A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Ostroff:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Ostroff is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Ostroff
Bowel Incontinence Patient Education Our bowel incontinence patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for fecal issues.Before Visiting Dr. Ostroff Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Ostroff, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Transplantation
- Obstructive Jaundice
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Ostroff graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Ostroff has 3 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- UCSF Mt Zion
- UCSF Medical Center / Mt. Zion Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Warren Ostroff MD is a male Internist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. James W. Ostroff practice?
- Dr. James Ostroff has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Ostroff practices Gastroenterology near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Gastroenterologists.