Dr. James Payton MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 27th, 2016
My experience with Dr. Payton
He does care. He does listen. He makes time to listen. If you listen, he makes a lot of sense on how to make your own life better without medications. Suggestions you may have just forgotten throughout an ongoing struggle with your life. Applying it and working with yourself on those suggestions help so much. A plus for me is that he is not drown out like a middle man therapist who rambles for an hour. He tells you the truth and lets you process it and he somehow does this within 15 minutes. You get more time for your appointment, I just meant he can sum up in 15 minutes what takes an hour for a therapist. I think he is wonderful. I've been to a lot of Psychiatrists and I knew if it didn't work out with Dr. Payton I would stop looking altogether. I was tired and at my end with Mental Health Doctors. I'm glad I didn't give up and I'm very grateful I found him.

November 29th, 2015
I've been visiting Dr. Payton for many years. I can't say enough good things about him.

April 22nd, 2015
Payton Sucks.
I went to his office and actually left because he was over 1 hour and 30 min. late. His staff was hateful and when I did see him in session, he was exceedingly condescending.

July 25th, 2012
Do not trust him
He treated me when I was 6 years old and gave me a series of drug cocktails for ADHD that lead to hallucinations and extreme behavior change. He is scum.

November 1st, 2011
Saved my family; twelve years of excellent experience
Dr. Payton has successfully treated my son, my daughter, and my husband, all of whom had serious psychiatric diagnoses. Our family has survived because of his expertise. He is always willing to listen, check into any concerns, and treats patients with respect and courtesy.

September 29th, 2010
abby kramer
abosolute best psychiatrist ever had!!!!!! so knowledgeable, makes u feel comfortable, so that i can be 100% open and honest. just amazing! A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++