fly to Tampa from anywhere to have this man and his team cut my neck again anytime! OUTSTANDING care from the consult to the post-operative care! He deserves more than four stars!

Feb 4th, 2015

My surgery and care with Dr. Norman and his staff was exceptional! Kudos all around.

Amazing surgery center show details Amazing surgery center
by Karen Goldberg on Dec 23rd, 2014

Absolutely incredible. They got me in quickly and made me feel better immediately. Dr. Lopez and Dr. Politz did the surgery and were amazing. The staff was the most organized and perfect staff I have ever experienced. I highly recommend them!

Best care in the world show details Best care in the world
by Brenda Brook on Dec 11th, 2014

Awesome, he gave me my life back after he performed my surgery!

Found the BEST! show details Found the BEST!
by Connie from Albuquerque, NM on Nov 13th, 2014

My experience from the initial consultation through Post Operative follow up by Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz and staff far exceeded my expectations!! Dr. Norman/Dr. Politz removed a parathyroid tumor that had been undiagnosed for 10 years in 14 minutes!! What sealed the deal for me? I read all the reviews by doctors from many of the finest medical institutions who had Dr. Norman perform their own parathyroid surgery! He's the Doctor's Doctor!! My research was complete! ! dined out the evening of surgery and nearly 3 weeks later I have a one inch incision, barely visible! I feel sensational! I have my life back! Dr. Norman, Dr. Politz and staff; they are my Super Heroes! If your survey had 5 stars I would have rated each category with 5 stars!

Passion and Compassion show details Passion and Compassion
by Deborah Hartline on Nov 3rd, 2014

Dr. Norman and his team are the epitome of passion for what they do! I traveled from the Boston, MA area (noted for it's fine doctors and hospitals) because no one here knows more about parathyroid disease or does more parathyroid surgeries than the doctors and staff at the Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa. From their user friendly website, www.parathyroid.com, incredibe Calcium Pro app, carefully orchestrated pre-op process and fine-tuned surgical procedures, this group of dedicated, respectful professionals treat you as a partner in your health. My experience from beginning to end was truly remarkable!

parathyroidectomy show details parathyroidectomy
by Dr. & Mrs. Patrick J Dineen on Sep 25th, 2014

Every aspect of our experience with Norman Parathyroid Center was caring, reassuring, informative, and highly skilled. It was a privilege to be a surgical patient of Dr. Norman & Dr. Boone and their wonderful staff. This is literally the top care in this field in the world.

Positive Surgery Experience show details Positive Surgery Experience
by EC on Sep 9th, 2014

When my doctor called and told me I had high calcium which meant I had a tumor that needed to come out, he referred me to an endocrinologist. I live near TWO nationally-known and respected hospitals that I would have no problem going to if I needed a gall bladder operation or even a heart transplant. Unfortunately, the endocrinologist could not name an experienced parathyroid surgeon in my area. I got on the internet and found the Norman clinic. Did I want to travel across the country for this surgery? Absolutely not, no one would do that!!! I couldn't even believe there was a surgeon who did this many surgeries a day for some organ I had never heard of! I read all the reviews, (still very hesitant about committing to traveling somewhere I had never been knowing I would have limited follow up care) and what "sealed" it for me was when I called the motel to make reservations and they said "Oh yes, we have l0 of Dr. Norman's patients every night! And we love watching them walk out of here; they look completely different immediately!" I made the arrangements and had my surgery. I was nervous throughout the entire process, and when I checked into the motel the staff once again had to ensure me that when I came back from the hospital I would take a nap and go out to eat!!!! Not only did that happened, I WALKED to the restaurant and didn't need to be shuttled@ I am now close to three weeks post op and ready to share my experience. When I had the surgery they had to give me the same amount of anesthesia as a six foot man (I'm only 5 foot one!!!) I woke up like I had a nap, put on lipstick and thought I felt twenty years younger! Despite the extra anesthesia, had no issues with nausea at all-I was grateful to the experienced anesthesiologists who monitored me and administered my meds. I WALKED to a nearby restaurant that night and flew home the next day, didn't need special assistance or a wheelchair! As the days went by I returned to all former activities and even MORE than I'd ever done before. So many symptoms I had before (and blamed on "old age") are now gone. The final straw for me was when I went the other day to give blood at a blood mobile, and the nurse made a big deal out of how perfect my vitals were-pulse, blood pressure and iron levels. They had improved considerably. I decided to write this review so you can have no doubts about choosing Dr. Norman's clinic for your parathyroid operation. The entire experience from submitting labwork to follow up was easy-and I was highly nervous and emailed questions almost daily for two weeks-they were all answered immediately. After surgery I had a question and texted Dr. Norman and he responded within minutes even though it was evening. If the consultation fee is what is bothering you, do your research and check the costs that other clinics may have and figure out what your portion of the surgery will be. It was worth every penny to me.

Mark as Helpful  | 16 people found this helpful Report Abuse
expert, excellent surgeons show details expert, excellent surgeons
by carol lopez on Sep 3rd, 2014

When my annual blood test revealed elevated calcium and tests confirmed hyper parathyroidism, I began to search the internet for more information. The best information I found was on the Norman Parathyroid Center website. Given the delicate nature of the surgery and the difficulties of finding the tumor on a scan, my husband and I decided that it was worth the cost to go to the very best. Dr. Norman is quite simply the very best. From the moment I entered the clinic the morning of my surgery, I knew I was in the right place and the friendliness and professionalism of the staff was reassurring. When Dr. Norman viewed my chart with me and told me that he was 100% sure I had a parathyroid tumor and he was going to take care of it, I was so relieved. So much of medicine is maybe this or maybe that, it was great to have the EXPERT tell me he was sure. If you have this condition, I recommend without reservation that you spend the money and go to the best!!! I could have spent months trying to figure this out, going to specialist after specialist but this was superb. I also want to mention when you contact the clinic, you are assigned a person who helps you get signed up, mine was Jayme. She was terrific and held my hand the whole way, always answered my emails in a timely fashion and really gave me support. The staff at Norman Parathyroid Center are efficient and good at their jobs. It does take 3 to 4 weeks to get scheduled but it took that long for me to get scheduled with an endicrinologist for a consultation.

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Don't settle for anyone less than the best show details Don't settle for anyone less than the best
by Karen S. from Houston, TX on Aug 14th, 2014

Five years ago, I made the mistake of staying close to home in seeking a surgeon for a minimally invasive parathyroidectomy. Despite the fact that I lived in Houston with world-renowned medical care, I went to Dallas for that first surgery. I again showed symptoms of parathyroid disease just 2 years after that surgery, but my endocrinologist kept telling me that the parathyroid scans were negative for tumors. After telling me to wait yet another year, I sought a second opinion. I was told that I needed surgery. This time I wasn't taking any chances. I contacted the Norman Endocrine Surgery Clinic for a consultation, and Dr. Norman agreed to take my case. I have just returned from surgery in Tampa. Not only did Dr. Norman remove a second tumor from my parathyroid, he removed the remnants of that first tumor from 5 years ago that the Dallas surgeon missed. In between that first parathyroid surgery five years ago and this most recent surgery, I have been diagnosed with osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, and have had cervical herniated discs C4, C5, and C6 replaced. I can't help but believe that had Dr. Norman performed that first parathyroid surgery in 2009, I would have been cured and in a lot better skeletal health today. Don't settle for anyone less than the best when it comes to parathyroid disease. Take it from someone who learned the hard way!

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
parathyroid op show details parathyroid op
by Nigel B....field on Jul 22nd, 2014

Dr Norman and all his staff at the Norman parathyroid provided the highest standards of medical care. I travelled from the UK to be treated by Dr Norman and I would recommend any of my fellow countrymen to do the same should the need arise.

successful surgery show details successful surgery
by Marcia G. on Jul 4th, 2014

After researching it, I knew the only place to go for parathyroid surgery was in Tampa. Dr. Norman is the best! I had an unusual case and it took 2 surgeries to remove my tumors and I know no one else would have been as successful as Dr. Norman. Thank you so much!

Cured by Dr. Norman show details Cured by Dr. Norman
by Shellie from Cincinnati on Jul 2nd, 2014

Dr. Norman is an expert in his field. After a failed operation in Cincinnati, I flew to Tampa so Dr. Norman could successfully remove my parathyroid tumor. He did just that, curing me of hyperparathyroidism. Hehas so much experience in hyperparathyroidism that people come from all over the world to have Dr. Norman perform their surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Norman - he will take good care of you!

Worth the travel time and expense show details Worth the travel time and expense
by Teresa Hutchens on Jun 30th, 2014

Dr. Norman and his partners along with the entire staff both in his office and at Tampa General did everything possible to make my entire experience from start to finish as painless as possible. From the first contact with the office staff to the follow-up call from Dr. Lopez assisting me with dealing with my hyperparathyroid disease was the main goal of everyone concerned. The hospital staff was awesome and EVERYONE was courteous and professional. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone questioning if they have hyperparathyroid disease.

Jun 25th, 2014

Dr. Norman is wonderful--he took care of my parathyroid tumor after other doctors ignored the problem. He and Dr. Politz both made the experience very pleasant and the entire staff was there to make sure I was comfortable and all my questions were answered. I was out taking a walk by the water later that afternoon and home weeding in my garden the next day! All doctors should be as knowledgeable, have such a bedside manner, and do such good work as Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz!

It's All Good show details It's All Good
by Judith on Apr 15th, 2014

My Cincinnati surgeon removed one gland, didn't check the others, and left me with continuing disease. Happily, I found parathyroid.com and Dr. Norman who then looked for and found the remaining tumors, curing the long festering disease my endocrinologist had just "been watching." Drs. Norman and Politz were good-humored and efficient as were all the members of their staff, the hospital was beautiful, everything was just right. It's good to know that this time I'll be just right, too. Thank you all.

The Best! show details The Best!
by james L. on Apr 9th, 2014

Everything about Dr. Norman is first class. He and his staff are so caring and professional they cover all the bases. I would recommend them to anyone who has a parathyroid condition.

Amazing difference in my life style show details Amazing difference in my life style
by Steven H on Mar 18th, 2014

Very passionate about what parathyroid problems can do to a persons health. He did the post op interview and answered all of my questions in detail.Dr.Dr. Politz was lead in my surgery and called me on my cell for follow up. I have his and Dr. Norman's cell number. Unheard of in todays medical world.

Competent doctor and surgeon show details Competent doctor and surgeon
by Rosado on Mar 4th, 2014

Dr. Norman is caring and exceptional in hyperparathyroid conditions. He assured my mom before and after surgery, took the time to answer all of our questions, but most importantly he cured her. Thank you Dr. Norman!

by Sandy on Feb 20th, 2014

From Texas to Florida to have parathyroid surgery. Dr. Norman is on a mission to educate re parathyroidism. Read his website. Thank you Dr. Norman

by Romana on Jan 29th, 2014

The treatment for Parathyroid surgery was as easy as he claimed it would be in his interaction with us and on his youtube vdos... Coming from another side of the world (New Delhi, India) to a hospital/doctor whom you have not heard of beyond your scope of illness, he came across as very confident, capable and was able to ease you into the procedure. Very meticulous, thorough and precise - the whole experience gave me a lot of confidence and joy.

The Best Choice show details The Best Choice
by Marie Bersia on Jan 20th, 2014

My elderly mother was diagnosed with hyperparathyroidism in Nov. 2013, after suffering with osteoporosis for 8 years. She was extremely frightened and agitated about what was coming. The primary care doctor recommended she visit an endocrinologist to discuss treatment. She did so. The next step was to see a surgeon. The wait time to see a local surgeon was over a month. Then another month before doing surgery. All unacceptable time frames. In the meantime I did some searching online and found the Norman Parathyroid Center. There are 4 surgeons who work together, in teams of 2 for each surgery. They were able to review her labs and schedule her for surgery within 3 weeks. Super efficient and polite. In fact, the initial phone consultation with the doctor ran 15 minutes later than planned, not a problem for us. The big surprise was that the doctor APOLOGIZED for being late!?! When was the last time that happened? Never, in our experience. The entire process was smooth, timely, professional, and best of all, the surgery was completed in less than 20 minutes. The local surgeon's estimated surgical time was 2 hours or more. Is there any question about which to choose? We happened to be very fortunate to live in Orlando, so driving to Tampa the afternoon prior to surgery was easy. But no matter where you live, don't go anywhere else. Go where the experts practice, where they do nothing else but this surgery.

mrs show details mrs
by brenda long on Jan 18th, 2014

the staff was great and helped me with my phobia of iv needles. dr norman was very compassionate and performed the mirp procedure with success in the areas of my swallowing difficulty ,gerd and my sinusitis.however this procedure was not a panacea relating to my arthritis and my fibromyalgia, which stll exists as of this date

Dr. Norman - Amazing! show details Dr. Norman - Amazing!
by Kathy Waite on Jan 14th, 2014

After finding out that I had Hyperparathyroidism I went to he internet to learn more. I found so much helpful and accurate information on Dr. Norman's website. This intrigued me and made me try to find a doctor closer to home that had the same expertise and experience. Living in Houston, I thought for sure it would be easy since it is known as the medical meca. To my dissatisfaction after much research, I traveled to Florida for my operation. The experience with Dr. Norman and his amazing staff is second to none. I have never been treated so wonderfully with any doctor and staff ever. From the ladies at the office who actually answer the calls when you have questions, to the nurses, radiology tech, all of the assistants, and especially to Dr. Norman, this was the most amazing experience. I was in and out of the hospital in four hours from check in, surgery, to check out. I did not feel rushed to leave, I just felt well enough to do so. Dr. Norman even shares his cell phone number and makes a personal call to check up on you the evening after the surgery. Amazing! We even went to the movies the evening of my surgery. I cannot thank Dr. Norman enough for changing my life for the better.

Texas Nana show details Texas Nana
Dec 16th, 2013

I had never heard of primary hyperparathyroidism before my high calcium was diagnosed. I found parathyroid.com, now I feel like an expert. Dr. Norman and Dr. Lopez performed my surgery at Tampa General Hospital last week. I am thrilled to be cured and want to spread the word about how simple they make this complex surgery. Please, please, make sure your surgeon checks ALL 4 GLANDS during surgery - like these surgeons do.

This would be the only place for Parathyroid surgery. show details This would be the only place for Parathyroid surgery.
by Steve Goldblatt on Dec 14th, 2013

If you have this disease than your story is like everyone else and your story is like no one else. Like everyone else you have lost and wasted time being scanned, biopsied, and 24 hour non stop urine collected. You have also been told by your local Endochronologist that your calcium blood levels are not that bad. In my case the Endo Doc thought that insurance would not pay for surgery because my labs did not warrant it. Those were my experiences. In my case, it was by accident that I discovered the Norman Parathyroid Clinic. I read as much as I could on the web site. I watched the 15 minute surgery ( DR Norman corrected me. It is more like 13 and change) I paid the fee bought my plane tickets and flew to Tampa with my wife Suzanne. I could have chosen Hopkins and had the surgery in Baltimore an hour and a half from home. Instead I found Tampa General easier to reach and far and away a better place to go. 30 to 80 is normal for parathyroid hormone productivity . 250 to 1000 is what Dr Norman and Dr Lopez see in surgery. My bad boy was 1822. Once more, 1822 hormone activity, The first Doc I went to said he wanted to watch my labs for awhile. I wonder what he would say to my number 1822? Maybe he wouldn't know the significance. Surgery was yesterday . I went out for dinner and had 2 martinis and came home today and walked the dog about a mile. I am a little sore but I am cured for good. How cool is that? Could I be more thankful to Dr Norman and Dr Lopez? I don't think so!

