Family Physicians, General Practitioner

383 Connors Ct
Ste F
Chico, CA 95926
530-345-5897
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Good but at what cost!  |  show details
by Michelle Ricke on May 11th, 2013

Hello my name is Michelle and I have seen Dr.Ooi on a couple different occasions when I was younger about 6 years ago I went in and saw him, he was extremely blunt and very to the point. I wasn't used to it but hey sometimes the truth hurts so I followed the program and lost a ton a weight in a very quick time it was great and I guess worth his totally inappropriate behavior. I really like the staff however :) they have always been extremely nice to me personally. Now that leads me to now, I am now married and have a 3 year year old. I have struggled extremely hard to loose weight again so I decided I should go see him again. My husband has also had weight issues so we decided to do it together. We have both been doing the diet about 2 months now and we have lost a great amount of weight and we are continuing to do so. But yesterday we had an appointment and let me add I am now only 25lbs overweight and I was 45lbs overweight when I began and my husband was 65lbs overweight and now he is only 45lbs overweight. We are extremely grateful for that. however, At what cost??? My husband and I have always struggled with our weight and we take a lot of time making sure our daughter eats healthy and appropriate and that she gets plenty of exercise, like I mentioned she is 3 yrs old. And yesterday while my husband and I were at Our appt. Dr.Ooi all of a sudden decided it was appropriate to talk about my daughter NOT ok. My daughter according to her pediatrician(an actual child Dr.) and the charts say she is perfect height and weight. She is 30lbs and 3 years old, perfect size. Dr.Ooi decided to comment on what I was feeding my daughter after having to wait 20 mins in waiting room and then now 40 more minutes to have had to see Dr.Ooi so an hour and longer once we actually got to see Dr.Ooi and the temperature after Dr.Ooi checked cause I kept saying it was hot noticed the thermostat was set at 83 degrees way to hot and way to long for a 3 year old to wait patiently. After talking bad about his staff Dr.Ooi preceded to tell me he could already see that my daughter would be over weight when she was a kid, and that she was already over weight now. REALLY a 3 yr old and one who is NOT Even overweight and at that I did NOT ask about my daughter my husband and I were in there for us. How very inappropriate and unprofessional of Dr.Ooi. I had given my daughter organic fruit chews that by the way she NEVER has cause I seriously hate all that junk so at most she will have 1 a month and in this situation she was getting extremely upset and was hungry. Either way I was so mad!!! Still am my daughter is perfect and happy and because of this I called my daughters Dr. crying about it and they reassured me my daughter was great and nothing needs to change just because this Dr. Thinks a 3 year old should diet. I would understand if my daughter was huge and WAS in fact overweight inappropriate yes but at least in that situation it was much more understood. Dr.Ooi preceded to tell me how to raise my daughter and told me I gave her sugar and junk all the time which I mist definitely DO NOT do. How would he know anything he doesn't live with me or spend everyday with us to even think of this. UNBELIEVABLE I will now not Ever be going back and I will also be filing multiple reports on him for his inappropriate behavior.

|  awesome!  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2010

I went in for weight loss. He was very honest with me. I was fat. I have now lost 51 lbs in the last year. He knows what he is talking about. Every time I go in, I get counseling about eating habit's,health issues that I might be having etc... When I leave I feel so much better about myself and "know" that I am on the road to better health.

|  Graduated from what medical school?  |  show details
Dec 24th, 2009

I'm just curious, what medical school did he graduate from? He definitely helped me loose weight but in a very dangerous manner. Staff is very disrespectful and their billin departmen constantly messed up my co pay and insurance billing

|  show details
by gia on Feb 7th, 2009 on yahoo.com

Hello, I don't really know much about Dr. Ooi, however I have heard wonderful things about him, and from people whom have had EXCELLENT RESULTS (regarding weight loss), and people who have have had NOT SO GOOD results, but blame themselves for not following through with the entirety of his program. I, myself, am about 50 pounds overweight, and extremely depressed about it. I gained it ALL over the past 6-7 months!!!! I have not changed my eating habits, much at all. I have 1 (one) outfit to wear, and refuse to buy clothing that fits my currents weight of 165, thereby accepting my weight gain, by purchasing the clothes. I have always weighed 110-115 lbs., have a very small frame, and am 5'4". My problem, simply stated, is that I need Dr. Ooi's help, and have no long distance, or way to reach him. I have insurance, and an email, if anyone has any suggestions. My email is gia0138@hotmail.com , or gia0138@gmail.com . That is al for now, however, focusing on he beginning of my review, I HAVE HEARD WONDERFUL THINGS ABOUT THE SUCCESSES, AND FAILURES, OF patients seen by Dr. Ooi. Way to Go!!!!

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  show details
Nov 30th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Worst Dr Ever!!! He should have his license pulled.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com