Dr. James Penna MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 4 reviews

December 9th, 2015
Dr. a great job removing bone spurs and chips from front of right ankle.

June 27th, 2011
Great doctor, great guy!
You can't find a more considerate and compassionate doctor. Dr. Penna just happened to be in the hospital when my husband needed care in the emergency room. He came to the ER and spent at least 40 minutes reviewing my husband's history, considering alternate treatments and providing excellent care and reassurance. My husband was able to see him in his office just 3 days later, where again, he made us feel like my husband was his ONLY patient (of course not true: his practice is really very busy). He is genuinely kind and caring. No wonder he has won awards...!

December 16th, 2009
Seven years ago I sustained a very serious orthopedic injury. After many surgeries, my injury finally healed.Dr.Penna was always very informative, always put all the options on the table. Always took the time to answer any, and every question I could think of, of which there were many. Bedside manner is impeccable, along with his compassion. Now, seven years later I still remain one of his patients, although do not see hgim that frequently as before. He is the first ortho I recommend to anyone. I have been in the medical profession for many years, and his is that diamond in the rough. All the hype of the doctors in NYC, is just that, a lot of hype. I had seen some of the best, and could no way compare to Dr.Penna.

May 21st, 2008
Dr. James Penna
I'm 17 years old and I had ankle surgery recently. Dr. Penna was caring and comforting every step of the way. He walked me through every step of the procedure many times to make sure I fully understood what was to be done. My scars are very minimal. Dr. Penna was also kind enough to take pictures of my ankle while in surgery. He is a wonderful doctor!