Professor of Anatomy & Physiology show details Professor of Anatomy & Physiology
by Tim Musch on Dec 4th, 2013

Being a member of biomedical research community and being part of the University and Medical School Community for a long time, all I can say is that the Norman Parathyroid Center is the world's best clinic for the treatment of hyperparathyroidism. Everything posted on their website is accurate and true and you will not find any better surgeons to perform your procedure. I was cured in a matter of hours with a 2.5 cm incision on my neck that will not leave any noticible scar. The post-operative care was excellent and factuable and I experienced nearly everything that they told me I would experience including the relief of joint pain in a matter of hours. A friend of my had her parathyroidectomy at the closest University Hospital to our city and ended up with a 14 cm incision that nearly went from ear to ear. The experience and medical patents that were developed by Dr. Norman have advanced this area of medicine and surgery to a level other practicing physicians should learn and implement into their practices. These physicians are the leading experts in their field and this is supported by both their publications in peer-reviewed medical journals, and more importantly, the expected outcomes of your medical care. I found Dr. Norman and Dr. Lopez to be very engaging and more than willing to talk about my case. I found that part of the mission of this group of physicians is to educate the rest of the medical community about the disease with the hope that more physicians will understand and go forward with their patients in getting treatment instead of taking "the let's see what happens with your calcium levels approach" which results in a lack of correct diagnosis over a long period of time (years!). From what I have read, it would appear that this disease (primary hyperparathyroidism) due to the development of a benign tumor (adenoma) is cleary underdiagnosed. The result is that there are a large number of individuals that walk around with high blood calciums levels for years when they could have been cured with one surgical procedure lasting about 20 minutes. My hats off to these physicians and this medical practice. Their contribution to the medical community and patients that they seen in their clinic is outstanding and the best in the US if not in the entire world.

Ectopic Surprise show details Ectopic Surprise
by Linda R. on Oct 8th, 2013

I cannot believe the remarkable way in which Dr. Norman does what nobody else can do. From the beginning with his website to the end with the surgery. All I can say is that it was a REMARKABLE experience to the point of perfection. WOW your entire system is WOW!!!!!!!

by Sydney Green on Sep 27th, 2013

After several years of the doctors" wait and see" approach, I finally went to Dr. Norman. For the first time in 6 years, I am not in pain. I am very grateful for the promptness and the clear information that has changed my life.

by Denise O on Sep 18th, 2013

I traveled to Tampa for a parathyroidectomy. I was more than happy with the decision to travel to where Dr Politz and Dr Norman practice. Dr Norman spent a lot of time with us pre-op discussing things. I had heard he was arrogant, but that couldn't be further from the truth, he is kind compassionate and spent all the time I needed to get my questions answered. He is positive and encouraging and knows what he is doing. He is very thorough and explained everything as the morning progressed. I highly recommend coming here. Get it done right the first time, Dr Norman is the best! I have felt better two days post-op than I've felt in years. Don't give it a second thought, get here whatever it takes.

Sep 15th, 2013

If you have high blood calcium levels and your own dr. is not helping you, go to the world expert in hyperparathyroidism.This was the best medical care and support I have ever had.After contacting them I was scheduled for surgery in only 3 weeks. I had a large tumor that was removed. They didn't wait and see like many physicians do, all the while your bones are being broken down and your risk for stroke and heart attack are increased. They know what to do and they will cure you. I am so thankful I found them.

by Karen M. on Sep 14th, 2013

Dr. Norman and Dr. Toro made my recent decision to have my parathyroid surgery done in Tampa easy. There attention to detail in this process is second to none. The professionalism and proficiency in performing the procedure was excellent. I highly recommend them and thank the entire Norman Parathyroid team for their excellent care.

by Jennie H on Sep 9th, 2013

I travelled from central Ohio to Tampa to have my parathyroid surgery. More than likely, I will not need to see Dr. Norman again since he cured me in July; but if I ever need to have parathyroid surgery again I definitely would call on Dr. Norman. My case was a little different. Dr. Norman removed the tumorous parathyroid, as scheduled, but also found an issue with my thyroid. I was very impressed that Dr. Norman took care of my thyroid issue at the same time. I feel that if I had this surgery through any other endocrinologist, I would still be dealing with the cancer Dr. Norman removed. I highly recommend Dr. Norman and the Parathyroid Center. It is definitely worth the trip to Tampa, FL.

Parathyroidectomy show details Parathyroidectomy
by J Richardson on Aug 29th, 2013

If you find out you have parathyroid disease, head to Tampa, Florida sooner rather than later. You will have the best possible care with Dr. Norman. I felt 100% confident in his ability to provide superior quality care. Thank you Dr. Norman!

Cured of parathyroid disease show details Cured of parathyroid disease
by Kim Dinkel on Aug 22nd, 2013

My specialist here wanted to split my sternum to retrieve my tumor. When getting a second opinion, I was strongly urged to pursue my treatment from the Norman Parathyroid Center. With all of the information online and the consultations via computer and phone, I felt like I already knew the doctor when I arrived for my surgery. Although he could not guarantee success with the mini-procedure (due to the odd location of my tumor), Dr. Norman said he would give it his best shot and he was SUCCESSFUL!!! That very afternoon I was out enjoying the city of Tampa and was ready to fly back to Kansas the next day (although we decided to stay and enjoy ourselves for a while longer!) I have to say, my husband and I are 110% thrilled with my treatment and results!

IMPRESSED show details IMPRESSED
by D D Lee on Aug 5th, 2013

I was extremely impressed with the entire experience and that it went exactly as described on their website! I appreciated the briefing and conversation with Dr. Norman prior to surgery. As I expressed to him, I would like to see Dr. Norman establish additional clinics across the country, giving all people with this illness the availability of the mini-parathyroid surgery and high quality of care I received.

Para thyroid surgery show details Para thyroid surgery
by Art Brzostowski on Jun 17th, 2013

First class from start to finish. Simply the best. This is the number 1 surgeon for this surgery in the USA. The team at Tampa General are top notch. Cure rate is 100 percent.

I highly recommend for parathyroid surgery show details I highly recommend for parathyroid surgery
Jun 13th, 2013

I went to Dr. Norman for parathyroid re-surgery after my first surgery with another doctor was unsuccessful. Dr. Norman took the time to explain to me why my first surgeon was unsuccessful and show me why the second surgery was going to be significantly better. Dr. Norman personally called me the evening after surgery to let me know my lab results and to let me know I was cured. I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Norman's experience, knowledge and bedside manner.

by Candy Martin on Jun 12th, 2013

I am so thankful for Dr. Norman! Because of his expertise, he was able to accurately diagnose me to have a parathyroid tumor. He surgically removed the tumor, but he didn't stop there. He checked my other parathyroid glands and my thyroid, to make sure I would be cured when he was done. My husband and I were very pleasantly surprised with Dr. Norman's genuine care for not just me, but each and every patient at the parathyroid center the day I was there. Dr. Norman spent quality time with me, explaining his diagnosis so I could easily understand what was going on in my body, because of the parathyroid tumor. I just had surgery yesterday, and returned home to Ohio today, and I have already begun to notice improvements in how I'm feeling!

Very satisfied show details Very satisfied
by Christine Clark on Jun 5th, 2013

Dr. Norman and his staff are experts in hyperparathyroidism. They are very good at explaining the disease, its symptoms and the reason surgery is helpful and important at your patient visit and also through the extensive information on their website. Dr. Norman and his staff are professional, skilled and compassionate creating trust and a positive experience. I would recommend Dr. Norman's practice to anyone who is considering parathyroid surgery.

From Germany to Tampa show details From Germany to Tampa
by Dr. B. Hoffmann on May 24th, 2013

I live in Germany and because of my hyperparathyroidism I came for surgery to Dr. Norman at General Hospital in Tampa. I must say that I am really very very happy that I made this decision. In Germany I visited a surgeon who said that surgery in my case would not be easy for him and for me. But for Dr. Norman it was so easy. I would advise everybody with parathyroid problem to go for surgery to Dr. Norman and his great team even if you have to travel around the whole world.

Dr. J. Norman - parathyroidism show details Dr. J. Norman - parathyroidism
by Eleanor Ward on May 14th, 2013

I was first introduced to Dr. Norman when I learned I had parathyroid problems. I did not know what parathyroids were at that point. So I went on the net to learn about parathyroidism. That was my introduction to Dr. Norman The word that describes my learning from all the information that Dr. Norman has shared on the net is "gift". As I read his excellent information, shared with us who needed the knowledge, I was both impressed and thankful that I could get information and know what was causing some of the symptoms I was experiencing. When I finally decided that I needed to go to Tampa and get the surgery I needed (could not find it in Canada) I was delighted to find it would be Dr. Norman that would be the surgeon. I appreciated his telling me that I had experienced very little help with my health issues and his desire to teach re how to so easily rectify the parathyroid issue. I also appreciated his caring manner and his sense of humour, as well as his deep desire to teach and show how simply parathyroidism can be cured. I am just one week into having the surgery....how many times this week I have felt the joy for Dr. Norman, his desire to make life easier and so much better for us. For me that is a beautiful and caring gift that I will always appreciate. Deep thanks Dr. Norman.

by Healthy now on May 7th, 2013

Worth the trip from Texas to have Dr Norman and his group's experience for my procedure. A competent, thorough and professional group. Exactly like the video. Surgery on Monday, home on Tuesday, back to work on Wednesday.

by James Walker on May 4th, 2013

Professional in every aspect of the practice.

Changed my Life! show details Changed my Life!
by Northern Gal - Happy patient! on Apr 24th, 2013

Dr. Norman's web site (parathyroid.com) about hyperparathyroidism gave me all the information I needed to take charge of my own health care. Everything I learned before my parathyroidectomy was spot on. Small incision on Friday morning, light anesthetic, tested all four glands, went out to eat that night, on the plane on Saturday, back to work on Monday. Took total of two over-the-counter Motrin, along with using an ice pack the first day. Amazing. I'm cured, despite not-so-enlightened advice from my local doctors. Paid out of pocket due to being out-of-network, and worth every penney.

From Gatesville, TX to Tampa, FL show details From Gatesville, TX to Tampa, FL
Apr 18th, 2013

After reading almost everything about the surgery on Dr. Norman's website and watching the videos, I and my husband decided that Tampa was the place to go for my Parathyroid operation. Dr James Norman, Dr Rafael Toro and their team were very professional. The surgery was very successful, I went out for dinner just 3 hours after I left the hospital! Thank you to everyone at the Norman Parathyroid Center for your excellent care. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Norman and his team.

Dr. Jim Norman is truly an outstanding doctor. show details Dr. Jim Norman is truly an outstanding doctor.
Mar 23rd, 2013

Dr. Norman thoroughly understands hyperparathyroidism and thoroughly understands how to guide his patients through the necessary treatment course. His website is unparalleled in it's ability to educate his patients on every aspect of this disease. I highly recommend Dr. Norman, his partners and his staff to anyone with hyperparathyroidism .

Miss show details Miss
by Angela Cartwright on Mar 5th, 2013

Dr Norman was very professional, informative and displayed a person - centered approach. The surgery performed by him was very successful and complication free.

Truck Driver show details Truck Driver
by Eric B on Feb 6th, 2013

Absolutely the best medical experience in my life. Their care and concern for people is evident the minute you walk in the door. The surgery was a breeze, 16 minutes. The website answered almost every question I had, what an awesome tool. I literally read every word, watched every video. Thanks to the former patients who shared their stories so the rest of us could put the final pieces together, get some answers, and confirm what we already knew...something's wrong and we're not crazy. Altogether, from initial email to surgery, took 21days and a plane ride. Three weeks to be cured of what my doctors back home missed for 15 years. Thank you to everyone at the Norman Parathyroid Center for your excellent care, dedication to your profession, and mostly for saving my life.

Dr. Norman...Much Gratitude show details Dr. Norman...Much Gratitude
by Amy and Family, Jacksonville, Vermont on Feb 2nd, 2013

My experience with Dr. Norman and his staff was completely positive. They are courteous, supportive, informative, professional and empathetic. From discovery of their website to date of surgery in under one month, they have returned my quality of life to its original state of good health. My family and I were treated with kindness and courtesy. I highly recommend Dr. Norman, Dr. Politz,, The Parathyroid Center, and all staff members as the very best choice for treatment of this condition.

Dr. Norman saved my life 2 days ago. show details Dr. Norman saved my life 2 days ago.
Oct 24th, 2012

What I've learned is that parathyroid adenomas aren't malignant like cancer, but they are terminal. I've had a parathyroid adenoma for approx 12 years and had it removed 2 days ago by Dr. Norman. The foremost doctor in the world spent time with me and my husband explaining the details of my disease. I couldn't ask for more. Extraordinary experience!!

The Miracle Maker show details The Miracle Maker
Oct 20th, 2012

This is not a paid advertising. My local surgeon from my town suggested that he will most likely have to crack open my chest in order to take out one of the parathyroid seeds that turned into a tumor. Dr. Norman, on the other hand, used his amazing skills and knowledge to extract my adenoma without cracking my chest by simply making a small incision at the bottom of my neck. So instead of a 6 weeks recovery period for an open chest surgery, I needed only 6 hours. If this is not a miracle, I don't know what it is!!

DR. NORMAN IS A WORLD CLASS PHYSICIAN show details DR. NORMAN IS A WORLD CLASS PHYSICIAN
Oct 15th, 2012

The surgeon in Savannah informed me that my CT scan was negative and I would have to have exploratory surgery. He also said I could end up with two incisions. Once I heard those words, I said no thanks! I searched the Internet for parathyroid, and that is how I found Dr. Norman's very informative website. After reading just about everything about the disease and watching the videos, I decided that Tampa was the place to go. The morning of my surgery, I met with Dr. Toro who welcomed me and explained things I should know. Later, I finally got to meet the MAN himself. He was just great explaining the procedure and that I would be cured of this disease. He was friendly, humorous, caring and eased any fears I may have had. His staff was very helpful and friendly as well. That night, I received a phone call from Dr. Toro to see how I was doing. I also was given each Dr.'s home and cell phone numbers. I was really amazed because that is unheard of these days!! THANK YOU DR. NORMAN. YOU ARE WORLD CLASS.

Comments on resent parathyroid surgery performed by Doctor Norman. show details Comments on resent parathyroid surgery performed by Doctor Norman.
Sep 17th, 2012

I went to Doctor Norman's web site in search of finding information on my parathyroid disease. I was impressed with the wealth of information on the site and Doctor Norman's "cutting edge" surgical technique for eliminating this disease. Not being satisfied with surgeons in my state, who did not possess Doctor Norman's expertise in this area, I decided to contact the Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa, Florida so I could become a patient. From the very first contact with the parathyroid center it was almost flawless the way everything fell into place! Doctor Norman's office staff, hospital staff,and surgical team were extremely well organized and excellent in their manner of care and comfort. Everyone I met was supportive,friendly, and worked to insure I had a positive experience. Since my successful surgery I am amazed at how quickly and efficiently this disease has become a thing of the past for me. My quality of life is improving daily. Thanks Doctor Norman. YOU'RE THE BEST!

Parathyroid tumor show details Parathyroid tumor
by Janet Tregerman on Dec 6th, 2011

There is no question in my mind, if you have parathyroid disease, or a calcium level over 9, that you should visit parathyroid.com. I did this, 6 weeks ago, and now I am a new woman. Dr. James Norman has put this amazing website together to educate us on the parathyroid. I filed out the on line questions, and in a week I spoke to the doctor and booked my surgery. My body felt 100% better as I awoke from my surgery. I truly thought it was a miracle. Sounds hokey but so true. My calcium level was elevated for 5 years before I did something about it. My internal medicine doctor did not think it was a surgery I needed. However, after removing the tumor on my parathyroid, my body started working again. So it is a no brainer. Check your blood work report and if something is high, check it out, why else have blood work done. I am still trying to understand how this tiny little organ, the parathyroid, is such a mystery to some doctors and practically all laymen.I am so happy that I am my own advocate on my health issues, Everyone should be!Thank you Doctor Norman and his entire team of doctors, nurses and staff. They are all rated as high as I rate Doctor Norman. I still can not believe that I had surgery yesterday morning at 8AM, and less than 36 hours later I am righting this review in amazement. I have a sore neck and a body ready to go running again and back to my healthy routine. Life is Good (AGAIN)

economist show details economist
Nov 14th, 2011

I went from Switzerland to Tampa to be operated by Dr. Norman. Everything went as it was told me before. Dr. Norman and his team made an excellent job. I can only recommend anybody suffering of hyperparathyroidism to choose Dr. Norman as a surgeon. Don't wait and listen to other doctors. Dr. Norman is just the best. Really.

by BB, Alexandria, Virginia on Oct 18th, 2011

My surgery experience with Dr. Norman was excellent. He is warm, caring, personable, honest, direct and put me at ease immediately. I felt great after surgery and was able to join my husband for dinner within hours of surgery. His parathyroid center at Tampa General Hospital is efficiently run and everyone was attentive, knowledgeable and helpful. I was back to my very busy schedule within a few days of my surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Norman for parathyroid surgery.

