Dr. James Hall DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 28th, 2016
Not everyone wants to take medications for a mental health issue. What was great about Dr. Hall, was that he's wonderful at exploring those concerns and prescribing a medication that you're comfortable with and that will address your issue. His staff is not so great but I don't think he deserves any lower of a rating because of it.

May 24th, 2016
Highly Recommended
Excellent doctor and staff. After the first 4 or 5 appointments with were full appointments I can only give 4-stars for spending time because doctors now have to see so many patients (I blame the insurance companies) it is hard for most doctors to spend a lot of time with their patients.

February 16th, 2016
back on track
I went to Dr Hall from a referral from my pcp that didn't know what to do with me. Turns out he ordered a bunch of lab work which revealed a medical condition, and he took me off a bunch of meds I didn't need. Although, I don't need a psychiatrist at this time, if I did, I would definitely go back

November 3rd, 2015
Dr. Hall is a great psychiatrist and so is his staff. Dr. Hall has been a great assistance in helping to assist me with my ADHD/OCD.

September 22nd, 2015
NICE FRONT OFFICE AND GOOD PSYCHIATRIST
Although I initially had a two week wait for an initial appointment, office manager Leona put me on a wait list if an appointment became available. Luckily, I was able to get in sooner, and I was very impressed by her service. I enjoy talking with her at my follow up appointments too. I have also been very satisfied with Dr Hall. On several occasions my medications were not covered by my insurance and he did the prior authorizations to get them covered(my former psychiatrist would not do these). Follow up visits are mostly focused on medications, but he was able to refer me to a good therapist in the area

August 31st, 2015
Do not go to this man
I could have sued him but I didn't want to give this man another minute of my life. After leaving him, in time, you will come to realize what a horrid doctor he is.

August 5th, 2015
My husband and I have been seeing Dr Hall for years. We have been very pleased and are quite comfortable with his services. Prior to this, both of us had decades of psychiatrists, and none of them compared to the services we get here. He is usually able to get us in for a timely appointment and his front office is very helpful. Although, many times when I call, I get the voicemail, they call back within the hour. I particularly like that I have no wait to see him at the appointment. Many of my past and current providers lead to over an hour wait. I have never waited longer than 5 minutes! We also feel comfortable that he works closely with our therapists. Our 15 year old son, and 19 year old daughter now see him, and they really like him too. Im not really quite sure what there is to complain about, but I guess that is why people see him to try to get better. Must be tough

January 12th, 2015
very satisfied with the services
Easy to make an appointment, no wait to be seen, and had all my issues addressed. Very straightforward and had some good referral sources

January 9th, 2015
Go Somewhere Else
This office is a joke. They give you a 30 day supply of medication and force you to have a monthly appointment to keep refilling your prescription thus creating a form of revenue for this office. I missed an appointment and instead of authorizing a refill they were pretty much like "oh well its your fault for missing your appointment." Do I not still need my necessary medication? Doesn't the patient welfare come before protocol? So I'm officially out of antidepressants and there is nothing they can do about it. No other doctor in my history has forced me to make an appointment for refill when the medicine was required to be taken daily. As a matter of fact they usually give you a 90 day supply especially with safe medicines like SSRIs that you have already taken with no side effects. In case you're wondering what I needed a refill on its Sertraline. Not a narcotic or tranquilizer but a very safe drug that usually any office will authorize for refill. Will not be going back to this joke of a doctor.

December 3rd, 2013
Have been to quite a few psychiatrists over the years,and have been pleased with the care I have received with Dr. Hall.

July 24th, 2013
highly recommend
I have had several psychiatrists, and this has been my favorite one and office so far. Everything was straightforward. I feel my condition was evaluated thoroughly, and I was explained and offered all the available treatments, which included alternatives to medications. He didn't just pressure me to take medications. He also works very closely with many therapists in the area. This was the first office that I came to my appointment and was seen at my appointment time compared to others that I would wait in the office for hours.

July 22nd, 2013
great experience
Courteous office staff, friendly doctor, and good results. Not sure how other people can complain