A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Ostroff:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Ostroff is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Ostroff
Eating Disorders Patient Education Read all about treatments and doctors to see for various eating disorders by reading our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Ostroff Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Ostroff, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 16 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Transplantation
- Obstructive Jaundice
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Ostroff graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Ostroff has 3 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- UCSF Mt Zion
- UCSF Medical Center / Mt. Zion Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Warren Ostroff MD is a male Internist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. James W. Ostroff practice?
- Dr. James Ostroff has 1 office location.
Dr. James Ostroff practices Gastroenterology near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Gastroenterologists.