One of the kind . show details One of the kind .
Sep 4th, 2011

Dr. Norman is dedicated, brilliant surgent still so down to earth ,personable, kind and carring. He changed my life with the parathyroid surgery .No words can express my gratitude.

Sep 1st, 2011

Drs and office staff were very professional, and very helpful

Aug 15th, 2011

I saw Dr. Norman and also Dr. Lopez they were efficient and my surgery was made as painless as possible. I need a referral and Dr. Norman assured that he could assist with this. After the parathyroid surgery less than a week now, I do notice some clarity in my thinking but realise for overall improvement it may take awhile. I would encorage anyone with a parathyroid problem to take care of it right away. My only regret is that this was not followed up on years ago.

Best in the world show details Best in the world
Aug 12th, 2011

Dr. Norman is the world's most experienced parathyroid surgeon by far. It takes a while to schedule an appointment with him because he is well worth the wait. I was cured of my parathyroid disease in one visit and it had been making me sick for eight years. I would recommend anyone near and dear to me to him in a heartbeat.

Aug 9th, 2011

I had surgery in Tampa last month. It was my second surgery, the previous one being 27 years ago. I would recommend Dr. Norman and his staff to anyone needing parathyroid surgery. We stayed at the Courtyard recommended by Dr. Norman. The staff are used to his patients and were very kind and helpful. When we arrived at the hospital the day of the surgery things went just as we were told they would. Dr. Norman spent time with us and answered our questions. He called that evening to check on me. We flew home the following day. I hope I never need the operation again, but if I do, I would use Dr. Norman.

Parathyroid disease show details Parathyroid disease
Apr 12th, 2011

Traveling out of state to a doctor was stressful. However once in Tampa, the entire surgical experience was very positive. From the excellent service at the recommended hotel, to the shuttle drivers who were so kind there was never a time when I felt I had made the wrong choice to travel out of state for surgery. Once at the hospital, Dr. Norman's staff was outstanding. There were short wait times and both nurses, aides, and doctors were always there to answer questions or provide thorough explanations. The out patient surgical experience was very positive and I would recommend the experience to others.Dr. Norman called me the night of the procedure and I was able to assure him I felt very well--considering I was recovering from outpatient surgery. I had scheduled a follow up exam back in my home state but will maintain contact with Dr. Norman and complete appropriate blood work. Recovery has been uneventful and I was back to work 2 days after surgery.

GREAT EXPERIENCE show details GREAT EXPERIENCE
by Joe Debartolo on Nov 17th, 2010

HAD PARATHYROID SURGERY ON OCT 19,2010 ,AND THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE WAS BETTER THEN WE EVER EXPECTED.FROM THE TIME WE ORIGINALLY STARTED WITH THE SCHEDULING TO THE FINAL PHONE CALL WITH THE DOCTOR TO CONFIRM HOW WELL THE SURGERY WENT IT WAS THE MOST PROFESSIONAL AND PLESENT EXPERIENCE I COULD HAVE EXPECTED.

The quality of my care was excellent. show details The quality of my care was excellent.
Nov 11th, 2010

I was very impressed with the atmosphere,care, and professionalism of the entire medical practice of Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz.

The Best show details The Best
by Patricia Daniel on Nov 8th, 2010

Dr. Norman and his team are excellent in every dimension on the service they provide to their patients. I wanted the BEST and that is exactly what I got from them from the moment of my arrival at the hospital to my release. I would tell everyone with parathyrodism to go to him for their surgery. There is none to compare and even though I had to fly to Florida for the surgery it was well worth it. I had total peace under his care and my recovery has been effortless.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by EST, Hollywood, FL on Nov 6th, 2010

It may seem strange to say that having surgery is a great experience, but in truth having your parathyroid removed by Dr. Norman is really wonderful. Everything about the Parathyroid Center is professional and caring and the change in my health amazing.

Dr. Norman has renewed my trust in the medical profession. show details Dr. Norman has renewed my trust in the medical profession.
Oct 17th, 2010

Dr. Norman has cured me of a disease that five doctors in four cities were unable to properly address. They merely observed me for over 10 years, while my symptoms got worse. One of my symptoms was breast cancer, and I had a bilateral mastectomy. I finally found a doctor who referred me to Dr. Norman, and I was cured in an operation that lasted 19 minutes. Thank you!

Oct 13th, 2010

I am thankful for the skill of Dr. James Norman and Dr. Douglas Politz---and also for the care given to by the staff at Tampa General Hospital. "Complete satisfaction" is the way I would describe the care given by Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz. They were very knowledgeable, professional, and efficient. They gave thorough explanations of what would be happening, and they were always ready to answer any questions that I had regarding my surgery and hospital stay. The care given at Tampa General Hospital was par-excellent. They were courteous, friendly, helpful, and efficient. I am happy to be cured of my hyperparathyroidism. I now have my energy back and feel so much better.

Exactly as Website described show details Exactly as Website described
Oct 11th, 2010

My experience with the Norman Parathyroid Center was exactly as described on their website. I had an earlier parathyroidectomy elsewhere that was not successful. It took over 2 hours. This second one took 12 minutes. I felt fine afterwards and went out for dinner that evening. I felt perfectly well enough to fly home the next day and have had no negative side effects whatsoever. I highly recommend Dr. Norman.

Mrs A Du Plessis show details Mrs A Du Plessis
Sep 27th, 2010

I would recommend anyone with hyperparathyroidism to go straight to Drs Norman & Politz. They are excellent doctors.

RN - Utah show details RN - Utah
Sep 23rd, 2010

I had parathyroid surgery with Dr. Norman in Tampa, Florida one week ago. I had such a positive experience there and just want to say that anyone who needs this surgery should go to the best - I did!!! Because of my medical background, I did a lot of research on my own about my condition before I decided where to go for surgery. There is no one who does this procedure the way that Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz do it in Tampa. It is all they do and they are the best in the world. I am so glad that I went there - I was treated so great by everyone. My recovery has been amazing and I am feeling better than I have felt for the past 7-8 years. What a miracle - thanks to these doctors who really are they best at what they do.

by Karen Dufour on Sep 18th, 2010

The Norman Parathyroid Center and ALL of it's staff are absolutely outstanding. This is what the medical profession is supposed to be like.

Patient Comments show details Patient Comments
by April Nelson-Hyatt on Sep 3rd, 2010

Dr. Norman is an excellent physician who spent time with me explaining the procedure planned and he was able to put me at ease. I have great confidence in his abilities and he was able to totally cure me. I found him very professional, but he also came across to me to be a very caring, compassionate human being. He did his very best for me, and I cannot thank him enough for his services. I would give him the highest rating possible.

Excellent care from Dr. Norman and staff show details Excellent care from Dr. Norman and staff
by J. G. on Aug 31st, 2010

I learned of Dr. Norman online. His website is easy to understand and thorough. His staff is knowledgeable and friendly. I came to Tampa for surgery from out of town. Dr. Norman, Politz, and the staff of the hospital were at the highest level for friendliness, efficiency, and professionalism. I was completely at ease with every aspect of my care. Thank you Dr. Norman, Dr. Politz, NOrman Parathyroid Clinic Staff and Tampa General Staff.

Aug 30th, 2010

I was a recent patient at the Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa,Fl.My experiece was wonderful from start to finish - I am cured. The staff was exceptional and Dr. Norman and Dr.Politz are two of the finest men I have ever met. I was treated like a person,not a number and the staff is kind and very professional.

Aug 20th, 2010

I will always be happy of my decision to have Dr. Norman perform my parathyroid surgery! I am appreciative of all the information he posts on his website (unlike any other doctor). I also admire his quiet sense of humor (the fact that he still has one says a lot after doing these surgeries for over 10 years!) I do think however (and after talking to other patients) that some kind of anesthesia should be given after surgery.Tylenol just don't cut it!

Dr. Norman is a genius show details Dr. Norman is a genius
by Wendy, Machiasport, Maine on Aug 14th, 2010

Dr. Norman is a genius. He is very positive and encouraging. He personalized attention on the phone and in person. I found him via the Internet, and his website helped me diagnose my parathyroid disease and was far more helpful than my local physicians. My surgery was scheduled quickly. The entire staff at the hospital were friendly, welcoming and very professional. The staff and website prepare you well for all that will happen. Following the surgery, most of the troublesome symptoms of the disease were gone. Dr. Norman followed up with me personally the evening of the surgery and let me know my parathyroid hormone level was normal.

by Helen Geisenberger on Aug 9th, 2010

I thought my experience was as good as it can get having surgery. Everyone was great. Dr. Politz and Dr. Norman were very helpful and they both have great bedside manners. If you have to have this surgery, I wouldn't think of going anywhere else.

