Dr. James Ooi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 6 reviews

January 30th, 2016
Great program for weight loss _ just follow what he says and do your daily walking

October 14th, 2015
Overall Great
I was very hesitant to go to Dr. Ooi for what I have read on this site and others about how blunt and rude at times. Mr Dr. referred me to him due to my health of diabetics. I went to his office in Chico and was pleasantly surprised how sweet Dr. Ooi was and listened to me and my husband about my declining health issues. To me he was great and understanding. I have been going to the Corning office and seeing Dr. Adam as well and care for them both, they are both very helpful in my weight loss betterment of life. I have been going to them for 7 weeks and lost 30 lbs. and 4 inches around my waist. There are times it can be difficult for I am not a veg. eater, but I have found I do like and enjoy them. My problem is eggs I detest them and Dr. Ooi and Dr. Adam have been working with me on other ideas for my breakfast meal. Thank you Both.

September 1st, 2015
Worst Office Staff
Dr. Ooi himself is a great guy and will spend a good amount of time with you during your visit. That being said, his office looks like it hasn't been updated in ANY way since the 70's (even carpet in gyn exam rooms...big no-no), and his office staff is absolutely horrible. I have seen Dr. Ooi approximately 7-10 times now and the issues I have had so far have been extensive. When calling to make an appointment, no one EVER answers the phone, the answering machine has no professional message so you will just get the generic automated "you have reached blah blah number. To leave a message..."; you really could be calling someone's personal cell for all you can tell. When you do leave a message, don't expect to get a call back. There are times I have to leave more than 5 messages on different days before I get a call back. It could take weeks, and when I do finally get a call back and make a point to mention how long it has taken to be able to schedule, the front office lady makes NO attempt to even feign an apology. She very clearly does not care whatsoever how her laziness and lack of professionalism has negatively impacted your life. All in all, I have now decided to discontinue going to this office for the above listed reasons. It's very frustrating to find a good doctor and find out they have horrible office staff. I will not recommend anyone to use this office.

May 15th, 2015
Dr. Ooi was in my face about my weight loss and he was the only person who helped me lose the weight I wanted. He pushed for more weight loss but I stopped where I was very comfortable. My biggest complaint was easing back into the real world eating. That was missing in my experience so I slowly went back to my bad habits. He is always there if I need him - -

July 17th, 2014
Great Doctor
Everyone is very nice in his office. Dr. Ooi really helped me lose weight!

September 22nd, 2010
awesome!
I went in for weight loss. He was very honest with me. I was fat. I have now lost 51 lbs in the last year. He knows what he is talking about. Every time I go in, I get counseling about eating habit's,health issues that I might be having etc... When I leave I feel so much better about myself and "know" that I am on the road to better health.