Dr. James Okamoto MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Waipahu, HI

3.2

April 16th, 2017
Arrogant doctor.
There must be a reason why he relocated. Overall at my visit, he seemed unsympathetic, rude, and self-involved. If he would have taken a little time just to listen and show some care, I would have stayed at his practice, but now I am moving on. I also hear he attacks his colleagues.

August 24th, 2016
Most Competent Doctor in Hawaii
I saw Dr. Okamoto online on a Sunday for a health concern immediately, and he seemed to be the most knowledgeable and competent doctor I have seen in a while, so I could not rate his staff, but he understood my issue better than any other doctor I have seen in very little time to review my information.

November 18th, 2013
Took my Dad there for his first visit after being discharged from the hospital. I was expecting a physician who was more proactive, asking questions, making recommendations, etc., but this was not the case. If I didn't make recommendations for therapy, adjusting the meds, making a follow-up appointment, etc., I don't think he would have even considered them. Maybe it was too early (830 am), but Dr. Okamoto seemed to be a little slow as a clinician, based on my experiences with my own doctors who seem to be on top of things.

February 22nd, 2012
Takes time to listen to me!
I never felt rushed. Small office, but I didn't have to wait in a large waiting room full of sick people, they put me right in a room.