Aug 2nd, 2010

I had parathyroid surgery with Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz and could not be happier with the process and the results. They and their co-workers were extremely professional and friendly, and I felt I was in good hands. I am very happy with the outcome and wish I had had the surgery sooner. I feel a lot better.

Exceeded all expectations show details Exceeded all expectations
Jul 7th, 2010

I received a diagnosis of parathyroid disease from my physician. I researched the disease and found the Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa, Florida. After reading the entire Web site parathyroid.com, I decided that this was where I wanted the surgery to correct the problem. Dr. Norman successfully removed the adenoma.I am just 24-hours post-op. Immediately after the surgery, I could move and stretch with no bone pain or discomfort. Even now, the parathyroid "fog" is lifting from my brain. It is all exactly how Dr. Norman said it would happen. The 15-minute surgery cured me totally!Dr. Norman is knowledgeable and skilled in his work. His manner is kind and caring and professional. At the same time, he is comfortable with his patients. I would recommend him highly!His office staff is professional, and at the same time warm and caring. How this happens with a staff is no accident. My opinion on arriving at the Center yesterday morning was this: Wow! This guy has pulled together the best and brightest in the business!I had high expectations when I arrived for this surgery. Every expectation I had was exceeded!

surgery on 6/17/10 show details surgery on 6/17/10
by Donna Gutshall on Jun 23rd, 2010

Dr Norman is and remains an unbelievable surgeon and wonderful man. From the moment I entered the parathyroid center on 6/17/10, I was surrounded by warm, friendly and caring staff members. To top it off once I met Dr Jim I realized NO ONE would ever operate on me but him. I LOVED his sense of humor and his instant ability to put his patients at ease. His bedside manner is totally patient oriented. You will be treated as equals with regard to care and spoken to about your problem openly and honestly. Dr Norman must be cloned as soon as possible so we can spread his style of medical care world wide. It is unsurpassed! I nominate him for the 'academy award' as best surgeon in the world. There are no other competitors as I am confident no one else comes anywhere close to being as fantastic as he is. No wonder all his patients love him. Count me too as one more to add to the long list of fans and supporters. God bless Dr Norman always. My experience at Tampa General was unsurpassed and I continue to rave to every and anyone who will listen. Please keep up the fantastic work. Dr Jim is a rare gem in the medical world and lucky me I was able to have my parathyroid surgery done by the master himself. I encourage anyone with thyroid or parathyroid problems to run/fly as fast as you can to his center. While I did not meet Dr Politz (on vacation) I also hear he too is wonderful. You will not be disappointed EVER by going to the Parathyroid center. Check out their website at parathyroid.com. Every word is true and I assure you there is NO WHERE else to go but there. Best wishes to future patients. You are in for a real treat!!!

by Debbie Goldyne on Jun 21st, 2010

My experience at the Norman Parathyroid Center was unsurpassed. Drs Norman and Politz are outstanding, caring and reassuring, as was the entire staff. The procedure was fast and painless. Anyone with a parathyroid problem should not consider going anywhere else! Thank you so much Jim and Doug for giving me my life back.

beverly {jeannie} foster show details beverly {jeannie} foster
by beverly {jeannie} foster on Jun 21st, 2010

I found my experience with Dr. Norman and the entire staff at Tampa gen. hospital was very exceptional! never had a doctor with such wondeful "bedside manor". Made me feel like he had known me for years! Thank God there is a place where you can go at such ease and get this taken care of. I have been going to docs now for 5 years and they kept saying "lets wait and see" that my calcium was not that high. It was just an absolute wonderful experience! Thank you Dr. Norman and staff!!

May 21st, 2010

great surgeon and great bedside manner. Helpful experienced and caring. Anyone with parathyroid problem should only see this doctor.

May 16th, 2010

No doctor of mine could and when broughtsubject up usually was wait or current docs addressed different disease.Dr Norman said diagnosis not tough, all he had to do was tell me what he needed as far as labs------went to internet found medical blood testing labs picked lab test- I paid for it-tests all needed to determine if time to travel to Tampa because I did have double adeoma, If I didn't do that--------probably more years would pass and bone density would get work.He's probably smarter than any doc I have had-evidensed by his patents. Thanks and too bad you don't run across others with his skill.And his partner Dr. Politz developed was trained under Dr Norman. My operation a double adenoma based off reimbusement was 70% Politz 30% Norman and that's okay cause Dr. Norman figuredhow to redo the way parathyroid surgery is done. It was quick

Dr. James Norman Parathyroid Surgery show details Dr. James Norman Parathyroid Surgery
by A. Bell on May 3rd, 2010

Dr. James Norman was my surgeon as well as Dr. Doug Politz assisting. The office is the most well organized office as well as their staff who handles records to complete charts. I had no problem except wishing that I had sent my records to Dr. Norman earlier. Dr. Norman makes you feel such at ease and makes you laugh. Dr. Politz is so helpful and friendly. Dr. Politz called the same night to check on me. In a couple of days I was having symptoms of low calcium so I phoned Dr. Politz and he told me to take more calcium which I did and I am fine. These are two excellent doctors.

Douglas Politz, MD show details Douglas Politz, MD
by James Norman, MD and Douglas Politz, MD on Apr 29th, 2010

Dr. Politz was the first doctor I saw when I got to Tampa General Hospital for my surgery. He greeted me with a smile and a handshake. He was so pleasant. He reviewed all of my test results with me and told me that it would be the beginning of a new life for my husband, children, and me, after the surgery was done. He is a caring surgeon and his and Dr. James Norman's talents with this type of surgery are second to none.

Best Doctor I have ever met show details Best Doctor I have ever met
by Susan. P on Apr 25th, 2010

Dr Norman is one of a kind! He knows so much, yet is friendly and easy to talk to. He takes the time to answer every question, and he made sure my husband had all his questions answered also. He gave us his home phone number and his cell phone number. Dr Jim Norman is one in a million!

by Marykay on Apr 9th, 2010

I would recommend Dr. James Norman to anyone with parathyroid disease. My experience was one of professionalism, compassion and information. From start to finish each person whether Dr. or staff was excellent. Dr. Norman has a special God-given gift and it is evident in how he relates to his patients, does his surgery and follows up afterwards. I am grateful that I was able to get from Ohio to Florida for him to do my surgery. It is changing my life and I will be sharing about it with anyone who will listen! His sense of humor just puts icing on the cake.

Apr 1st, 2010

Extraordinary surgeon, staff and very organized. I highly recommend going to Tampa if you have hyperparathyroidism. He's the best in the world.

professional show details professional
by BDS, VT on Mar 31st, 2010

exceptional. personable, plain spoken and easy to understand,clearly confident and competent, provides service in a personal manner.

wonderful experience show details wonderful experience
Mar 28th, 2010

Dr. Norman is the best! I'm so glad I found him on the internet at parathyroid.com. Going to Tampa for my surgery was a great decision. Everything went beautifully. He and his staff were very capable and caring. I can't think of anything negative to say. It's a first class operation...pardon the pun!

Mar 23rd, 2010

I would recommend Dr. Norman to all that need this surgery. My experience was very positive. Staff was helpful and caring.

Parathyroid Disease show details Parathyroid Disease
by Patient from Dublin, Ohio on Mar 10th, 2010

This is the best medical experience I have had. The diagnosis of my symptoms was becoming more frustrating with each week/month that passed. Dr Norman, responded to a random e-mail that I sent to him, and this gave me the incentive to follow up. I am glad I did because I have been diagnosed, and cured in less than 2 months..Personal Care! Absolutely

treatment for hyperparathyroidism show details treatment for hyperparathyroidism
by Sandra Pray on Mar 4th, 2010

I cannot say enough good things about the skill and expertise exhibited by Dr. Norman in treating my disease. I traveled from Calif and it was well worth the trip. It would have been worth it to travel from anywhere in the world to have Dr. Norman perform the required surgery. One day after my surgery I am home and on my way to work with only a small incision which will heal within a week. Simply put this man is the best and his supporting staff is superlative.

