A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Ostroff:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Ostroff is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Ostroff, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Liver Transplantation
- Obstructive Jaundice
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Pancreatic Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Ostroff graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Ostroff has 3 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- UCSF Medical Center / Mt. Zion Hospital
- UCSF Mt Zion
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ostroff accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 8 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James W. Ostroff practice?
Dr. James Ostroff practices Gastroenterology near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Gastroenterologists.