Dr. James Mckenna MD Patient Reviews

• 1 review

Showing 1 - 1 review

March 3rd, 2011
Loochy
This is my "PCP" or at least he is the guy listed on my insurance cards, but I dont think I have ever met the man, maybe, I have been going to this doctor's office for 30 years since I was a baby.Family Practice in Beaver FallsIt's been my "PCP for my whole life(30 years), but I doubt that since I turned 18 and started going to the doc less I have seen the same doctor twice. They hire student doctors right out of that work there for 3 years, the 3 year docs are usually the best. So it is pretty much impossible to form any kind of relationship with your doc, because it will be a different one every time. I understand it is a very busy clinic in a poor neighborhood, I just wish it was easier to talk to your doc, especially for people that are poor like many in Beaver Falls. If I have something that is at all embarrassing I will rarely bring it up. I dont want to really bash them because it is a great place that does great things for the community but that is something that always bothered me about going there. But alot of the nurses have been there for longer than I am old, and thats nice, the one lady always tells me how cute I was when I was a baby and asks me what the heck happened, lol. The mean(in a funny way) receptionists have also worked there forever. Why can't they have more than a handful of docs stay for a long time? I guess it is a teaching clinic or whatever but I think the bedside manner could be better with the docs if they were required to stay longer than 3 years.