Dr. James Chandler Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Chandler?

July 13th, 2017

Great Doctor!

Very warm and patient temperament . Explain my condition very thorough so I understand my condition.

May 16th, 2017

He worked miracles for me

Dr. Chandler addressed my tumor in innovative ways that preserved much of my function that would have been lost if addressed by other methods. 10 years out and I have had great results.

February 23rd, 2017

Amazing doctor!

I loved that he sat and answered all my many, many questions and I never felt rushed. He is very kind. His staff is also very helpful and returns calls or emails fast. I would recommend him to my closest family and friends.

July 19th, 2016

Dr. Chandler and his team were compassionate and caring to me and my husband.

May 20th, 2016

I was incredibly lucky to have Doctor Chandler then...

It was 4 years ago..I had a serious car accident in Chicago. Doctor Chandler saved my life with a very successful brain surgery. I was fully recovered only one month later! It was a miracle. Thank you so much, Doctor Chandler and your wonderful team!

March 1st, 2016

Dr. James Chandler Neurosurgery

Excellent service, perfect care, compassionate, kind & highly intelligent neuro surgeon (Dr. James Chandler), honest, superior surgeon in a superior location of Northwestern in Chicago, Illinois. Expertise & treatment surpassed my expectations. Thank you for saving my life Dr. Chandler & alleviating my severe migraines and central brain apnea (cured ! ) . Highly recommended, worth traveling out of state for the exceptional expertise of Dr. Chandler, he is the sweetest physician with the kindness & compassionate care in his field that I have ever met. thank you !

December 15th, 2015

Dr. Chandler saved my cousin Debra Cottrell's life. The rating come from her. He had her mind at ease from the beginning until he removed the cancerous tumor that was trying to take her life. We all thank you Dr.Chandler, and would recommend you to anyone.

December 2nd, 2015

Excellent surgeon and phenomenal person. I put my life in his hands and he delivered.

September 17th, 2015

I feel very lucky to have Dr. Chandler as my doctor!

We waited for about an 1 hour 45 min. because he had an emergency surgery in the morning. The nurses asked if we wanted water while we waited. I was scared we would be rushed, but he sat and answered all my questions and explained things very simple to understand. We scheduled surgery about a month after my visit. About a week after my first visit, I had a scare his nurses told me to get to the ER and they would be waiting, they took excellent care of me. I ended up having surgery moved up to two weeks after my first apt. I felt very well taken care of by Dr. Chandler and his team of doctors and nurses. It's been two weeks after surgery and had my first check up and I'm feeling and doing great.

February 18th, 2015

very happy

The most magnificent doctor and brilliant surgeon I have ever met. Dr. Chandler worked 14 hours to remove a bening tumor wrapped around my brainstem. I had no symptoms pre operatively and post op I'm the same!!! He and his staff are truly angels:)

October 24th, 2014

The best there is

Incredible doctor and surgeon. Very honest and ethical.

June 29th, 2013

disappointed and still in pain

While the doc himself may have been good in the cervical spinal fusion surgery itself, his inattentiveness and that of his resident and the hospital staff both pre and post op was nonexistent. I spoke very briefly with the resident before surgery and saw him and Chandler for only a few minutes the day after, where both doctors said almost nothing. I received almost no information on what to expect post-op, especially regarding the horrendous amount of pain I would be in, and further I was not given a collar to wear until over 30 hours after surgery. Post-op personnel were non-responsive to my nearly frantic calls for help during my overnight stay, and frequently just left me standing there when I needed assistance getting back into the bed. Post op team also insisted that there was no order for a collar, yet when I spoke to Chandler's clinic nurse 2 days afterward, she said that couldn't have been right and insisted that I wear it 24/7. I have received so many contradictory instructions from Chandler's and the hospital's staff that I am confused not only about how I should handle this post-op period, but whether or not the lack of the proper support for my neck for so long was appropriate or a mistake, and whether it will have a negative impact on my recovery and on the long term outcome of the surgery.