Dr. James Owens MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 5 reviews

January 29th, 2016
Avoid This Doctor
Is unable to listen. Does not understand the meaning of no or stop!!!

September 23rd, 2015
Stay far far away from this man.
Stay far far away from this doctor, he is sexist, unprofession, self-centered and judgmental. I dropped this doctor after only being a patient for less than one year. This doctor would constantly say sexist remarks toward me, discourage me from pursuing a challenging career, told me that my bachelors degree was a joke and that my husband being active duty was a joke, would constantly sneer and roll his eyes. Hands down the most unpleasant human being I've ever met in my life, total disregard for other people's feelings.

August 28th, 2014
He takes time with me. overall he is a very nice ,has very good bedside Manner .

February 28th, 2012
A Caring, Compassionate Human Who Has Proven He Cares
I want to tell Chambersburg mothers, if you have a teenage daughter and you are able to get an appointment with Dr. Owens, Do so!I have consistently been thoroughly impressed with his care of both my children ( I have a younger son).Being a single mother, recently injured in Afghanistan, all kinds of issues (some medical but more imoirtantly life issues) have arisen over the ladt 18 months and I just have to say, we have never, ever had anyone take a genuine interest & offer honest advice and leave knowing that we have had the best care available.He is a family man with a wonderful way with children.You might have to wait a little bit, but you know that he will give you the same time & attention needed, so it is well worth it!

January 13th, 2011
Excellent PCP
Dr. Owens is not only an excellent Primary Care Physician but, he has also proved to be a great person who is willing to help in any way he can and seems to find joy in helping others. He is a doctor who takes the time to listen thoroughly to his patients and doesn't rush through your appointment. Dr. Owens takes a sincere interest in you as an individual and doesn't mind sharing with you info about his education and family. He is highly effective in finding you the specific treatment needed to get you on the road to recovery. Also, this physician is great with his child patients. I would refer him to anyone and everyone without a doubt in a heartbeat. Hopefully this wonderful doctor will stay in our area for a long time and continue to provide his excellent care to all of his patients.