Dr. James Roach MD Patient Reviews

July 12th, 2013
Did not feel I got a comprehensive exam. Did not even get a mammography recommendation at time of physical and I'm of the age where I have been getting them yearly for some time. They want you to stop all traditional medications and only take the herbal remedies they sell. When I asked them what to do when I have an "attack" from one of my medical issues they said "Just take your herbal remedy." When I asked if that would work like traditional medicine, they said, "No," just give it some time, though. Well, that doesn't help when you have to work and function. They give you tons of handouts, but no real answers. They do spend a good amount of time with you, but, again, it's because they are talking to you about supplements. I spent a lot of money with them giving it a go and my health got much worse. I sought out an internist who got things sorted with proper testing and diagnosis. He put me back on traditional medication and had me eliminate some of the herbal medications as I was on so many that he felt the amount was contributing to my overall issues. I believe there is a place for supplements but I feel like with anything they are not the ONLY answer. I believe they need to be properly utilized in conjunction with traditional medicine. I am very disappointed in their care and the money I wasted on going there. Based on my experience I do not recommend them. Seek out a doctor that utilizes traditional AND complimentary care not just one or the other.

September 28th, 2012
Examination
I feel doctor Roach is a very good doctor,I just need more time spent with me as a patient. The doctor is always in to big of a hurry. And so his examinations are not as complete or as thorough as what I would like.