A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James O'Keefe:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James O'Keefe is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. James O'Keefe, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 21 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Diabetes Complications
- Diabetic Vascular Disease
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Pathologic Constriction
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Keefe graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 5 awards.
Dr. O'Keefe has 23 hospital affiliations:
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital
- Saint Luke's South Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. O'Keefe accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City - 4 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Humana - 4 plans
- Family Health Partners - 2 plans
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan
- Anthem - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James H. O'Keefe practice?
Dr. James O'Keefe practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Nuclear Cardiology near Kansas City, MO.
Additional practice locations include: Overland Park, KS and Chillicothe, MO.
See Kansas City Internists, Kansas City Cardiologists, and Kansas City Nuclear Medicine Physicians.