Feb 22nd, 2010

I had a wonderful experience.

World's Best Parathyroid Surgeon show details World's Best Parathyroid Surgeon
by JL on Feb 22nd, 2010

Dr. Jim Norman recently performed a parathroidectomy on me that only took 16 minutes! This is in stark contrast with the Univ. of Penn, which estimated a 5 hr surgery with a 6 - 8" incision. Penn's 6 hours of high-tech tests could not even locate the bad gland. If you are diagnosed with a hyperparathroid condition, run, don't walk (or fly) to Dr Jim Norman in Tampa FL!

Wonderful! show details Wonderful!
by JD Memphis, TN on Feb 20th, 2010

I decided to fly to Tampa for parathyroid surgery because only general surgeons were available in my area to perform this type of surgery. Every interaction that I had with Dr. Norman and his staff was prompt, professional, and helpful. Prior to my surgery, Dr. Norman sat with/spoke with myself and my family for quite a while to answer all our questions (many of which my endocrinologists did not know) without acting rushed. Dr. Norman is very professional, although slightly casual, which put me at ease. The staff was friendly and did their best to make sure we were comfortable. My family was allowed to stay with me the entire time, except for when I actually went back for surgery. The Parathyroid wing at Tampa general was very nice, brand new. This week I had blood work drawn that confirmed that my condition has been cured thanks to the surgery and care of Dr. Norman and his staff.

by Karen Howard on Feb 17th, 2010

I was prompted to research hyperthyroidism because of abnormal blood lab results (even though my scan was negative, showing no tumor). I found the most information on the Norman Parathyroid Center website. Watching Dr Norman perform the surgery online was very helpful. It gave me the assurance I needed to make the right decision. Dr Politz, Dr Norman, their office staff, and the hospital staff were amazingly personable and efficient. They went out of their way to make sure that I was comfortable and informed throughout the procedure. The tumor was successfully removed and I am looking forward to a healthy lifestyle!

Feb 1st, 2010

Received the best care I have ever received in a surgical outpatient department. Everyone was coridal, attentive, thorough, competent, compassionate, and professional. Family members were treated well and kept informed. The clinic ran like a well oiled machine. The view from the waiting room was outstanding. Would not hesitate referring a patient here for parathyroid surgery.

Jan 28th, 2010

The entire experience was very good. Dr. Norman as well as his staff did everything they said they would at the time they said they would do it. If not for him I would have had a much bigger incision with a greater possibillity of complication.

Jan 19th, 2010

Dr Norman was very professional, was very thorough with my condition and explained easily the procedure, I would recommend him highly.

by Ann Marie from Ohio on Jan 10th, 2010

I am a busy mother of 8 children and was thrilled to finally have this mystery not only solved, but cured. To say that I am grateful for Drs. Norman and Politz is an understatement. It was a gift from God to stumble upon their website and realize that I was the person they were describing with hyperparathyroidism. Yes, I diagnosed myself after just days earlier being told by a surgeon that he could not see anything on my sestamibi scan. It is unbelievable that doctors are unable to diagnose this 100% curable disease and frustrating living with the symptoms associated with it. I have told everyone everywhere about this discovery in hopes that someone will be spared the stress of not knowing what is wrong with them.I am continuing to have issues pertaining to the other parathyroid glands turning back on, but am happy to report that all contact with their office has been with concern and high regard for my care. Thank you Dr. Politz for answering all my phone calls after hours!

Thank you Dr. James Norman show details Thank you Dr. James Norman
by Liboria (Laura) Fuchs on Dec 17th, 2009

I received the best care possible. Dr's Norman, Politz were professional, warm caring surgeons, I had a mass removed from my left thyroid the size of a Large Meatball (I'll probably never eat meatballs again) These doctors and their entire staff were wonderful, they are extradordinary men, may they be blessed all their lifes and continue saving people's lifes..........Thank you so very much.

by Ross Moyer on Dec 16th, 2009

Excellent experience in having Dr. Norman take care of my parathyroid condition.

Dr. Ophelia C. patterson show details Dr. Ophelia C. patterson
by ophelia c patterson on Dec 14th, 2009

Superb Provider! Highly intelligent, driven, knowledgeable, compassionte, yet humble, Dr. Norman's ability to change and enhance lives is beyond mere words. Thank you for giving me my life back!

by Sandi Morris, New Jersey on Dec 11th, 2009

I was very apprehensive about locating and scheduling surgery on line but I am thrilled to say that Dr. Norman is the real deal. There was not one surprise. Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz with his staff walk you through every step of the way. I am 10 days post-op and I am slowly seeing improvement every day so far. I am an out of state patient and would definitely recommend making the trip for the professionalism and expertise of this team. Your health is worth it.

by Hank Cook, New Mexico on Dec 10th, 2009

I am THRILLED with every aspect of the consultation and treatment by Dr. Norman and his staff. I can not think of any aspect of the treatment that could be improved and I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Norman to anyone needing parathyroid treatment! I flew from New Mexico for the procedure and it was well worth the trip to obtain the excellent treatment I received!

Saved My Life show details Saved My Life
by Clara Bartlett, Texas on Dec 9th, 2009

I am 80 years old and had been plagued with a parathyroid problem for several year. I had high calcium and a skyrocketing PTH count. Dr. Norman and Dr.Politz review my test and talked to me by telephone. A date was set for my surgery and I travel to Tampa. I was thankful and pleased with their professionalism and for the cheerful and caring staff that took care of my every need on the day of my surgery. The surgery took only a few minutes and my family was told of the results immediately with a picture of the rogue gland that had caused my trouble. I spent a little more than four hours at the hospital. I returned to my hotel for a nap and lunch. I was called in the evening to check on how I was feeling. I flew home the next morning to Texas. I am thankful each day to God that I found these skilled people to minister to my need so quickly and efficiently and restore my health. Before contacting Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz my search for someone to help me had scarry and unproductive. What a blessing to be cured by these talented and caring people. I was constantly attended to by a wonderful nurse and had the attention of the doctors before, during and after my surgery. I am thankful because every aspect of the experience was like a miracle.

Dec 3rd, 2009

Dr. Norman is a very knowledgeable, skilled surgeon who, together with his equally competent fellow doctors and staff, explained to me every aspect of my illness, my operation and treatment and the results. It was obvious that he not only knew but "enjoyed" all the details of his work and specialty. I couldn't be more satisfied with the whole process. Dr. Norman patiently answered all my questions,was there when I woke up in Recovery and even called me himself that evening to see how I was feeling. There were no surprises in any part of the procedure; I was well prepared for everything. I arrived at Tampa General at 6 am and was on my way out of the hospital before 1 pm. My recovery was as predicted: the evening of the operation I enjoyed dinner at a local restaurant, the only pain medication was 800mg of Motrin a couple hours after the operation, and two weeks later, the scar from the incision is barely noticeable - all of which reflects the skills of the doctor

by Rani, Amherst NH on Dec 1st, 2009

My whole experience with Dr Norman and Dr Politz was pleasant and easy from the email contact, throughout the surgery and the care afterwards. Both Drs and their team acted like I was their only patient the whole time I was there. Their procedure is timed to a "T" and their experience and knowledge made my trip to Tampa Fl and Tampa General so worth it. Every day I get better and am thankful that there is such a wonderful place to be treated. Highly recommend to any one dealing with this disease.

Terrific Dr. show details Terrific Dr.
by Mike Brassard on Nov 18th, 2009

Dr. Norman operated on me at Tampa general a few days ago. He took the time on a very busy day to answer all my questions..explain the procedure in laymans terms that I could understand and made what could have been a scary and stressful experience a very pleasant one!

by Toni Ory on Nov 13th, 2009

I found Dr. Norman on the internet after I was told I had hyperparathyroidism by my new doctor. After I found out what my local options were, there was no doubt in my mind that the only option was to travel to Tampa to have Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz (yes, they both do the surgery together) perform my 12 minute MIRP surgery. Dr. Norman is incredibly talented and focused. He explained everything to me and answered my questions via email immediately. His website is invaluable. Not only is the office staff efficient, friendly, professional, and warm; the same goes for the hospital staff at Tampa General. Dr. Norman cured me of my disease which I apparently had for many years and left me with knowing there are caring medical people who treat you as if you are the only patient they deal with. At 12 days post-op, my tiny scar is almost invisible. It scares me to think how it would have been if I had gone to just any general surgeon. Don't bother to look for another parathyroid surgeon. anywhere else - Drs Norman and Politz are your answer.

by Alan Nash - Houston, Texas on Nov 9th, 2009

I thoroughly researched parathyroid surgery and chose Dr. Norman after visiting with another local surgeon. I believed Dr. Norman had more experience and that using his services would provide a better outcome. The surgery (which was performed only a few days ago) went smoothly and Dr. Norman was very personable. There is only a small bandaid on my lower neck and minimal puffiness. It is too soon to verify whether my parathyroid and calcium levels are back to normal, but I expect the lab results in a few weeks to verify that they are at proper levels.

