A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Powell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Powell is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Powell
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Powell Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Powell, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology and Anatomic Pathology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Retina Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Powell graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Dr. Powell has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Shelby Baptist Emergency Department
- Trinity Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Orlis Powell MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology and Anatomic Pathology.
- Where does Dr. James O. Powell practice?
- Dr. James Powell has 1 office location.
Dr. James Powell practices Ophthalmology and Anatomic Pathology near Birmingham, AL.
See Birmingham Ophthalmologists and Birmingham Pathologists.