A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James O'Connell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James O'Connell is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. O'Connell
Urge Incontinence Patient Education Urinary incontinence patient education guide covers all aspects concerning overactive bladder diagnosis and treatment options.Before Visiting Dr. O'Connell Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. James O'Connell, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Retention
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Connell graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia.
Dr. O'Connell has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Richards O'Connell MD is a male Urologist, has 47 years of experience and practices in Urology.
- Where does Dr. James R. O'Connell practice?
- Dr. James O'Connell has 9 office locations.
Dr. James O'Connell practices Urology near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Drexel Hill, PA and Springfield, PA.
See Philadelphia Urologists.