A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Ostrenga:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Ostrenga is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Ostrenga, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac care and testing
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Ostrenga graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Ostrenga has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Macneal Memorial Hospital
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ostrenga accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 17 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 13 plans
- Humana - 24 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- Blue Cross of Idaho - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans