A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James McNamara:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. James McNamara, MD is board certified in Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Alzheimer Disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Complex Partial Epilepsy
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Partial Epilepsies
- Rasmussen's Syndrome (Encephalitis)
- Seizure Disorders
- Status Epilepticus
- Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
Education & Awards
Dr. McNamara graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 4 awards.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James O'Connell McNamara MD is a male Neurologist, has 43 years of experience and practices in Neurology.
- Where does Dr. James O. McNamara practice?
- Dr. James McNamara has 1 office location.
Dr. James McNamara practices Neurology near Durham, NC.
See Durham Neurologists.