A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James O'Connell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James O'Connell is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James O'Connell, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Retention
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Connell graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia.
Dr. O'Connell has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
- Hospital of the University of PA
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. O'Connell accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Independence Blue Cross - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James R. O'Connell practice?
Dr. James O'Connell practices Urology, Surgery, and Medical Oncology near Springfield, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA and Radnor, PA.
See Springfield Urologists, Springfield Surgeons, and Springfield Oncologists.