As Advertised show details As Advertised
by Emelie Young on Nov 8th, 2009

Everything went as advertised and it was the easiest surgery I have ever experienced. Full explanations every step of the way and a real respect for his patients.

Another life-changing surgery show details Another life-changing surgery
by Barabara L. Brown, Beaverton, Oregon on Nov 6th, 2009

After seven years of modestly high calcuim, my PCP finally ran a PTH test and ordered a 3-1/2 hr. Cestamebe scan. I searched PTH on the Internet and found parathyoid.com and immediately cancelled my local scan and submitted my labs to Dr. Norman for evaluation. I can support EVERY feedback posted on the website from prior patients. Dr. Norman sounds too good to be true, but he is the real thing. After a 16-minute out-patient surgery I have been cured of my parathyroid disease. This is superior, superior health care by a world-class doctor and staff.

by Cindy Fredrick Orlando/Chicago on Nov 6th, 2009

I am a Registered Nurse and can be very critical of Doctors. Dr. Norman is VERY Competent. He performed surgery on me on Oct 27, 2009 Dr. Norman's sense of humor put me at ease for the surgery. Dr. Norman is EXTREMELY SKILLED in Parathyroid surgery. As a healthcare provider I would tell anyone across the country that if they needed this delicate parathyroid surgery the Norman Parathyroid Center is the ONLY place to have it done. Many general surgeons will tell you that they perform these surgeries, but at the Norman Parathyroid center they perform 8-10 a day. Yhe day of my surgery Dr. Norman performed 13 parathyroid surgies. I am proud to say that we are lucky in this country that we have Doctors such as Dr. Norman and Dr. Politz to perform these delicate surgies. Please all Parathyroid patients with suspected tumors please investigate the Norman Parathyroid Center at Tampa General in Tampa Florida

Diagnosed me when others couldn't show details Diagnosed me when others couldn't
Oct 30th, 2009

I traveled from Virginia to have Dr. Norman perform the MIRP parathyroid procedure on me. He is the best of the best. Not only is that surgery not offered in my community my condition had gone undiagnosed for more than ten years and had caused me needless problems. I feel great and would recommned Dr. Norman to family and friends with no hesitation. He is kind, caring, and highly skilled. Staff is great. Great followup too even though I am far away. My insurance covered the procedure and I paid an out of network cost. Well worth it. Wish there were more out there like Dr. Norman.

by Dennis D. on Oct 22nd, 2009

I recently had my parathyroid surgery performed by Dr.Norman at Tampa GeneralHospital.It was a pleasure to have metboth Dr.Norman and Dr.Politz who are very talented and gifted surgeons and whom I'm very thankful were able to perform my surgery.My visit to the hospital was pleasant and the staff was very professional and caring.My surgery went very well and I'm completely cured of my parathyroid problem.I recommend any person having this parathyroid condition to consider having their surgery performed by Dr.Norman and his staff.

a doctor above and beyond show details a doctor above and beyond
by Joe Marnell on Oct 20th, 2009

The very best and most talented doctor you could have for parathyroid in the world. I was in and out with no complications. I absolutely would not recommend anyone else for this surgery. Place yourselves in the hands of Dr. Norman and Politz and your life will be greatly enhanced. Could not thank them enough.

by Doris De Jong on Oct 20th, 2009

I feel that I cannot praise Drs. Norman and Politz enough. They literally saved my life. Every other doctor that I went to missed all my symptoms and were treating me for something entirely different. My disease had gone on for 10-14 years, and I was slowly dying. I am sleeping again, am not losing hair,my bones do not hurt, my headaches from the disease are gone. I am 73 years old and I am so grateful for these two caring,tender hearted doctors.It took Dr. Norman all of seventeen minutes to rid my body of this insidious disease. My husband was with me until we went into he O.R. and was right there when I came out. The hospital staff, the office staff were both professional and caring. I would recommend The Norman Parathyroid Clinic to all who have a calcium problem.

by Carol Gallagher, Miami, Florida on Sep 30th, 2009

For parathyroid surgery, this is, beyond a doubt, the place to go. I would recommend the Norman Clinic to anyone no matter where they reside. Dr. James Norman & Dr. Douglas Politz provide the most competent, professional, efficient yet warm and personal service that anyone could hope to receive. Each member of their staff approaches his or her responsibilities in the same excellent manner. In these times of debate over health care, the Norman program is a shining example of what all health care should be.

Parathyroid patient UK show details Parathyroid patient UK
by Alexandra Redford on Sep 27th, 2009

I decided after finding Dr. Norman on the internet, to travel from the UK to the US for my parathyroid operation. Dr. Norman is a gifted and confident surgeon and I was not disappointed with his treatment.Without his expertise I would still be suffering many symptons due to the tumour.

Drs. James Norman and Douglas Politz show details Drs. James Norman and Douglas Politz
Sep 25th, 2009

As an out of state patient, I found both doctors to be extremely professional with compassion and personal concern for their patients. The surgical procedure performed cured me of parathyroidism. The office staff was very accommodating, timely responders and congenial. There never was a question unanswered.

M.D. show details M.D.
by S.A.Marineau, M.D. on Sep 25th, 2009

Dr. Norman is an excellent surgeon. From the moment you contact the office, the scheduling and the surgery itself is carry on in an extremely efficient manner. From the time you get to the hospital to the moment you leave, you are constantly attended by a nurse or one of the physicians themselves.

There can only be praise! show details There can only be praise!
by Ronni Blumenthal on Sep 25th, 2009

This is THE MAN to see for hyperparathyroidism. He is in the business of changing lives. Besides his medical expertise, his procedure, his incredible staff, beautiful facility, he is also an incredibly humane, friendly, special person. Some people are doctors and some are also healers. Dr. Norman is a healer. He is a true professional with a full schedule but you can tell he is focused 100% on YOU when he is talking to you. I could not say enough about this professional or any of his associates.

Thankful show details Thankful
by Augusta on Sep 7th, 2009

I just had my surgery a week ago andmy experince with Dr. Norman, Dr. Politz and their staff was very refreshing, restoring faith in medicine. One of the things that struck me initially was the efficiency with which the surgery I had was conducted. Dr. Norman took a lot of time to explain what was going on with me, was very caring comforting and reassuring. I am very grateful to Dr. Norman and Politz for the experience and mostly feeling well again!

Sep 3rd, 2009

Great doctor, great staff!!! I feel wonderful!

Cured by Dr. Jim Norman show details Cured by Dr. Jim Norman
by Chris on Aug 31st, 2009

I am a 57 year old female. Dr. Norman diagnosed my PTH disease after my non-typical symptoms were ignored by a specialist for over a year. Although I did not meet Dr. Norman until the day of surgery, his availability to speak with me on the phone and through e-mail as well as being able to communicate with his excellent office staff, gave me confidence. I am from St. Louis and I did not find any local surgeons with even a portion of his expertise. How can anyone measure up to Dr. Norman's experience considering he has performed over 10,000 parathyroid surgeries using the radio guided miminally invasive techniques that he invented? During surgery, each of my parathyroid glands was checked, and a double adenoma was found. I am so thankful that I was able to go to Tampa to have a brief 22 minute surgery and to be cured by this talented, caring man.

by Joan Hoffman on Aug 31st, 2009

I found Dr. Norman and his staff to be courteous, extremely skilled in parathyroid surgery. He put me at ease and everything he told me I would experience during and after my surgery has thus far been exactly true. I would strongly recommend Dr. Norman for anyone who has a need for this type of surgery.

Mark as Helpful  | 16 people found this helpful Report Abuse