Dr. James Pappas MD Patient Reviews

Mother of Patient
Excellent Pediatric Neurologist!

July 18th, 2014
Mom
The think that I like most about Dr. Pappas is that he spoke directly to my son and not just to me. My son, after all, was the patient. I have recommended Dr. Pappas to many friends/coworkers over the past 15 years. He is one of the best physicians around. Great bedside manner. Fully engaged when he is with the patiend.

May 28th, 2013
Though one of his nurses wasn't very friendly, I would recommend Dr. Pappas to anyone! He was very friendly and helpful to us, and when he wasn't sure of how to solve my problem with diplopia, he referred me to someone that could. Because of him, I am now migraine free!

January 31st, 2013
Kind, and patient doctor
Dr. Pappas is an excellent physician. He is extremely patient and easily engaged my daughter, making him the "fun" doctor in her eyes. I would easily recommend Dr. Pappas to any parent.

August 22nd, 2012
Good Doctor!
After spending 2 months at Riley Hospital and getting no real answers as to the reason of our son's seizures and being told there was really nothing further they could do for them, we decided to get a second opinion. Dr Pappas took time to look over our records and then set forth a clear cut plan as to where we go from here. He informed us of new medicines he will be able to try and ultimately if he can't get the seizures under control, he will refer us to Cleveland Clinic which is more than the Riley doctors ever offered to do! We are very pleased with the concern and direct approach he brought to our son's case!

January 4th, 2012
Dr Pappas has been my daughter's neurologist for 8 years now. He and his nurse practitioners have taken excellent care of my daughter over the years. Not only is he very knowledgeable, he is great with kids. I am an RN myself and am very selective about the physicians I choose for my family's care. I would recommend Dr Pappas to any parent needing excellent care for his/her child.

January 3rd, 2012
A good Doctor
While I would not go so far as to say he is the doctor with the best bedside manner I have ever had, he has been attentive and listened to my concerns about my son. We had been to several neurologists in the area, and there are some that I would NEVER go back to. Dr Pappas did not needlessly put my son on medication he did not need. He worked with us in finding the right medication and has been helpful in giving us information as to what to expect. He has been seeing my son for almost 8 years, and will continue to be his neurologist!

August 31st, 2011
He was very short with my daughter. After asking a question, he would interrupt her answer with a rude tone of voice. He acted as though he was better than we were.

July 26th, 2011
Run the Opposite Direction
Awful...awful...awful...my daughter ended up being diagnosed with a serious (potentially catastrophic) rare brain disorder, which I identified before the doctor did, based on her symptoms. However, when I attempted to discuss the possibility of her having the disease with Dr. Pappas, he called me "an overworried mom" and told me my daughter was "just fine". How very wrong he was. I would never recommend him to anyone, not even my worst enemy. No one deserves to be treated like this doctor treated my daughter. I know other things about this physician that would blow you away, but I won't post them on the internet for fear of reprisal on his part. However, he KNOWS he cannot deny that he is fortunate he did not end up in court for his failure to take my daughter's symptoms seriously. He is a lucky, lucky man, but a terrible, terrible physician.

May 25th, 2010
My son had an appointment with Dr. Pappas. Dr.Pappas was very thorough and explained everything in detail. I would highly recommend him.

April 16th, 2009
Dr. Pappas has been treating my granddaughter since she was 19 months old for a seizure disorder. He is a very caring person,always taking the time to talk to us and her. She absolutely adores him. We could not have asked for a better doctor.