Dr. James Parrott MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

November 13th, 2013
not good
Rushes through appointment. Acts annoyed by your questions or concerns, does not explain his choices, will not talk to you if your having side effects. Doesn't listen!!! Very rude and shows no compassion, consideration, or bedside manner. Very unprofessional. Extremely dissatisfied with the way we were treated by him!!!!!!!

March 15th, 2012
my son has been a patient of dr.parrott for a long time and he is wonderful

March 29th, 2011
In-patient Visit
I was introduced to Dr. Parrot when my 4 month old was checked in to Levine Children's hospital for recurrent seizures. While there she was diagnosed with Epilepsy and Dr. Parrot gave us the news. At the time he seemed competant, informed and matter of fact, all of which I appreciated. We checked out that day and that is where it all stopped. Since then it has been a month and we have not seen or heard from Dr. Parrot which I understand to be normal, but that is not where it gets bad. My daughter was prescribed a medication that to date does not seem to be effective and seems to be altering her mood. She has had 2 seizures a week since she was checked out of the hospital early this month. Each time I have called Dr. Parrot at Levine and each time he has upped her dose she has moved from 1mL to 2mL. The last time I called was to let him know she was twitching and he said up her dose to 1.75, I found that interesting because her dose was already upped to 2.0mL. It lead me to believe that he had not looked at her chart correctly and if I had not had the presence of mind to question it we would have lowered her dose and who knows what would have happened. He comes off as unconcerned with the condition of his patients. The first out-patient appointment we were to have with him is in 2 weeks and we will be seeing someone else. We didn't even make it to the office as it wasn't necessary for us to realize he wasn't the doctor for us.